• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confused ... can't customize house

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know there are certain things that will prevent house customization. Since the last effort to tweak stuff I only added the Smithing Press. So when I got the "can't customize" warning, I redeeded it.

I still get the warning. I have since redeeded a Soulforge (large one), 2 Fountains of Health. Did you know the FoH turns into a barrel when redeeded? I didn't.

Sooo, what am I missing? Everything that is on the plot now - trees, statues, furniture, curtains, chests, etc were there and in the current positions for several customization rounds. I'm stumped ... need a clue here.

Thanks!

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Some of the elven chests will stop you from that. It would be nice if they said what was keeping you from doing that.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is there anything in the moving crate?

also moving barrels are explained on this page:
House Ownership – 7. House Add-ons – Ultima Online
Holy jumping jehosaphat! My entire crafting area needs to be dismantled! Large forge, anvil loom, spinning wheel. Oh, also nooted that locked down items redeeded without release first turn into barrels ... as my FoH did. Interesting.

@Ellie - yup, would certainly be nice if they stated even ONE thing stopping it.

@Kayhynn - no garden beds.

Thank you, folks ... now to go dismantle my crafting corner. :grrr:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Those (the crafting addons) should be okay. They will likely be redeeded either way if you make changes in that area. Sometimes they are redeeded and go into the customization crate either way.

Anything that is a deeded container, however, would have to be redeeded before customization.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, I finally figured out what needed to be redeeded or handled somehow ... and a couple I had are NOT on the list! In total I went thru the list and redeeded the following: anvil, large forge, elven forge, elven loveseat, warrior statues, elven spinning wheel, loom and soulforge from the list. Then in the special add-ons Hearth of the Home Fire.

Also, needed to remove the following (not on list): fountain, currency wallsafe.

I did these one-by-one in the order listed in the link Petra supplied and still had problems. That's why I did the fountain and then the wallsafe. Doesn't make me happy having to dismantle so many things to simply shift one teleport tile and the east walls of the floors.

Thanks again, folks. I now have my list for the next time I want to get silly and adjust stuff. ARG!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'll add a page on this to UOHomeDecor. Thanks for the research.

I bet the auction safes are the same way and would require removal before designing.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The only way you can be sure is to remove one item at a time if it is not in the grid list or the paragraphs below it. That's how I doped it out. Took a while but got things sort of resettled now ... still need to setup the tailor stuff.