• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS EM Event - October 26th

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think I might attend the em event just to see what its about I haven't been to one in a long time and I don't mind dying, if it allows me a chance to learn that's fine too :) I got my butt handed to me by Max the other day, i'm harmless really. Even if the em event doesn't get finished, I still think it would be nice to pop in and just thank you for making one at the very least. Or we could always just make more player events like we used to when I was around a lot. Who knows, maybe I will make another event soon. Thank you to everyone who has made events in the past and or future, your hard work is appreciated even if it doesn't always go as planned.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I :heart:you all too, sometimes I just can't resist:stir:. Always funny when Doc start :rant2:and others do :yell:just because some of us will like to see a little :sword:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll just show up dead, and take out the fun of anyone killing me.
Seriously I'm not into EM events

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Eaerendil You're the most thin skinned board princess I've ever had the displeasure of knowing. My god, man! You sure know how to let them ruffle your tingle jingles (btw...I don't even know what that means)

Pro Tip: Stop taking everything so serious and relating it to real life.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is. I also remember accusing folks of "cheating". I was also playing ona 32 bit operating system and when I woind up guilded with some of those folks, I found out that that had a wealth og LEGAL game knowledge and just some general skill. I used to bea pretty damn good pvper pre aos even even early on post aos but I never have gotten back to that point tbh. I still enjoy it though and all would get better if there were more fights to be had. I guarantee you, these Hi-5 guys would be ecstatic to see 7 or 8 groups on their skill level running around onja nightly basis. So would all you non com carfters because crap would fly off your vendors....
Well, when some folks, who shall remain nameless, are dumb enough to post screenshots with illegal programs running you´re kind of past the accusing part, wouldn´t you say?

And that´s what I love about stupid people. They do stupid things. :D

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I hope everyone will attend this event. I still love this shard. Critical will be recording to prove no cheating is going on. I hope this inspires you all and we will have a great time. See you there friends :)

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope everyone will attend this event. I still love this shard. Critical will be recording to prove no cheating is going on. I hope this inspires you all and we will have a great time. See you there friends :)
All this good natured-ness has me rethinking this whole PvP thing. Lets just all gather for the Event and have a feast instead. Maybe some team building activities? =)

Last edited:

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tired of getting killed by hi-5? Want to be able to do your event or spawn in peace? Look no further for 3 small payments of 10 million gold me and my crew will protect your spawn or event 100% guaranteed. Order in the next 5 minutes and we will include 2 free screen shots of the dead bastards who try and raid you!...ORDER NOW!

In the small chance we die to lag or d/c money back is not guaranteed.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I mean it's your choice. You could be dying and giving us worthless VvV items or we will continue to take your real crimmys/ornys/inquis as we are right now :) Crit's roof enjoys it :heart:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone tell me what time this is: October 26th at 8pm EDT (UTC -4) ?

I am trying to work out what time it is in Australia. Like is EDT east, central or west coast usa time? I don't understand all the abreviations. I might come along but will be naked or in basic crap leather lrc, as I ping 250 to 310 so not intending to do anything but watch assuming the timezone is reasonable.

MissE aka Eshelle.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Can someone tell me what time this is: October 26th at 8pm EDT (UTC -4) ?

I am trying to work out what time it is in Australia. Like is EDT east, central or west coast usa time? I don't understand all the abreviations. I might come along but will be naked or in basic crap leather lrc, as I ping 250 to 310 so not intending to do anything but watch assuming the timezone is reasonable.

MissE aka Eshelle.
[xtable]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Location{/th}
{th}Local time{/th}
{th}Time zone{/th}
{th}UTC offset{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Washington DC (USA - District of Columbia){/td}
{td}Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 8:00:00 PM{/td}
{td}EDT{/td}
{td}UTC-4 hours{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Sydney (Australia - New South Wales){/td}
{td}Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 11:00:00 AM{/td}
{td}AEDT{/td}
{td}UTC+11 hours{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Alice Springs (Australia - Northern Territory){/td}
{td}Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 9:30:00 AM{/td}
{td}ACST{/td}
{td}UTC+9:30 hours{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Perth (Australia - Western Australia){/td}
{td}Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 8:00:00 AM{/td}
{td}AWST{/td}
{td}UTC+8 hours{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Washington DC (USA - District of Columbia) Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 8:00:00 PM EDT UTC-4 hours
Frankfurt (Germany - Hesse) Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 2:00:00 AM CEST UTC+2 hours
Copenhagen (Denmark) Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 2:00:00 AM CEST UTC+2 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 1:00:00 AM BST UTC+1 hour
Honolulu (USA - Hawaii) Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 2:00:00 PM HAST UTC-10 hours
Anchorage (USA - Alaska) Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 4:00:00 PM AKDT UTC-8 hours
Chicago (USA - Illinois) Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 7:00:00 PM CDT UTC-5 hours
Phoenix (USA - Arizona) Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 5:00:00 PM MST UTC-7 hours

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol what a bunch of cry babies.

Boycott the event, you'll show us.

Lol, last time we killed you and you just gave up thinking we couldn't kill it. fun fact: Pvp is the end game of UO, to assume we can't pvm is pretty foolish.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It may be your end game but that's just not the case for many many people who play this game. Prodo shards were created for a reason.
I don't understand. are you suggesting prod shards were created for Pvp and siege was not?

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand. are you suggesting prod shards were created for Pvp and siege was not?
The other way around. Except Siege wasn't created for PvP. Siege was created for people who wanted the old ruleset. Which includes PvP among a lot of other things to enjoy. UO was created as a social experiment, not just a PvP platform. Siege is the last remaining glimpse of what the creators envisioned in the beginning. Prodo shards were created for people to avoid PvP or to PvP in a safer envornment.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
before AOS to PVP on siege all you had to do was grab some regs, gm made armor/weapons and find about 50 people to fight in either t2a liches or the brit graveyard. Now its just a ****show.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
TheCatOutOfTheBag.gif

Now that everyone knows when and where its no longer a secret. Be seeing all that do show up. Hi5 I hope you are early and not a johnny come later type of group. Be there to listen to the roleplay, hide to avoid the thieves, play the game with the rest of us, work the Boss, then and when you are sure you can fight the rest of us.

I so hate those party crashers that just wish to push their way through and take over events, that has been the BIG reason for not posting the News here.

And if those two are serious about becoming Reporters this would be a good time to show your juice.

See you all tomorrow, and remember I need to be out of there for the Sonoma Event later that evening so if I vanish during the event on Siege that will be why. Have fun all.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I were part of a 50 member guild, we would all be in vent and would happily hand you all your asses, but since I'm unfortunately just a solo dude, and I don't care for EM events...well...happy pvpn.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other way around. Except Siege wasn't created for PvP. Siege was created for people who wanted the old ruleset. Which includes PvP among a lot of other things to enjoy. UO was created as a social experiment, not just a PvP platform. Siege is the last remaining glimpse of what the creators envisioned in the beginning. Prodo shards were created for people to avoid PvP or to PvP in a safer envornment.
So what the **** does this mean then? Or were you just posting for the + 1?

It may be your end game but that's just not the case for many many people who play this game. Prodo shards were created for a reason.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We know.
That´s why you´re not good at posting screenshots. :D
What do you mean? I'm excellent at posting screenshots. %s over characters names give me a ****ing huge edge bro. That is why you are so bad at PvP, because I see %s over people's heads.

Forsaken

Journeyman
Fun fact #2: If you wear bad, low-end gear, it's going to be trashed or unraveled. If you wear good, mid/high end gear, it will ultimately get reused and possibly back to you or guild.

I don't get why this concept is so foreign to Siege Perilous still. PvP would be so much more enjoyable. Instead, people have to resort to finding PvM'ers to kill for they usually have better loot.

Just my $0.02. I believe I posted this same rant several years ago.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fun fact #2: If you wear bad, low-end gear, it's going to be trashed or unraveled. If you wear good, mid/high end gear, it will ultimately get reused and possibly back to you or guild.

I don't get why this concept is so foreign to Siege Perilous still. PvP would be so much more enjoyable. Instead, people have to resort to finding PvM'ers to kill for they usually have better loot.

Just my $0.02. I believe I posted this same rant several years ago.
I heard that the best way to get PvP action is to have all the PvPers join the same guild...

Amazing, huh? :thumbup:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I mean, HI-5 has made almost 1 plat worth off of 2 Siege events which is roughly 125$.
So, because of PVP we bring those funds back to Atlantic. All because we can pvp and others cannot. It's a simple equation. We will continue to bring in every. single. event. item and we will continue to bring those funds back to Atlantic. Because most of you cannot or will not pvp. So there's a reason to pvp. Stay cute dr. :)
Who cares for money...

Gesendet von meinem PHICOMM CLUE+ mit Tapatalk

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who cares for money...
You developed this attitude out of necessity. You consistently fail and your subconscious psyche requires you to justify said failure. so now instead of viewing your deficiencies as a failure you view it as intentional.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You developed this attitude out of necessity. You consistently fail and your subconscious psyche requires you to justify said failure. so now instead of viewing your deficiencies as a failure you view it as intentional.
giphy.gif