• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lumberjacking: Not that great..

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Swapped out Necro for GM Lumberjacking the other day to test it (on my sampire).
The damage increase seemed to only be 5-10 damage per hit. So, is this useless in PvM or what?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
No - LJ is not useless in PVM. You don't give us much (pronounced: any) info, so it is entirely possible that 5-10 might be about right, depending on what you were doing.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
GM LJ gives you 30% Damage Increase and (I don't know) probably 20 chance to 100% DI. It's about 44% DI at average.
With max DI/STR/Tactics/Anatomy you have almost 300% DI total. That means you do about 4x of base weapon damage. So LJ adds about 11% to your final damage.
GM Anatomy gives you 55% Di.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Swapped out Necro for GM Lumberjacking the other day to test it (on my sampire).
The damage increase seemed to only be 5-10 damage per hit. So, is this useless in PvM or what?
I'm no expert but given what I did this morning, swapping out resist for animal lore (see turtle thread), at a guess I reckon I could knock a minute or maybe 2 off the encounter if I swapped in lumber instead.

May not be ideal in all situations but I would not discount it.

Edit: I always swap in Lumber for Parockyseesmush, every little helps!

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
If you have 100 Parrying and 100 Resisting Spells you can (sometimes) switch one of them (depending on a situation) to LJ. It's a good option for a 120 Sword + 100 Tactics/Anatomy/Chivalry/Bushido/Parrying/ResistingSpells template (well it may have 120 Tactics/120 Bushido and 60+30 Chivalry)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lumberjacking - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

According to UO Guide with GM lumberjack you have a 10% chance to get 100% base damage of the weapon.

Example:
Axe has a base damage of 14 to 17.
So you would have a 10% chance to do 14 to 17 damage before resistance is added in.

If the damage is say physical and the target has 70 physical resist damage is reduced to 4 or 5 points of extra damage.

It no longer gives the 30% bonus damage.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The page you link to at the top disagrees with your own post. Here is a quote from the UO Guide page:
"Lumberjacks receive a Damage Increase when they wield certain weapons. The formula is Lumberjack skill ÷ 5 (plus 10% if Lumberjacking is equal to or greater than 100). At GM Lumberjacking, there is a 10% chance for a Lumberjacking damage bonus of 100% from base weapon damage."

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay UO Guide is a little weird with how it's worded

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tested a pure lumber jack axer multiple ways..it's not worth the 100 skill points. The difference in damage at best times was 8-10 damage..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it should be 30% DI with 10% chance for 100% weapon base damage per swing with GM lumberjack. Long as it's an appropriate weapon.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
As to me LJ is only good when you have 100 Parrying and replace it with 100 LJ from Soulstone for some locations.