• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer/Bard

Violento

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys, noob questions =)
I was wondering, right now im with 99.8 animal lore and 106.2 animal taming.
I was thinking if it is possible to achive 120 taming / 120 lore / 120 disco / 120 provo / 120 music / unsure about medit / unsure about magery.

In my current situation, what do you guys recommend to me to achive my goal?
Is it maybe possible to craft jewels with enhancements to magery/discord/music/provo on the same piece?

Thanks =)

SimpleEnigma88

Adventurer
I'm not the most experience tamer, I only have a Peace Tamer Mage. But looks like you are going to be choosing between magery and Veterinary. If you go mage, you wont be able to pet rez. And if you go Vet, there are encounters where it is very impractical, or impossible to use bandaids on your pet.

Personally, I would use Discord/Magery/Vet, and drop provo, since you have the pet as a meat shield already. But thats just my two cents, read up on other opinions, I'm still learning myself :)

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

SimpleEnigma88

Adventurer
A not on the Jewels... you can have up to 5 mods on a jewel with imbuing. You can get up to 15 points on each skill, the 5th skill will be lower though due to intensity, I believe. So around 130 points can be achieved with jewels.

That being said, you will be sacrificing other mods obviously, faster casting, defense chance, spell damage, etc...

Also, while you can always up your taming/lore with jewels, you will probably eventually want to have the highest amount of real skill you can achieve in those. When it comes to the taming masteries, only real skill affects the intensity of the Consume Damage mastery ability. And CD is the most powerful mastery out right now, it is seriously game changing at level 3 mastery.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Violento

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
what do you need exactly from mage?
recalls, greater heals, cure...
but do you need anything above 4th circle?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Are you going to be using the taming mastery or one of the bard masteries?

Whichever mastery you choose, those are the skills you want to be 120. So if you go taming... you will want taming and lore to both be 120 / 120. Then you can possibly have less than 120 for some of those other skills and look for skill points on jewels. The crystalline ring has 20 Magery and 20 Focus, so that's not a bad choice if you ware looking for something standard. I would say you want as much meditation on your template as possible, and that you might want to go with just one bard skill (I'd suggest disco) if you don't want to have to give up both magery and vet.

Good luck.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you are going to use the bard masteries, you can load taming, veterinary and lore through items and only have 120 real skill on music, provo and disco. But ideally, you need to have enough meditation to keep the masteries running.
I run the following template:

As you can see, I have real 120 kill in music, disco and peace. The others are lower than that and increased through the use of several items.
I always try to keep magery at at least 92 so I don't fizzle invisibility. 72 meditation plus all the MR on my suit allows me to run both peace songs at the same time indefinitely, unless I start having to cast spells along with them.
In that case, my 190 mana lasts me a good 3 to 5 minutes anyway.
More details of the template and suits can be found here: What template(s) are you running?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I went with 120 Animal Lore / Taming / Magery / Music, and then 120 Discord or Peace, depending. Then 40 Med and 80 Vet, but with Jewelry I have 60 Med and 90 Vet. Even whil running Consume Damage, I never run out of mana, and the only worthwhile offensive spell I can cast is Mindblast, and defensive I cast greater heal.

Sqrlking

Adventurer
My opinion is very siimilar to Dizzy. I would drop Provo and go Magery/Vet for the final two. Then switch between Peace/Disco, using a soulstone, depending on whether you are taming or hunting.

So the set up would be:

120 taming
120 lore
120 Vet
120 disco (or peace, depending on situation)
120 music
100 magery

There has not been a time when I've wished I had provo on my tamer, but peace and disco are both excellent compliments for him. This also gives you the flexibility to run bard or taming masteries.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So @Sqrlking I thought about dropping Med and going 120 Vet, but I found the extra mana regen helpful. Do you ever run out of mana?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run:
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Music
120 Disco
100 Magery (115 total with the Tomb)
20 Hiding (since I am a gargoyle and like to hide for some encounters)

With 30 MR on my suit I can sustain the level 3 taming mastery and keep my mana constant. If I am doing alot of other casting, I usually have to turn the mastery off to get mana back up. I find there are few critters I can't keep my pet alive against by discording then healing through a combination of the consume damage mastery and vet heals.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been playing on Siege & this is the template that I use:

115.0 Magery
120.0 Animal Taming
120.0 Animal Lore
120.0 Veterinary
120.0 Musicianship
+120.0 Peacemaking (swapped on soulstone)
+120.0 Discordance (swapped on soulstone)
+120.0 Provocation (swapped on Soulstone)

I have found Provocation VERY helpful when doing treasure maps. I'll invis. before the creatures pop. Then, when they're out, I'll provoke the strongest creatures onto each other, then sick my pet(s) on them. Like i said, VERY helpful.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I ran 120 Provo for years, and I'm guessing you're doing L5s or less. Once you get to L6 you can't provo, the ancient wrym is almost immune to your provocation.

You probably need Cartography and Lockpicking on that template somewhere. :)

Sqrlking

Adventurer
So @Sqrlking I thought about dropping Med and going 120 Vet, but I found the extra mana regen helpful. Do you ever run out of mana?
The only time I get low on Mana is when I need to use GH instead of vet for healing. I don't normally run masteries, if I did med would be more important.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I run 120 taming, 120 animal lore, 120 peace, 120 disco, 120 music, 115 magery, 80 meditation with high MR armor. I don't use vet...I don't find it very useful when you can just run off screen and log off to prevent your pet from dying. I also carry and insure a pet-res-potion just in case. I keep both peacemake masteries up and use greater heal to keep my dragon alive. Peacemake mastery is great in parties. Otherwise, I run animal taming mastery.

Oh and 120 provoke is on a soul stone.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Aren't provo songs better when you are solo'ing? Peace songs looks defensive.
It is very defensive. Adds a lot of survivability to my pets with the 27% reduced damage and 27% DCI.
I am not sure I would be able to keep both provo songs up without running out of mana after 10 or so minutes with that build.
I can test later on.