• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Roof - Orchard

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Anyone have any technique to make this room easier to kill trees? Its easy enough to run away from the treefellows when I'm picking apples and whatnot, but my system of aligning the apples and knocking down the trees is painful to say the least. Any insight? And I do this with 1 other person so our system needs to be able to either see each others apples or at least talk to each other during to organize

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I don't understand. how does the horse help me explode the trees? u messing with me?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand. how does the horse help me explode the trees? u messing with me?
1. Pick an apple. Make a note of which dungeon/virtue (on paper or whatever).
2. Feed apple to the horse.
3. Go around and do this to all the trees so you can then workout what apple to throw where.

You can also do it without even attacking the trees. One person goes around and picks/throws the apples and the other just invis. I have a terrible memory so I have to write down the locations.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1 Honesty - Deciet
2 Compassion - Despise
3 Valor - Destard
4 Justice - Wrong
5 Sacrifice - Covetous
6 Honor - Shame
7 Spirituality - Hythloth
8 Humility - Pride

Write this to a book in the game or just to a txt file on your computer.
Always check trees in the same order (so you needn't remember with tree you checked first this time). For example, I do "gardens" clockwise and I do trees in each garden clockwise.
All you need to remember are few numbers numbers (maximum 8, usually 5-6). It's not difficult.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I follow DJAD's method, only I use my Cu Sidhe instead of a horse. It usually requires having a pen and pad to jot down a few of the locations of the different virtue/vice apples until you've gone through enough that you could match up some of the opposites and begin knocking them down.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I usually just pick one tree, throw it at every other until it works and completely ignore the spawn. It gets progressively quicker as they clear and I don't need to write or remember anything.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I used to farm roof like crazy and all the rooms just seemed like tedious chores so I tried to find the most efficient ways to do them. My personal method requires a little upfront work but makes it sooo much easier. 5 minutes in excel made Orchard runs take literally 3minutes.

In excel, make a spread sheet. Type in each name in large capital bold letters. COLOR code the background of each cell. Color them based on matching pairs, so Honesty and Deceit would both be orange, for example. Print it out and cut the squares out. The idea is that you will place these colored squares on an imaginary map on your desk. For now, keep these off to the side.

Then just systematically grab apples off the trees and throw accordingly. Place the squares on the imaginary map on your desk. Then just match the colors. It's like a silly children's game! I like to run four laps clockwise hitting up all the north trees, then east trees, south trees, and finally west trees. Should be done by your fourth lap.

The spawn is never an issue for me. If you're a sampire/warrior, they drop like flies anyways.