• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maintenance Completion Summary

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Good Evening,

Maintenance for tonight is completed, as you all probably know by now, tonight's Maintenance period was in order to roll out the Stratics Community Wiki.

Some info about the Wiki.
  • It's not complete, what is available to this point is:
    • we've migrated nearly all of the data from the uo.stratics.com Hunter's Guide to a new Hunter's Guide on the Wiki
    • A new Atlas has been created, which includes many Edon locations.
    • A Rares Database has been added containing well over 11,000 pages.
    • A list of Hues found throughout Ultima Online has been created.
    • Migration of 5 on Friday sessions from 2006-2009 has begun
    • Patch and Publish notes from 1996 (Pre-Alpha) til present has begun
    • Index referencing for many future pages has been done.
  • Extensions to facilitate creation of pages were installed.
    • Users can create Tabs on pages. This is useful for multiple guides on the same topic.
    • Users can create Menu Trees
    • Youtube Video embedding functionality was added.
    • An Advanced Editor can be selected for use in your Wiki Preferences
  • The Wiki right now is UGLY. Stratics offers both Light and Dark themes to it's users, as we are using a bridge to integrate the Wiki and facilitate Single Sign on, which also serves up a skin for the Wiki itself. At the moment the wiki will look the same regardless of theme until we have an opportunity to work on individual custom skins, importing information has been the priority.
  • The Wiki is set up to facilitate the support of multiple games.
    • Some of the feedback we've gotten has been a desire to see Stratics start supporting additional games again. This was accounted for when setting up the Wiki.
  • The Wiki has a section for Other Fansites, you or an admin from another fansite is welcome to create a page for said site, and start an Index of other sites on the page listed above. Please be aware the other site must be compatable with the Stratics RoC (No RMT or Free Shards).
  • An Addendum to the Stratics Rules of Conduct has been posted.
  • New Provisions for Progressive Discipline Points System have been added.
    • When you find a page that you suspect of having been Vandalized (see the ROC Addendum for the definition of Vandalism) please report it via PM to a Staff Member. On investigating one 3 things ill occur.
      1. It may be determined to have been an accident it will be rolled back and no action taken.
      2. If it is deemed intentional, and the damage is minor a user will receive a 0 point warning
        1. Multiple Wiki Vandalism warnings will result in the ability to edit the wiki being removed from a user.
      3. If is intentional and the damage is severe, it may be decided to remove the users editing privilege immediately.
    • Please Note at this time there are no plans to restore suspended Wiki editing privileges.
Community Members are welcome to create pages for their Guilds, Player Town etc.

Enjoy the Wiki and please consider helping us as we continue to migrate older data to this new format.

More information on how to edit a wiki can be found in the Stratics Wiki Forum and our Page Creation Page

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe the atlas pages do have a problem. Here is how Eodon looks on my screen and the others are bugged too. I use IE and windows 10. Seem to work fine in Chrome

upload_2016-10-9_15-47-24.png

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe the atlas pages do have a problem. Here is how Eodon looks on my screen and the others are bugged too. I use IE and windows 10

View attachment 54806
It's most likely because of Internet Explorer. IE ended it's Support Life back in January, and it has never and now will never be updated to fully support current Web standards such as CSS3 and LESS which Mediawiki, and for the sake of consistency we've made extensive use of. We looked a the browsers the majority of our traffic is on, IE was in the minority in terms of usage, just above mobile browsers and was the only source of traffic that didn't meet these standards.

I'll point this to @BrianFreud and let him chime in, he built the Atlas he might have details I don't.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Yes - there's a note on the front page of the Atlas about browsers, actually. Chrome, Safari, and Opera all are pretty close to up to date with their implementations of CSS. Firefox has said they're not yet caught up, but they plan to get caught up asap, hopefully by end of year. Over on Microsoft's side, IE is end-of-life in terms of css support; they've said that Edge should have better support "some time really soon", but for IE, they don't plan to add support for the rest of CSS3, including the parts of CSS3 that the Atlas requires.

For now, if you're looking to use the Atlas, figure to use Chrome, Safari, or Opera. The things it needs CSS to do can't be worked around, so until Firefox and Edge catch up, there's no real way to support them.

Offhand, the Atlas uses JavaScript 2015, CSS Transforms Level 1, CSS Shapes Module Level 1, CSS Filter Effects Module Level 1, CSS Flexible Box Layout Module Level 1, CSS Masking Module Level 1, and CSS Custom Properties for Cascading Variables Module Level 1. Currently, that's:

[xtable=612x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td=10x@}IE{/td}
{td=10x@}Edge{/td}
{td=10x@}Firefox{/td}
{td=10x@}Chrome{/td}
{td=601x@}Safari{/td}
{td=601x@}Opera{/td}
{td=601x@}iOS Safari{/td}
{td=601x@}Opera Mini{/td}
{td=601x@}Android Browser{/td}
{td=601x@}Chrome for Android{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
JavaScript 2015
{/td}

{td=10x@}not supported{/td}
{td=10x@}v13+{/td}
{td=10x@}v45+{/td}
{td=10x@}v53+{/td}
{td=601x@}v10+{/td}
{td=601x@} v40+{/td}
{td=601x@} v10+{/td}
{td=601x@}not sure {/td}
{td=601x@}partial support {/td}
{td=601x@}partial support{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
CSS Transforms Level 1
{/td}

{td=10x@}v11+{/td}
{td=10x@}v14+{/td}
{td=10x@}v47+{/td}
{td=10x@}v49+{/td}
{td=601x@}v9.1+{/td}
{td=601x@}v40+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v9.3+ {/td}
{td=601x@}not supported {/td}
{td=601x@}v4.4+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v53+{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
CSS Shapes Module Level 1
{/td}

{td=10x@}not yet supported{/td}
{td=10x@}not yet supported{/td}
{td=10x@}v49+{/td}
{td=601x@}v9.1+{/td}
{td=601x@}v40+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v9.3+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v52+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v53+{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
CSS Filter Effects Module Level 1
{/td}

{td=10x@}v14 (partial support){/td}
{td=10x@}v47+{/td}
{td=10x@}v49+{/td}
{td=601x@}v9.1+{/td}
{td=601x@}v40+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v9.3+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v4.4+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v53+{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
CSS Flexible Box Layout Module Level 1{/td}

{td=10x@}v11 (partial support){/td}
{td=10x@}v13+{/td}
{td=10x@}v47+{/td}
{td=10x@}v49+{/td}
{td=601x@}v9.1+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v40+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v9.3+ {/td}
{td=601x@}supported {/td}
{td=601x@}v4.4+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v53+{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
CSS Masking Module Level 1
{/td}

{td=10x@} not supported{/td}
{td=10x@}not yet supported {/td}
{td=10x@} v47+{/td}
{td=10x@}v49+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v9.1+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v40+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v9.3+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v4.4+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v53+{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
CSS Custom Properties for Cascading Variables Module Level 1{/td}

{td=10x@} not yet supported{/td}
{td=10x@}v47+ {/td}
{td=10x@}v49+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v9.1+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v40+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v9.3+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v52+ {/td}
{td=601x@}v53+{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

In other words, Firefox is getting there, but Opera mobile and any MS browsers, support for modern web technologies is way behind.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As chrome is very unstable on my computer, some days it won't open, I stay with IE and I don't like the other browsers, so I guess I can live without the atlas :)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have Firefox 49.0.1 on Win 8.1 Pro and have the same issue as FrejaSP. Chrome doesn't like my Dell system but I'll give Opera a shot. IE isn't even on the PC - I refuse to use it and removed it due to security issues.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have Firefox 49.0.1 on Win 8.1 Pro and have the same issue as FrejaSP. Chrome doesn't like my Dell system but I'll give Opera a shot. IE isn't even on the PC - I refuse to use it and removed it due to security issues.
All the major browsers in active development have sated they are going to update to the current standards, Firefox and Edge are a bit behind on this, I can tell you that the latest Opera it works, I tested it myself.