• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ATL Festival is hella fast!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Atlantic has started a new city Tree in Jhelom

and its already full grown (listed as Giant Tree) just with no lights on it yet, so im assuming thats like stage 3?
that was hella fast!!!!

i guess you have to be on the ball to get in on the ATL Festival, eh?

anyone who wants a present should probably go drop off a couple BODs now before this round is done.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Atlantic has started a new city Tree in Jhelom

and its already full grown (listed as Giant Tree) just with no lights on it yet, so im assuming thats like stage 3?
that was hella fast!!!!

i guess you have to be on the ball to get in on the ATL Festival, eh?

anyone who wants a present should probably go drop off a couple BODs now before this round is done.
You can still turn in once it's full.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
really?

i thought once it was full up that was it - it was done everyone gets paid out?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
really?

i thought once it was full up that was it - it was done everyone gets paid out?
Nope, it's active for a flat 3 days, even if it's full after 1.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would be nice is if someone could keep a consolidated list of the xmass trees on shards to know which ones have gone to full and which level other shards are in.

I've already dumped a single bod from every character on 3 accounts on Atlantic and Great Lakes for Jhelom assuming both trees get to max. Any other shards closing in on full trees?

For your powergaming tactics :

1 - If its not a shard you play/have characters - use your xmass gift character or create new character (use fun names since your box will have the character name - think like 'An Angry Subscriber' and such work well..... )
2 - Train tinkering skill by giving 1 gp (.1 skill). to the tinkerer
3 - Get 3 bods. One will likely be axle with gears.
4 - Buy the axle with gears from the tinkerer (3gp each so 30, 45, or 60gp).
5 - Take moongate to Jhelom and teleporter to tree.
6 - Drop off bod.

In 3 days when tree is full bring all characters back to collect your reward from the bag.

Takes no more than 61gp per character to get a reward using tinkering. Tailer, smith, alchemy all take more $$ since the items cost more to buy.

If you want some red stuff as gifts - create a new necro character and cast some necro spells to go negative karma.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scouting some larger shards..the first tree with ornaments I saw was GL. Second Europa then Atl and Catskills . Many trees were Charlie Brown or smal trees still ..like 8 hours ago.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The tree in Jhelom on GL went to max around 5pm CST on Tuesday.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is the tree done without the top star or is there one stage left when we get the lights?
The last stage adds both the star on top and the lights. So when the tree has a star on top it is finished.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the tree done without the top star or is there one stage left when we get the lights?
no we still need that top star on Europa and i transferred over to Alt yesterday to buy some stuff, so im guessing when i come back today i will have lost all my effort i put into this tree. But i have a good few large bods and high end small bods that might take it to the star. But it wont before late tonight

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
strange..I checked GL that had the lights but no star for many hours now..hoped the star was a sign the time was out and tree finished or something.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Atlantic seems to have stalled.
no star on the big shard.
kinda humorous when ya think about it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Siege made it, thanks to all the hard working crafters on the shard.
All who turned in a bod will now get a gift.
Wow THAT is awesome! Congrats you guys! Love the dedication and teamwork on that shard! :heart:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh nice congratz on the star on siege.
Were trying to get to stage 5 on Europa but that last stage takes a huge amount of points. I gave that greedy elf tons of smith LBODs and just stood their and said
thank you and get back to work.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic seems to have stalled.
no star on the big shard.
kinda humorous when ya think about it.
Players: Small shards cannot complete the tree because the devs didn't scale it down from what Atlantic is set to.
Devs Response: Increase bods required to get the tree to the next stage on Atlantic.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If anyone has any BOD's on Atlantic, it would be awesome if you guys could turn them in :)

About 25 of us have been non-stop feeding it BOD's today and it's still stuck on level 4.

So close, but yet so far away!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If anyone has any BOD's on Atlantic, it would be awesome if you guys could turn them in :)

About 25 of us have been non-stop feeding it BOD's today and it's still stuck on level 4.

So close, but yet so far away!
at some point in the history of UO i must have been at a IDOC on ATL and i got a collection of BODs.
for years they have been collecting dust at my Keep on ATL - in fact i had forgotten all about them.
just noticed that a lot of them where already filled and awaiting LBODs to put into.
so i stopped by and dropped a bunch of them off at the elf.
still wasnt enough to push that damn elf over the top!

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes a ton of bank points to move from level 4 to level 5 .
Atlanatic did it the first time and you still have up untill server up.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did they raise the Atlantic requirements?
It sure seems like it. The first time it only took us one day to level it to the maximum, this time we have had 25+ people doing it for 2 and a half days and it's still only level 4.

Every time I walk by the tree I see more names I don't recognize also, so new people are joining in on it too.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
they must have raised the bar, i was parked there hidden on my thief for a while as i was working and had it up on my 2nd screen and there was a constant chain of people running through and dropping stuff off.

still no start.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Ls tree was decorated, no lights no stars. I turned bods in this morning. Now the bag is there and boxes on grass and you can get a gift if you gave enough points.

Why a day early? It looks like the Atlantic tree, No lights no star.

Does Jhelom Atlantic have enough in the treasury?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hmm..something is afoot!

We have new decorations..no bag...but snowmen!

Snowmans.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok Ls tree was decorated, no lights no stars. I turned bods in this morning. Now the bag is there and boxes on grass and you can get a gift if you gave enough points.

Why a day early? It looks like the Atlantic tree, No lights no star.

Does Jhelom Atlantic have enough in the treasury?
I thought the tree started at server up. I got 5 of 13 bags. Only 2 did more than one small BOD.

I would say I got more than I deserve but all the gifts were repeats!!! I have a hearty collection of goblet lanterns and Cane paintings.

People of LS collect your Gifts now. The bag will poof soon.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sure seems like it. The first time it only took us one day to level it to the maximum, this time we have had 25+ people doing it for 2 and a half days and it's still only level 4.

Every time I walk by the tree I see more names I don't recognize also, so new people are joining in on it too.
Not sure what the average is, but I have added over 60 BODs to the tree after the lights were on it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is a large group of us staring at the Atlantic tree hoping for a miracle at this point. This is the new hangout spot on the shard. We are all out of BOD's. Somehow all the BOD's on Atlantic wasn't enough to level the tree up so far.

Untitled.png

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it is stuck and defective. There has been an awesome flow of people all day hitting up that elf with nothing happening.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it is stuck and defective. There has been an awesome flow of people all day hitting up that elf with nothing happening.
Yeah, I've been watching it all day too and I've seen about 300 separate people drop off BOD's. Plus the 20 or so people who have been dumping hundreds of BOD's on it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The star just popped up!

The Atlantic tree is done finally! :)

Untitled.png

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
haha, i cant believe i got that caught up in the fate of the Jhelom Christmas Tree on ATL, haha, days off and snowed in - im gonna chalk it up as that!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe the devs have done this to clear up server space so the game runs faster. Is it working yet?

Congrats on the tree. Why did the LS tree turn off today?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not sure what the average is, but I have added over 60 BODs to the tree after the lights were on it.
Was it small or large bods? I believe it take 149 large weapon 20 exp bods to get from stage 4 to 5 and get the star on top. Remember it is banking points that count, so it will take 3200 exp 20 SBoDs or 16k normal 20 SBoDs.

Last edited:

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am running around looking for the next location, now that i figured this tree thing out......and using up old bods.......

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am running around looking for the next location, now that i figured this tree thing out......and using up old bods.......
The next location won't start until tomorrow.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This whole BOD thing with the tree looks so lame to me, and this confirms it

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The festival seems to be following the city order in the publish notes, which is simply alphabetical order:

Publish 95 – Ultima Online

Minoc is on currently, and I guess that Moonglow will be next.

However, a city will be skipped on a shard if it doesn't have enough gold in the Treasury on that shard, so some shards may be ahead of schedule. Better to check with the local town cryers...