• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Treasure maps! Pinco, I just figured out why my L7 treasure maps were so hard to read compared to the L1-L6. That large map is terrific! Can you make the L7 map just as big?
use the scale mode :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loaded up Pinco UI today, patched up and gave it another test. Went to do the public Scalis and after about 5 minutes it just started up again.

mmm all that overhead text give me something to think about...

What happened to the changelog?
there isn't much to say since it's all small changes that in the end are useless :/

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
mmm all that overhead text give me something to think about...
I turned all that spell spam off on my characters. It only shows up in the journal. Which I'd also love to eliminate, btw...

All Names/Incoming Names causes lag.

Those explosion graphics cause the MOST lag. Anything that uses Nova blast, sheet lightning, or any big explosion/screen-wide effect just kills the FPS and sometimes the client. (Culprits: Corgul, Primeval Lich, Slasher, Crimson Dragons - and any EM mob that uses their powers) @Bleak

there isn't much to say since it's all small changes that in the end are useless :/
That's a bit depressing there, Pinco... :oops:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
use the scale mode :p
Yeah, I'm not having any luck with that. My journal says scale mode is toggled on, but I still can't scale.

I've been able to do what I need manually, for the most part. I changed this value:

<NumberVar name="CourseMapWindowSCALESC" value="2.000000" />

And all my treasure maps are nice and big. Doesn't affect L7 maps though.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have finally given up and gone back to default. On a trip and on my laptop and lag on Pinco's is unplayable, EC default no lag at all. Sure hated to do it, I dearly love all the little extra niceties on Pinco's and some of them are terrible hard to do without but with the game unplayable with them, no choice.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im there, too, unfortunately. I miss the item sorting the most.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Need a Pincos UI lite .
Item rarity listing
Item sorting

Item ID tool (hue etc) other than that, turn on fluff one by one and test if lag comes back.
My guess all the particle effects , items etc gets the UI "fluff" even when mouse isnt hovered over the item.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has to do with the number of mobiles and animations onscreen. Again, I can easily replicate the lag in specific places using fire fields.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has to do with the number of mobiles and animations onscreen. Again, I can easily replicate the lag in specific places using fire fields.
I am not sure if the number of the mobiles and animations do it or if it is some sort of information that is saved and it is like when it gets to a certain point it is almost like the cache is full and from then on it has to replace the info instead of add it which is naturally slower.
I say this because I can replicate the lag by just repeating what I have started doing, i.e. for instance do the Pest Control Quest and I can do it all on the area by the Britannia Camp and it seems to start after about 15 to 30 minutes even tho to start there was no lag but as I continue doing it, it just starts to lag without any increase in mobs on the screen.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And I can repeat it with my dress macros. Changing from me LRC suit to my luck suit and back the first time takes like 1/2 second. After I've done it 6 times or so, then it's up to 2 seconds, a noticeable lag.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the client, or Pinco's, is storing data about whats been on screen (items/mobs/effects/etc) and not releasing the memory. Its not just what's onscreen right now, but what's been onscreen cumulatively. That data quickly bloats and causes the client to lag as it struggles to parse current information.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Which makes sense; exiting and logging back in is noticeably faster.

Ever create a brand new character with Pinco's? It's screaming fast.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the big thing that my ui has and default doesn't is the new chat, so I'm going to try to remove it and we'll see if it's get better. Unfortunately we're also running out of time so we can only hope to find the solution for the end of the month or it will be over for good this time (there are no funds left to pay the next month expenses).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure if the number of the mobiles and animations do it or if it is some sort of information that is saved and it is like when it gets to a certain point it is almost like the cache is full and from then on it has to replace the info instead of add it which is naturally slower.
I say this because I can replicate the lag by just repeating what I have started doing, i.e. for instance do the Pest Control Quest and I can do it all on the area by the Britannia Camp and it seems to start after about 15 to 30 minutes even tho to start there was no lag but as I continue doing it, it just starts to lag without any increase in mobs on the screen.
before I start to chop down stuff, can you send me the variable file so I can check what's piling up? thanks

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
before I start to chop down stuff, can you send me the variable file so I can check what's piling up? thanks
Refresh my memory if I should know what a "variable file" is, cause I don't have a clue.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The lag is definitely chat window based.
The fuller it gets, the longer it takes for the UI to append a new line to it.
I got it several times while gathering seeds and resources tonight. Every time I clicked the clear journal button at user settings, the lag disappeared.
And it consistently happened after I started cleaning the 5th raised garden bed.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lag is definitely chat window based.
The fuller it gets, the longer it takes for the UI to append a new line to it.
I got it several times while gathering seeds and resources tonight. Every time I clicked the clear journal button at user settings, the lag disappeared.
And it consistently happened after I started cleaning the 5th raised garden bed.
right now it keeps on screen 500 lines and saves 1k, what if I set it to 50 and 100?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
right now it keeps on screen 500 lines and saves 1k, what if I set it to 50 and 100?
That might help, because the lag definitely disappears after the journal log is cleared.
Once the lag starts, gathering seeds and resources can take 3 to 6 seconds per, and once I clear, it goes right back to almost instantly.
It only happens after the log starts to get full too.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That might help, because the lag definitely disappears after the journal log is cleared.
Once the lag starts, gathering seeds and resources can take 3 to 6 seconds per, and once I clear, it goes right back to almost instantly.
It only happens after the log starts to get full too.
ok, the change has been made, let's see how it goes :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ok, the change has been made, let's see how it goes :)
My raised bed gardens are clean now, but I will figure out a way to quickly overload the chat log and test the change during the afternoon. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I've added a system to purge the chat keeping it in line with the new cap of messages, so if that was the cause, now it should be visibile and show no lag...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I'm not having any luck with that. My journal says scale mode is toggled on, but I still can't scale.

I've been able to do what I need manually, for the most part. I changed this value:

<NumberVar name="CourseMapWindowSCALESC" value="2.000000" />

And all my treasure maps are nice and big. Doesn't affect L7 maps though.
now that the lag seems to be subsided, I can focus on other issues... so I tried with the l7 treasures map from the TC and the scale mode seems to work fine, can you try and see if the one on TC can be scaled for you? thanks

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
now that the lag seems to be subsided, I can focus on other issues... so I tried with the l7 treasures map from the TC and the scale mode seems to work fine, can you try and see if the one on TC can be scaled for you? thanks
Yeah, I'm not convinced it's a Pinco's issue. I can't scale in the standard EC, either. I can manually copy the scaling into my character's profile, if I knew which gump was a L7 map.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I'm not convinced it's a Pinco's issue. I can't scale in the standard EC, either. I can manually copy the scaling into my character's profile, if I knew which gump was a L7 map.
the map is just 1 window, try on TC with the maps you find in bank and see if it works there... otherwise it could be some specific map different from the others...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco
Chat in a tab set to only display a general chat channel only displays a few lines, then they go away after a few mins. I'm guessing its due to the usual journal type text hitting the new caps on other tabs.

I'd suggest that there be a way to give priority to the text strings applicable to the active tab. So if I click my Gen Chat tab, text on the other tabs is what pays the price, but then gen chat tab remains readable.

Also, if you have it save the journal is ALL the text being saved, regardless of the caps?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco
Chat in a tab set to only display a general chat channel only displays a few lines, then they go away after a few mins. I'm guessing its due to the usual journal type text hitting the new caps on other tabs.

I'd suggest that there be a way to give priority to the text strings applicable to the active tab. So if I click my Gen Chat tab, text on the other tabs is what pays the price, but then gen chat tab remains readable.

Also, if you have it save the journal is ALL the text being saved, regardless of the caps?
the text saved is double of what you see, so 100 lines... storing more text means lag, the client can't hold it for now, when the devs will add a simple html support to the text object (or just the log object), things can be seriously improved... for now I can only add the cap in the options so you can customize it and hope for the best :D

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Cleaning my raised bed gardens tonight and yep... lag is completely gone. Yay!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco now that the lag issue has been resolved (at least I haven't noticed any in the last few days), you may have made a change to when mobile bars get updated, since before the lag issues they were updated immediately and now it takes a while for the mobile bars to update (sometimes not at all). This has always been an issue in normal EC and yours always updated quickly. I checked my option settings and the delay is still set to 0 but that didn't fix it. I know you made several changes while trying to fix the lag issue and one of them had an effect on the mobile bars. Thanks

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's certainly working a LOT better, I have done several different hunts now without a noticeable lag but with some jerkiness that I didn't have in the default EC.

However, opening my bankbox now takes forever, well 7 to 12 seconds, not a problem, but Lord help me if I forget to set Scavenge All and try to do it in battle, it freezes the comp for the same 7 to 12 seconds when you hit apply and another 7 to 12 seconds for save.

But I dearly love being back to using only double click on runebooks and the scavenge all and colors for icons in hotbars and all the other little niceties too numerous to mention that you give us Pinco - Thank you for that!!!!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the text saved is double of what you see, so 100 lines... storing more text means lag, the client can't hold it for now, when the devs will add a simple html support to the text object (or just the log object), things can be seriously improved... for now I can only add the cap in the options so you can customize it and hope for the best :D
Does @Bleak know about this needed change?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco now that the lag issue has been resolved (at least I haven't noticed any in the last few days), you may have made a change to when mobile bars get updated, since before the lag issues they were updated immediately and now it takes a while for the mobile bars to update (sometimes not at all). This has always been an issue in normal EC and yours always updated quickly. I checked my option settings and the delay is still set to 0 but that didn't fix it. I know you made several changes while trying to fix the lag issue and one of them had an effect on the mobile bars. Thanks
ok, the last patch should use again the update limit you have set and refresh the bars more often :)

It's certainly working a LOT better, I have done several different hunts now without a noticeable lag but with some jerkiness that I didn't have in the default EC.

However, opening my bankbox now takes forever, well 7 to 12 seconds, not a problem, but Lord help me if I forget to set Scavenge All and try to do it in battle, it freezes the comp for the same 7 to 12 seconds when you hit apply and another 7 to 12 seconds for save.

But I dearly love being back to using only double click on runebooks and the scavenge all and colors for icons in hotbars and all the other little niceties too numerous to mention that you give us Pinco - Thank you for that!!!!
this means that you still have a LOT of data inside the "savedvariables" file, it could be improved if we can find out what's filling it, but I have to see a big fat one in order to understand the cause...

Does @Bleak know about this needed change?
he should, we talked about that when we worked on the default UI, but it's one of those things not really important that gets piled up and there is never enough time to do it... you know how those things goes... :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

What kind of help do you need with Pub 95 in regards to updating the UI?

Almost all the new items can be acquired on TC1 at the center of New Haven from gaudily colored tall tombstones.

The UI doesn't seem to count the Master Chef's Apron when calculating success/exceptional chance. This full apron is item 5437 and uses the sash slot.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

Almost all the new items can be acquired on TC1 at the center of New Haven from gaudily colored tall tombstones.

The UI doesn't seem to count the Master Chef's Apron when calculating success/exceptional chance. This full apron is item 5437 and uses the sash slot.
if the new stuff uses materials already in game it should not be a problem, I'll let you know if there is weird stuff to find, thanks :D
I'll check the full apron problem too, but it could be related to the missing new items..

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello Pinco, I hope all is well with you. I am letting you know about a problem with the city Loyalty Gump in the Pinco's UI It doesn't show your loyalty rating and doesn't allow you to change your citizenship. If you could look into this It would be greatly appreciated.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Pinco, I hope all is well with you. I am letting you know about a problem with the city Loyalty Gump in the Pinco's UI It doesn't show your loyalty rating and doesn't allow you to change your citizenship. If you could look into this It would be greatly appreciated.
is not a bug, is all inside the character sheet.

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
is not a bug, is all inside the character sheet.
Yeah I know but it doesn't show your loyalty or allow you to change cities My week waiting period is over and I was waiting till the elections to choose a city I took a Screen shot of it but the forums don't let me upload BMP files and I don't have a pic sharing acct to have a link shared I will get that set up today so I can show you if you need.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I know but it doesn't show your loyalty or allow you to change cities My week waiting period is over and I was waiting till the elections to choose a city I took a Screen shot of it but the forums don't let me upload BMP files and I don't have a pic sharing acct to have a link shared I will get that set up today so I can show you if you need.
ok, I've found out the problem, they added a button in there and it messed up all the sequence in the character sheet, anyway it will be fixed on the next patch :p

@Pinco

I've checked the crafting menu and I don't see anything new, all the new stuff is the new bod rewards so the crafting gump should be fine for now.

About the apron I've searched the tailoring menu, and I realized that you probably are speaking about some special item... Since the UI parse every equipped items for crafting skill bonus I think that item uses some special properties (different from the talismans) so without actually see one I can't fix the issue. Perhaps you can put it in a vendor or lock it down somewhere on tc, just let me know the coordinates and I'll check it out :D

About the new bod system, that will require some HUGE data collection in order to show the rewards on the tooltips and all so for now I will just let it be as it is until there is enough data around to update the tooltips...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've checked the crafting menu and I don't see anything new, all the new stuff is the new bod rewards so the crafting gump should be fine for now.

About the apron I've searched the tailoring menu, and I realized that you probably are speaking about some special item... Since the UI parse every equipped items for crafting skill bonus I think that item uses some special properties (different from the talismans) so without actually see one I can't fix the issue. Perhaps you can put it in a vendor or lock it down somewhere on tc, just let me know the coordinates and I'll check it out :D

About the new bod system, that will require some HUGE data collection in order to show the rewards on the tooltips and all so for now I will just let it be as it is until there is enough data around to update the tooltips...
Nothing new in the crafting menu, but there is the two new power tools, the fermentation vat, POF kegs, etc. Not that the UI need to do anything with most of them.

There is a new item, the plum: ID: 40582 It only works with the fermentation vat at the moment.

I locked down the Master Chef's Apron at my TC1 house. It's in the clearing just NW of the Britain moongate. Coordinates are 30o 29'S 0o 59' W (1309, 1971, 7)

The BODs show how many points they're worth when opened. There is really no point in showing the rewards on the tooltip as there is no randomness anymore, and the user can select anything at that point level and below. Though if you REALLY want to incorporate more data, the system has been demystified already here: Bulk Orders – Ultima Online (though the cooking reward list is already outdated, as is the alchemy list to a lesser extent)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing new in the crafting menu, but there is the two new power tools, the fermentation vat, POF kegs, etc. Not that the UI need to do anything with most of them.

There is a new item, the plum: ID: 40582 It only works with the fermentation vat at the moment.

I locked down the Master Chef's Apron at my TC1 house. It's in the clearing just NW of the Britain moongate. Coordinates are 30o 29'S 0o 59' W (1309, 1971, 7)

The BODs show how many points they're worth when opened. There is really no point in showing the rewards on the tooltip as there is no randomness anymore, and the user can select anything at that point level and below. Though if you REALLY want to incorporate more data, the system has been demystified already here: Bulk Orders – Ultima Online (though the cooking reward list is already outdated, as is the alchemy list to a lesser extent)
I've checked the apron, it is still a mistery why it's not working since the properties data are the same of the talismans, perhaps is the usual problem where some data is lost somehow (same thing that happens on materials count)

For the rest I think I'll leave it as it is and we'll see if it will require any change, since it's all new maybe some ideas (or bug) may show up :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

The ingredients for Dr. Spector's Lenses are incorrect in the UI. Its showing ingredients for the Kotl Rod, even though the text says it wants a Hat of the Magi (it shows a Staff of the Magi). It also shows the lenses as a necklace, but they are glasses. It tried making a pair last night and the UI didn't recognize I was holding the Hat.

I've also been running into the situation where it doesn't recognize tinker's tools as being in my pack, while the default UI does. This happened for both NPC-purchased tools and crafted tools.

Did you enable the alchemy and cooking vet reward power tools as useable in the UI? There doesn't seem to be a setting for them...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

The ingredients for Dr. Spector's Lenses are incorrect in the UI. Its showing ingredients for the Kotl Rod, even though the text says it wants a Hat of the Magi (it shows a Staff of the Magi). It also shows the lenses as a necklace, but they are glasses. It tried making a pair last night and the UI didn't recognize I was holding the Hat.

I've also been running into the situation where it doesn't recognize tinker's tools as being in my pack, while the default UI does. This happened for both NPC-purchased tools and crafted tools.

Did you enable the alchemy and cooking vet reward power tools as useable in the UI? There doesn't seem to be a setting for them...
My Tailor machine didn't work either, made the sound like it was making something but no materials used and no item made.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

I found the problem with the glasses, should work now :)

The tinker's tools unless they changed the ID they should work, but try to give me the ID so I will check... You can't compare the crafting menu of my UI with default because the default one is generated server side and is the same of cc, so it doesn't need to recognize anything client side because as soon as you use a tool the server will pop the gump.

The power tools are not available yet, because (long story short) I have to re-activate the account once every 3 months (to reduce the costs) and balance the rest with trial accounts in between... it's just a manner of a week or so before I'll do that so it won't be long :p
Usually this rotation doesn't cause any trouble with the updates, but unfortunately all this new stuff bod related doesn't work on trial :/

My Tailor machine didn't work either, made the sound like it was making something but no materials used and no item made.
if you hear the noise it means it's doing something, but something went wrong... Check the materials, perhaps there is some mistake in the crafting menu (you can disable the advanced crafting to check it out on the default gump).

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I found the problem with the glasses, should work now :)

The tinker's tools unless they changed the ID they should work, but try to give me the ID so I will check... You can't compare the crafting menu of my UI with default because the default one is generated server side and is the same of cc, so it doesn't need to recognize anything client side because as soon as you use a tool the server will pop the gump.

The power tools are not available yet, because (long story short) I have to re-activate the account once every 3 months (to reduce the costs) and balance the rest with trial accounts in between... it's just a manner of a week or so before I'll do that so it won't be long :p
Usually this rotation doesn't cause any trouble with the updates, but unfortunately all this new stuff bod related doesn't work on trial :/
The IDs of the tools I tried were: 7865 and 7868.

It randomly started recognizing the tool today, then when the tool ran out of charges, the UI wouldn't recognize the second tool in my pack no matter what I did. So I think "wearing out your tool" has something to do with setting off this bug.