• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chivalry in Fel

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not everything is about you, when did Paithan or anyone else complain about not being able to kill PvMers? I think you're giving yourself too much credit.
When you get stuck in traffic do you sit and wonder why all the cars stopped moving just to keep YOU from getting to work on time?
You also seem to think Chiv is purely a PvM skill, what's that about? It's probably the most popular PvP skill in the game right now thanks to holy fist and legendary arti armor and jewelry. You're looting all them monsters you kill, right? You've seen some of the ridiculous jewels out there.

I wouldn't say it's the most popular PVP skill in game, perhaps on Atlantic maybe.

I don't really see many people use chiv since holy fist was nerfed down but then again I havent PVPed much lately either.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To play devils advocate, I doubt you'd mow through anyone on a template using chiv. Hard to kill, yes. Kill them? Probably not.
Depends on their skill level, since it's obvious that Frodo doesn't pvp at all. If they have pvp experience, hell no. If it's a group of Trammies? Duh...but to be fair, you can do that on any template. I've done it with ease on a mage (it was a despise 3v1, and it was only possible because they never used Curse on me), so I'm sure you can imagine how much faster a 4/6 Fisting Dexer would do it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Depends on their skill level, since it's obvious that Frodo doesn't pvp at all. If they have pvp experience, hell no. If it's a group of Trammies? Duh...but to be fair, you can do that on any template. I've done it with ease on a mage (it was a despise 3v1, and it was only possible because they never used Curse on me), so I'm sure you can imagine how much faster a 4/6 Fisting Dexer would do it.
Sure, but using that logic I'm not sure you could turn around and say it's too overpowered if you can do that on any template.

They'd be nerfing a lot of templates then. :sword:

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To play devils advocate, I doubt you'd mow through anyone on a template using chiv. Hard to kill, yes. Kill them? Probably not.
Chiv by itself? No it wouldn't kill you. But since it is easy to be paired with any other skill set because it has no skill tied to it- then that gives the template firepower. But again besides the point.

A 4/6 *instant* remove curse should not be able to nerf the whole template of necromancy.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I will make a new thread with just remove curse because that is the worst offender and everyone is diverging from that in this thread. Chiv as a whole needs to either be slowed down or be less powerful, either way.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you don't get what you want from this thread and you think that opening a new thread is gonna change anything. You got beaten by a 13 year old skill and you want the DEVs to cater to you, now that is funny.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chiv is a spellbook that gives a wealth of pure awesome with 120 skill points. I don'¨t wanna touch the topic with all too short a stick, but would like to point out that this undeniably IS extremely affordable in comparison to Necro or Mysticism. I suppose each of the three listed are prolly supposed to fill the role of an equal complementary utility skill. Yet, only one of these gets by all by itself. Considering the amount of excellent chiv. spells, this just doesn't seem fair.
Outcry of PvM people when somebody asks a PvP nerf for Chiv is something that speaks much of it's versatility.

Last edited: