• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My UO not updating...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would love to see MyUO updays more often, it take around 3 days if a char switch guild or a new char are made before it is shown on MyUO, I miss old MyUO.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Great Lakes and Siege for starters.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has your character info been updated?
Yup, Atl is updating, although it's a few days behind on my murder counts. That will catch up though - as I remember, it was a few days behind when the info was updating?

LS, however, is still VERY far behind. I wiped all of the counts on my necro mage shortly after the latest publish because I wanted to try Corpse Skin +Flamestrike with the Myrmidex Slayer book against the Myrmidex Queen. Guild affiliation isn't there either. Any ETA on it being fixed on LS, @Bleak?

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still not listed in my guild on Chessy. I joined in March. Is there anything I need to do on my end. It also says my character is inactive. I'm sure everyone knows Lady Marge may be many things, but inactive is not one of them. :p

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a char on LS that is about 4 months old that still doesn't show up. I don't play it much but log it in about twice a week.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are still six shards that aren't updating in MyUO: Catskills, Chesapeake, Great Lakes, Lake Superior, Oceania, and Yamato.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The information being reported for Atlantic seems to be goofed up once again. No one seems to be showing up as having logged in "recently."

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like Drachenfels may have been hit by the same problem now too. Guilds on Drachenfels no longer seem to be showing characters as having logged in "recently."

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak It has not been updating for Lake Superior for quite some time. My whole guild shows as inactive or unknown. There are at least... 8 that are active! Okay, it's not many but we are! :)

Enziet

Journeyman
Yeah, if it wasn't for this old post being dug back up, I wouldn't have even looked. My characters info is pretty old... Although it doesn't really matter to me whether some website gives some basic information on my character is updated or not. Doesn't really affect anything IMO. Just people being anal I guess.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It makes a HUGE difference when your being scouted by random drive-by chars & you want to notify your team who to be prepared to fight. Most all serious PvP guilds know each others Ventrilo or Teamspeak address & can look them up in 20 seconds to tell you exactly how many players they have logged in. If an enemy guild has 15 players in their VOIP with one of their guys doing drive-bys spawn checking & I'm rolling with 3 of my guys..... yeah, we ain't working up a champ pop for nothing.:pie:

That 120 magic resistance that occasionally shows up immediately tells you that players not para-bait.
A quick search lets you instantly know the basic templates of folks your fighting or soon to be fighting.
The murder counts being accurate can instantly tell murderers, possible noto-pks, or good folks (reliability of this has been reduced by pardons).
I'm just mentioning a few advantages of the site being functional & updated often (which it doesn't seem to be).

Folks asking for something to function as promised... that worked perfectly for years, stopped working entirely for years, got a complete overhaul & worked amazingly awesome (the alpha), got downgraded in the current Beta & is now a total hit or miss (like pulling a slot machine)....:wall:

Trust me, I assure you its not

Just people being anal I guess.
;)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LMFAO do you guys test/review anything before you deploy it live? How the hell did you all get your jobs and how in bloody **** are you retaining them?????
No, they don't. There are a couple of occasions where they clearly didn't test they updates they pushed at all. The atlas for example to name a recent one. It's just not worth being suprised about it any longer.

On the other hand, those guys learned their software engineering like 20 years back?! So don't expect them to be on par with today's QA standards. They also seem to try to find another software engineer but can't find one. Go figure ;)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Misk is the only official QA person on staff, which means its unlikely he can catch all the problems. This is why TC1 exists, so we can help catch things. It's certainly not ideal, but EA is myopically stupid.

However, its on the devs when they punt out a publish we've told them has problems before fixing them. You don't hand someone a slice of cake, then suggest they eat around the maggots...

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, if it wasn't for this old post being dug back up, I wouldn't have even looked. My characters info is pretty old... Although it doesn't really matter to me whether some website gives some basic information on my character is updated or not. Doesn't really affect anything IMO. Just people being anal I guess.
a·nal
ˈānl/
adjective
adjective: anal
involving, relating to, or situated near the anus.
  • (in Freudian psychoanalysis) relating to or denoting a stage of infantile psychosexual development supposedly preoccupied with the anus and defecation.
Yeah, well @Enziet, that's kinda gross!!!!!

Allow myself to enlighten you of one of the most awesome uses of said post which before I posted, the last entry was Sept 10, 2016. Now in some terms this would be a somewhat oldish post. But in today's society one can receive rather harsh criticism for starting... "yet another post on the same subject". I would rather err on the side of caution and continue an obvious ongoing issue than try to begin anew. This allows other that have posted on said post and those who may be following, but not replying... (yeah you can do that too) the ability to keep up on a subject that is important to them (us)!.

Now, Acid Rain has given you more than enough reasons for its use, but allow me to push back the veil a bit more.

When someone approached me in game... crying... I'm a noob... I am so lost... I don't know what to do. This site provides me with the ability to find out just how new they are.

I'm a returning player.... Help me!!! I can tell right away what kind of help they may need.

There use to be a day and time when people use to try to join my guild in droves. It was very helpful to weed out certain people by seeing things about them so I could verify how truthful they were.
Think of it as a resume of sorts. What guild they are in (even though they don't have it over their head) If they have murder counts (yeah I know all about pardons). When it comes to being a guild leader, you are protecting every single member from someone joining just to kill and just because this may not be a common occurrence, it can happen. Even if you take the time to get to know them over a couple of weeks, people will still be mean and do just that.

This was a tool we had years ago and they axed it for whatever reason. I don't know why or how. I am so very thankful they brought it back.

Don't be judgemental because someone else uses something you don't.

*goes to the bottom of a dungeon to herd monsters into her camp and identify items while forensic-ing and taste ID's corpse that are nearby* yuummmm....

oh and yeah... I do in fact have trust issues. :)

Enziet

Journeyman
a·nal
ˈānl/
adjective
  • (in Freudian psychoanalysis) relating to or denoting a stage of infantile psychosexual development supposedly preoccupied with the anus and defecation.

Allow myself to enlighten you of one of the most awesome uses of said post which before I posted, the last entry was Sept 10, 2016. Now in some terms this would be a somewhat oldish post. But in today's society one can receive rather harsh criticism for starting... "yet another post on the same subject". I would rather err on the side of caution and continue an obvious ongoing issue than try to begin anew. This allows other that have posted on said post and those who may be following, but not replying... (yeah you can do that too) the ability to keep up on a subject that is important to them (us)!.

Now, Acid Rain has given you more than enough reasons for its use, but allow me to push back the veil a bit more.

When someone approached me in game... crying... I'm a noob... I am so lost... I don't know what to do. This site provides me with the ability to find out just how new they are.

I'm a returning player.... Help me!!! I can tell right away what kind of help they may need.

There use to be a day and time when people use to try to join my guild in droves. It was very helpful to weed out certain people by seeing things about them so I could verify how truthful they were.
Think of it as a resume of sorts. What guild they are in (even though they don't have it over their head) If they have murder counts (yeah I know all about pardons). When it comes to being a guild leader, you are protecting every single member from someone joining just to kill and just because this may not be a common occurrence, it can happen. Even if you take the time to get to know them over a couple of weeks, people will still be mean and do just that.

This was a tool we had years ago and they axed it for whatever reason. I don't know why or how. I am so very thankful they brought it back.

Don't be judgemental because someone else uses something you don't.

*goes to the bottom of a dungeon to herd monsters into her camp and identify items while forensic-ing and taste ID's corpse that are nearby* yuummmm....

oh and yeah... I do in fact have trust issues. :)
So the entire reason for your post was what??? Increase your post count? Or am I just doing that? I can't quite tell :p Too long didn't read. Don't really care either way just saw that you Mentioned me :) Thankyou btw.

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a·nal
ˈānl/
adjective
I think the term your looking for is anal retentive:

The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), commonly abbreviated to anal,[1] is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that it becomes an obsession and may be an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea, an entire application isn't working, and people reporting that it isn't working are just being anal. da ****?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have come to the understanding that, for whatever reason, the devs have just "blown it off" and decided never to try to fix it! At least they could have the courtesy to let us know that they weren't going to bother. Maybe they thought we would just forget about it. Just another part of UO going by the wayside with no response from the Illustrious UO Development Team *cough, cough*.What's the deal @Mesanna , @Kyronix , @Bleak ????

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It finally list me in the guild I've been in since March and am now the guild leader. :D Thanks for looking into it and fixing it.