• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention House Owners!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who did not know this or are new to UO / SP:

Apparently, there is a way to enter your house via teleporting on your roofs. *redacted per admin* I am no expert in this issue but we noticed a PK teleporting on the roof of a house and killing the house owner there.

Maybe some of you might find that information useful...

:)

P.S.: This is no complaint, no rant, no whining. Just an info for those players who dont know it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read this a few minutes back and set my roof teleporters to Friends, Can this trick take them inside the lower floor walls or just to a part of that floor outside the walls, a balcony or such?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Read this a few minutes back and set my roof teleporters to Friends, Can this trick take them inside the lower floor walls or just to a part of that floor outside the walls, a balcony or such?
Not sure.

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
this days I saw Coco complaining about something like this, looks like Nightstalker managed to kill her while she was on the second floor of her house !

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I really hope this gets fixed. People need to stop cheating and breaking the rules. One day we will reach that goal, with teamwork.
@Mesanna may know how it was done? Oh Dark Lady have you any clues how this was able to be done? Are Goza floors, that are above the existing house floors, not a part of the house? How is it someone not a friend to a public house, doors and pads set for friends only, able to teleport to the 5th floor of that house?

Mesanna on Legends.jpg

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*redacted per admin*
Was this my joint? Or another. Cause if they were 'teleporting' up then it has to be a hack/cheat of some kind. You can't legitimately teleport onto the second floor of a building especiallly over the fence of a balcony.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the interest of keeping this as a clean, ToS abiding thread, can we stop with the cheats and hacks talk? We dont need to be publicly discussing how to perform glitches in game...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the interest of keeping this as a clean, ToS abiding thread, can we stop with the cheats and hacks talk? We dont need to be publicly discussing how to perform glitches in game...
Someone hearing enough to figure out a block for it and posting that block would be nice. Maybe something as simple as putting something you can't stand in the same spot of in a certain place to block the arrival point?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Only way to be safe is to make your house private I fear, I would be sad to see that, I hate private houses :p

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer the house public with the doors co-owner and the teleporters friends only. Someone comes in via an open door and does my hide in, I run into town and see the healer. This cheat becomes a problem, that may change.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
At the moment, most of my houses have a public and a private part, with double doors set to friends and guild and teleporters to friends. I may unlock the doors again, except for Guild house.
When I had my first shop in Safe Haven, a Villa, you could not lock your front doors in a public house, so I was standing at the terrasse outside, doing al my crafting and vendor stocking. Siege was way more wild at that time but it was really not a problem.
The game is so safe now, it's sad.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*redacted per admin*
Stealthing through a player gate your revealed when you stealth through it. The teleporters are set it friends only would mean someone who is friended killed you, or someone used a cheat hack.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey guys and gals,

I have cleaned up and edited a few posts in this thread. The reason is, we do not allow for any detailed discussion regarding exploits, bugs, or ideas of how they are done, that may give people enough information to try and replicate it.

While I agree that the public needs to be aware that such an exploit may exist, discussing it in detail can be a problem. I ask anyone with any detailed information to please send an email to Mesanna so they can investigate and fix this issue.

Until then, a good rule of thumb is to be careful in any case that your home is public. Historically people have found ways around door security, and it is always best to be safe.
Thank you.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The teleporters are set it friends only would mean someone who is friended killed you, ...
Killing me outside the house wouldn't get someone unfriended, using that access to kill me or anyone else in the house would.

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys and gals,

I have cleaned up and edited a few posts in this thread. The reason is, we do not allow for any detailed discussion regarding exploits, bugs, or ideas of how they are done, that may give people enough information to try and replicate it.

While I agree that the public needs to be aware that such an exploit may exist, discussing it in detail can be a problem. I ask anyone with any detailed information to please send an email to Mesanna so they can investigate and fix this issue.

Until then, a good rule of thumb is to be careful in any case that your home is public. Historically people have found ways around door security, and it is always best to be safe.
Thank you.
just go ahead and delete the thread... changing our post to something else is not right...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stealthing through a player gate your revealed when you stealth through it. The teleporters are set it friends only would mean someone who is friended killed you, or someone used a cheat hack.
I know who killed me and they were NOT friended. As I said, the only way to the floor I was on was via teleport set to friends so the only other way they could of got access was via a gate cast from that floor. If I gate out somewhere and they entered the gate into my house I wouldn't of seen them as I would be at the place I just cast the gate to while they were going to where the gate came from :). They could then just hide inside normally and kill me when I returned. That is the ONLY legal way possible to kill me on that floor. As such it was just carelessness on my part and a lesson learned so now I do an automatic 'detect hidden' up on entering my house and now ONLY gate from the public area downstairs if I am leaving the place hopefully to avoid this in future .

It is the reason I asked Eaerendil if that was 'my joint' as he said in his original post that he and a friend had seen someone 'teleporting' to a house and killing the owner. Still don't know if it was but if so it wasn't a stealther gating in. If that is the case I want to know if was my place as if it was MY place then I need to look at how to 'protect' against it if possible, or at least know whether there is anything that can be done other than making the house totally private to avoid it.

If the only way to stop this is to make a place private then I may as well pack up on siege and not bother as the ONLY reason I decided to play on siege was to run a vendor mall, and hopefully start my event company up, but there is no point in investing more time, MONEY and energy into it if I have to make my places 'private' just for basic security and not having my chars dry looted at the whim of someone coming in via nefarious means or for that matter having people who attend any event I may run slaughtered inside buildings due to the same problem. I don' t mind getting killed 'legitimately' as it is up to me to be more careful etc etc, but I do mind it if there is bugger all I can do because people are not playing within the rules.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To think all this abuse from hi-5 could have been avoided had GIL not taken the liberty of getting VvV arties removed while the bad guys were afk.

One day they'll break. Until then, its gonna be a rough life heheh

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To think all this abuse from hi-5 could have been avoided had GIL not taken the liberty of getting VvV arties removed while the bad guys were afk.

One day they'll break. Until then, its gonna be a rough life heheh
:violin:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
MissEcho, if the one killed you are a newly
this days I saw Coco complaining about something like this, looks like Nightstalker managed to kill her while she was on the second floor of her house !
If he got there, I'm 100% sure someone was foolish enough to open a gate from inside the house to a bank :devil:. To many forget not to use gate from private areal of their house to places like banks unless they want not invited visitors :)

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For supposed to be containing the most hard-lifed players left on UO because of this shard's rule-set, you all sure seem to become extremely upset when killed :( Drink a beer, relax and eat some potato chips guys. Can I get a heck yes guys? I know I can get one from you @Drakelord !

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For supposed to be containing the most hard-lifed players left on UO because of this shard's rule-set, you all sure seem to become extremely upset when killed :( Drink a beer, relax and eat some potato chips guys@Drakelord !
This shard is just like any other shard, as far as what people choose to do with their time playing. Wide variety of people with a wide variety of interests. That's the great thing about UO. You have the option to do so many things in game, including PvP and a whole lot more. Sure there are some hardcore PvP players but there are also a lot more people who have no interest or have moved on from PvP. But you really already know this.

PvP on Siege has been broken for a while IMO. We play on a old ruleset shard with updates heavily influenced by the prodo shards. Unlike the olden days it's become to time consuming and costly to make good gear for this type of ruleset. It's not an issue with Prodo insurance as you never lose your stuff. But the requirements needed to build a proper suit in todays UO doesn't work with the old ruleset. I personally would like to see VvV arties in game. I would like to double all resource yeilds and have all runics roll with max uses every time. retool reforging and make it like imbueing. It would take care of many issues. People wouldn't get so bent when they lose their gear and you would also see a huge surge of gear for sale as it would be easy enough to make extra to sell for profit.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
For supposed to be containing the most hard-lifed players left on UO because of this shard's rule-set, you all sure seem to become extremely upset when killed :( Drink a beer, relax and eat some potato chips guys. Can I get a heck yes guys? I know I can get one from you @Drakelord !
Grab a beer and the bag of chips

Now how my name get drag in here, but thanks for the beer and chips. Time for a nap, later all.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
just go ahead and delete the thread... changing our post to something else is not right...
Deleting the thread is what wouldn't be right, simply because the community should be aware that there is indeed a problem. The edits were necessary for the reasons I have previously listed. The edits didn't change what people have said, I only removed certain information and made sure my edits were obvious. Anyone who has an issue with my modification to their post can certainly contact me directly via PM.

Thanks.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It goes to show how incompetent the devs really are. I don't even know how they managed to break this exploit again. You'd be VERY surprised the things this exploit has reintroduced. Very very sad...

It also shows how stupid the people are that know the exploit. They are too stupid to know they just gave away to the devs that it's back. So in essence it's a blessing in disguise we play with morons..

All I know is expect reverts soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It have been around for months or more I believe

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It goes to show how incompetent the devs really are. I don't even know how they managed to break this exploit again. You'd be VERY surprised the things this exploit has reintroduced. Very very sad...

It also shows how stupid the people are that know the exploit. They are too stupid to know they just gave away to the devs that it's back. So in essence it's a blessing in disguise we play with morons..

All I know is expect reverts soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL