• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
good, thanks, now only the craftable items id and color is missing :D
The lenses are just elven glasses, 12216 no hue info.

Rod is 3721 hue 1902.

The rebuilt automaton head is the same Id as the broken one, hue would be dependent on the ore used.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lenses are just elven glasses, 12216 no hue info.

Rod is 3721 hue 1902.

The rebuilt automaton head is the same Id as the broken one, hue would be dependent on the ore used.
do you have the sculptures and the gargish black rod id too by chance? :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The sculptures come out as deeds, don't have their recipes yet though. I'll see if the clickie is still on TC1.

The gargish rod should be the same ID as the gargish gnarled staff, right?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The sculptures come out as deeds, don't have their recipes yet though. I'll see if the clickie is still on TC1.

The gargish rod should be the same ID as the gargish gnarled staff, right?
I'll try to check it out, about the staff my only doubt is that it could have some hue... but let's stick with the basic gnarled staff for now :p

So you have given up on the lag problem Pinco?
for now I have no clues to work with and neither I can replicate the problem so until we find some ideas, I can't do much about it... besides that the funds are almost over and I'm scratching the bottom at the point that in 1, 2 months top there will be nothing left to keep the lights on. I stretched all I could, but it's clear that there is no more interest around the UI at this point, I was able to keep the project active just thanks to some last minute donations that saved the day, but I don't know for how long this project can live on prayers... so I hope we can get some ideas to fix the lag before I'll be forced to pull the plug.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still experience intense lag around field spells, and I know it is NOT my PC.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the lag issue has hit I've been using default EC for months now. It's such a shame as I really liked Pincos but the lag / performance drop just made it unplayable for me and some guild mates.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll try to check it out, about the staff my only doubt is that it could have some hue... but let's stick with the basic gnarled staff for now :p

for now I have no clues to work with and neither I can replicate the problem so until we find some ideas, I can't do much about it... besides that the funds are almost over and I'm scratching the bottom at the point that in 1, 2 months top there will be nothing left to keep the lights on. I stretched all I could, but it's clear that there is no more interest around the UI at this point, I was able to keep the project active just thanks to some last minute donations that saved the day, but I don't know for how long this project can live on prayers... so I hope we can get some ideas to fix the lag before I'll be forced to pull the plug.
I have been trying changing everything I can find and I have had no luck on finding anything that might be a clue what perhaps would be the culprit but it is a funny deal. I will be running along with no lag and all of a sudden about 30 to 50 minutes into the session it just bogs down immediately. And this is fighting the same stuff I had been fighting all the time, I leave or run out of the area with the mobs and i run fine. Could it possibly be some spell the mobs cast or some difference in some spell that the devs made that we didn't know about? It's not all on Eodon mobs, it did it last week when we did Travesty although not as severe.

I'm sorry to see you at the end of your rope, I will try and send another donation but right now funds are limited for me also.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
When the lags hits for me, it stays. It's better in low-traffic areas, but if I exit and return, all is much better. I've had to unload Pinco's during big battles. I can solo treasure maps, 2 or 3, before the lag is too bad. At an EM event or the KOTL dungeon, the lag is instant.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I'm interested in why you think this lag thing is particular to just a few of us. I have talked to many people in game and I read this forum and I don't see anyone that says "I have no lag problem with Pinco's". Most all the comments are "I've quit using Pinco's and gone back to the default". There's gotta be a simple or at least solvable solution doesn't there? I do not see why you say you cannot duplicate it... we all seem to have the same symptoms.

As I've said before I love your UI and many many of us do also and want to be able to use and enjoy it so please try and fix it. If it's a money thing, start charging for it. I paid for UO Assist, I'd gladly pay for yours although I've already contributed more to you than I paid to UOA.

Frustrated,
Parnoc

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I'm interested in why you think this lag thing is particular to just a few of us. I have talked to many people in game and I read this forum and I don't see anyone that says "I have no lag problem with Pinco's". Most all the comments are "I've quit using Pinco's and gone back to the default". There's gotta be a simple or at least solvable solution doesn't there? I do not see why you say you cannot duplicate it... we all seem to have the same symptoms.

As I've said before I love your UI and many many of us do also and want to be able to use and enjoy it so please try and fix it. If it's a money thing, start charging for it. I paid for UO Assist, I'd gladly pay for yours although I've already contributed more to you than I paid to UOA.

Frustrated,
Parnoc
The problem is that there are no clue on the cause, 1 day it works the next day it doesn't and the only thing that is changed is inside that publish. Bleak said nothing is changed, we have excluded all the main parts of the UI, I keep making small changes hoping to reveal the cause, but I don't have any tool to debug efficently the UI. In a normal program like UOA you have a debugger that helps you detect what's happening and find out if something is looping or consuming too much memory, in this case there is nothing like that, I'm basically trying to guess what it could be...
The next guess is about the paperdolls, but first I need to find out the ids of the new sculptures so I can release the patch :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

The sculptures come out as deeds, all of them have an ID of 5359.

Could you add a favorites list or something to the vendor search window so we can store frequently searched for items? Can you also make the "didn't find anything" message more prominent?

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I had legacy paperdoll enabled so I changed it back to EC and closed it. Went to Ilshenar Humility and Reptiles were up, first level Lizardmen and Snakes and didn't even get to the end of that level before lag was bad and then it went to next level and I couldn't even move. How else can I test the paperdoll thing?

Update:
Logged out back in, didn't even get 10 minutes in with Lava Lizards and Ophidian Warriors and lag was so bad I had to leave. This was actually much worse than I've ever had before and much quicker to set in.

Update II:
Went to Britannian camp to do the quest for the pest control with Myrmidex Drones, Larvae and Warriors. Still with paperdoll in EC mode and this time in view showing - no other changes. Killed 10 of the Warriors along with several of the Drones, Larvae, Scorpions, and Black Widows. Had no noticable lag all the way thru that, about 12 minutes. Went to get the rest of the quest monsters, the Larvae and Drones at turtle spawn, finished those off in probably 5 minutes and had very little if any lag.

Update III:
Went to new dungeon, killed a few lava lizards and fire eles and went in to spawn area and killed about 20 Automatons. Usually after about 12 I begin to get lag but this time seemed like lag didn't set in, at least any noticeable amount. My settings same as above, no change on paperdoll or any other settings. Was hoping someone would have the Myrmidex/Lizardman spawn popped so I could try but no one in dungeon. I usually lag in that about half an hour into it and have to log out to do more, sometimes have to log out twice, depending on who else is fighting the spawn, some players affect casting spells or whatever they are doing cause more bad lag and my guildmate's lag severely and they are in CC.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What sort of things do you write to a cache while playing, vs reloading or flushing before/after logging in? Since the lag disappears when exiting and restarting, perhaps the clue lays in that direction?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What sort of things do you write to a cache while playing, vs reloading or flushing before/after logging in? Since the lag disappears when exiting and restarting, perhaps the clue lays in that direction?
Not a computer/gaming expert, have no idea what you are talking about... or maybe you're talking to Pinco I hope.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, talking to Pinco's. It's been decades since I programmed, and I don't know anything about the tools Pinco is using, but just trying to prod some ideas. Since the lag gets worse the more monsters (and houses, and I've recently notice when I dress/undress frequently) that maybe there were some clues in the pattern.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

The sculptures come out as deeds, all of them have an ID of 5359.

Could you add a favorites list or something to the vendor search window so we can store frequently searched for items? Can you also make the "didn't find anything" message more prominent?
it's the id when placed not the deed that I'm looking for :D

maybe in the future I could look at those features, but at the moment I'd rather not adding more data to save...

the cache contains the data from server and the release is handled by the client, but the problem is not there because there is no change in the memory consumption. By the way it happens looks more like something looping...

going on another guess: do you have the fps setting higher than default?

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Since pinco has trouble reproducing the issue: maybe the server being played on matters? Eu vs Us?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's the id when placed not the deed that I'm looking for :D
Most of the statues are multiple pieces...And come in multiple directions (selectable via the deed) which ID#'s do you want?

Bronze globe #'s are from 40175 to 40196, both facings are in that range.

Bronze archer 40239 (south) and 40239 (east)

Bronze fairy 40201 (south) and 40202 (east)

Man on bench 40197 & 40198 (south) and 40199 & 40200 (east)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could the lag be caused by or associated with the damage log? I have my damage to not show until it reaches 1000 points but it is called "damage log". Does that mean it records it and is it possible that log could be full or something when you get a lot of monsters around?

I don't see a place to shut that off completely, is there one?

FYI I don't have my setting to "save journal to file" checked but I dunno if that means the damage too.

My framerate is set to 60FPS
Resolution is set to 1920X1080
System disk cache is set to 1024

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the statues are multiple pieces...And come in multiple directions (selectable via the deed) which ID#'s do you want?

Bronze globe #'s are from 40175 to 40196, both facings are in that range.

Bronze archer 40239 (south) and 40239 (east)

Bronze fairy 40201 (south) and 40202 (east)

Man on bench 40197 & 40198 (south) and 40199 & 40200 (east)
this ones are perfect, thanks :)

Could the lag be caused by or associated with the damage log? I have my damage to not show until it reaches 1000 points but it is called "damage log". Does that mean it records it and is it possible that log could be full or something when you get a lot of monsters around?

I don't see a place to shut that off completely, is there one?

FYI I don't have my setting to "save journal to file" checked but I dunno if that means the damage too.

My framerate is set to 60FPS
Resolution is set to 1920X1080
System disk cache is set to 1024
we've already excluded that, but we can always double check... if the lag starts when the damage start to log, but I have some doubts about that because it has never lagged before the damn publish....

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this ones are perfect, thanks :)

we've already excluded that, but we can always double check... if the lag starts when the damage start to log, but I have some doubts about that because it has never lagged before the damn publish....
Yes I agree, I turned this off and many other things testing before and it didn't do any good and yeah it certainly happened with the publish, something they changed we/you don't know about for sure.

Just let me know if there are other possible settings that I can test. I have tested so much I know the almost exact time it will kick in on the same things I test it on so any changes that help or hurt would show up.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I agree, I turned this off and many other things testing before and it didn't do any good and yeah it certainly happened with the publish, something they changed we/you don't know about for sure.

Just let me know if there are other possible settings that I can test. I have tested so much I know the almost exact time it will kick in on the same things I test it on so any changes that help or hurt would show up.
you can try also by removing the stats/items from the hotbars (backup your profile first), and see if it's better... perhaps even disabling the spell skill/range check could cause the problem if something is not working properly...

When it starts to lag try to type:
Code:
/script Interface.CountWinData()
in the chat (with the debug window open) so we'll see if there is stuff stacking up where it shouldn't. Names and status should be about the same number of healthbars/mobiles around you with the name over their head, paperdolls should be about the same number of players/npcs with paperdoll around you, items and properties should be about the number of items in your backpack + equipped items, containers should be the number of open containers (including corpses).

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I couldn't figure out where the debug log was, so I'm retyping...

Registered names: 36
Registered items: 755
Registered Properties: 44
Registered Containers: 143
Registered Paperdolls: 35
Registered status: 45

I've left the dungeon and standing in front of my house which is largely empty of people. The registered items appears to be the culprit, though all the numbers seem high based on your description. Existing and restarting the client in the exact same spot yields:

Registered names: 5
Registered items: 53
Registered Properties: 43
Registered Containers: 14
Registered Paperdolls: 1
Registered status: 4

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't figure out where the debug log was, so I'm retyping...

Registered names: 36
Registered items: 755
Registered Properties: 44
Registered Containers: 143
Registered Paperdolls: 35
Registered status: 45

I've left the dungeon and standing in front of my house which is largely empty of people. The registered items appears to be the culprit, though all the numbers seem high based on your description. Existing and restarting the client in the exact same spot yields:

Registered names: 5
Registered Properties: 43
Registered status: 4
it seems we're getting somewhere from here. that numbers are probably the cause of the lag, now I can do some tests to see if the UI release the data correctly or if there is some other problem behind this...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, I've done some changes here and there, let's see if it's going better or worst :p

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The anti afk mode seems to have changed... It used to get rid of the automated middle box warning for you... Now you'll still get kicked out if you afk long enough... @Pinco is it possible to bring that back?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, I've done some changes here and there, let's see if it's going better or worst :p
Sorry to say it is just as bad as ever, I went to the Myrmidon/Britannian pit and I tried to snatch the stuff from the debug window but tried several times and before i could get to safe place that info had disappeared. I looked for the log that it said it is writing to, but cannot find it.

Also, now and I think this is new but not sure, the lag seems to be more persistent. After lagging in the pit I ran around gathering River Moss and Lava Berries without logging out and I was lagging badly just doing that. I do not think that was happening before but it could have been, usually when the lag sets in down in the pit it is so bad I get out and relog.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
5 minutes in dungeon and the lag started.

Registered names: 6
Registered items: 55
Registered Properties: 0
Registered status: 3

existing and logging back in,

Registered names: 4

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The anti afk mode seems to have changed... It used to get rid of the automated middle box warning for you... Now you'll still get kicked out if you afk long enough... @Pinco is it possible to bring that back?
they must have changed it server side, I can't do anything about it....

5 minutes in dungeon and the lag started.

Registered names: 6
Registered items: 55

existing and logging back in,

Registered names: 4
Well, the data is clean now, but it seems that wasn't the problem, and we can also exclude the paperdoll. What's left are the hotbars...

You can test by creating a backup of your profile and remove all that is not an action or a spell from the hotbars and see what happens...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they must have changed it server side, I can't do anything about it....
No, it's NOT the AFK mode action he(?)'s talking about. The UI did something to keep the timer refreshed all on its own as of about 2 years ago. This change is clearly due to your last publish. I'm guessing it was something looping or refreshing behind the scenes that was causing this as a (much-liked) side effect.

I just tested the AFK mode action and it worked as expected...though I find the ZzzZzz's annoying.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it's NOT the AFK mode action he(?)'s talking about. The UI did something to keep the timer refreshed all on its own as of about 2 years ago. This change is clearly due to your last publish. I'm guessing it was something looping or refreshing behind the scenes that was causing this as a (much-liked) side effect.

I just tested the AFK mode action and it worked as expected...though I find the ZzzZzz's annoying.
that was unhealthy, it used to open the loyalty rating continuously but it cause lag... but you know what doesn't nowdays :/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+1

This would be so useful.
I can't add any more features until I'm sure the lag is fixed... the problem is since the last patch only the hotbars are left to check, after that I'm totally out of ideas...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't add any more features until I'm sure the lag is fixed... the problem is since the last patch only the hotbars are left to check, after that I'm totally out of ideas...
Well sorry to report this, but I saved my profile, went back in on existing profile, deleted ALL hotbars except the one main one that you can't delete, unchecked ALL mobiles, went to usual places doing quest for Mrymidex Queen killing Warrior Myrms in the area by the Britannian Camp none or no noticeable lag, then went to dragon turtle spawn, went to middle of it, killed those with no lag or none noticeable. Went down to Pit to check then, started with Drones, killed all with no lag, second level a little lag started and progressively got bad, by the end of that 2nd level, was practically impossible to stay but managed to do so and got the 3rd level with Shamans and lag absolutely stopped me in my tracks.

Conclusion, deleting all hotbars, deleting all mobiles (none checked), paperdoll not visible, map not visible, only life bar, buff bars, backpack open and chat log active. NO difference whatsoever.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I will try to run a lua profiler in the next few days to try to gather more information on this.
I have noticed that during the lag bouts, there is no increased CPU or Memory usage, so the culprit is most likely a function in the main loop that is taking too darn long to return.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will try to run a lua profiler in the next few days to try to gather more information on this.
I have noticed that during the lag bouts, there is no increased CPU or Memory usage, so the culprit is most likely a function in the main loop that is taking too darn long to return.
Righto, same for me, it's very predictable or at least it seems and I have not had any rise in either the CPU or GPU usage either. I can go to the pit to fight Myrmidex, 1st level is just fine, 2nd level begins to lag a bit at first then just gets incrementally worse and as soon as 3rd level with shamans hits, it's deadly.

Or......... I can play for approximately 30 minutes with normal Ilsh spawn or thunting or using tamer or mystic and it appears like out of nowhere.

On the Shadowguard roof on my tamer it seems to be about the 2nd boss we get, no matter which one it is and it hits but it seems there that it never goes beyond the very slow lag part, not to the impossible to play part. I can finish the roof, with some difficulty but I don't seem to get the horrible one step lag.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do notice one other thing, when I use User Settings, any of them, and hit apply it takes at least 4 times longer for it to finish compared to the default EC, and then when you click Okay it takes an equal amount of time. I cannot do any changes in dangerous areas because I would be dead in the time it takes for those 2 actions to finish.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Righto, same for me, it's very predictable or at least it seems and I have not had any rise in either the CPU or GPU usage either. I can go to the pit to fight Myrmidex, 1st level is just fine, 2nd level begins to lag a bit at first then just gets incrementally worse and as soon as 3rd level with shamans hits, it's deadly.

Or......... I can play for approximately 30 minutes with normal Ilsh spawn or thunting or using tamer or mystic and it appears like out of nowhere.

On the Shadowguard roof on my tamer it seems to be about the 2nd boss we get, no matter which one it is and it hits but it seems there that it never goes beyond the very slow lag part, not to the impossible to play part. I can finish the roof, with some difficulty but I don't seem to get the horrible one step lag.
Indeed.
I only use Pinco's to gather seeds and resources from my raised garden beds and I was getting lag around 10 or so minutes in while doing so, with barely any mobiles around, so I want to check the call stack on the Lua script to figure out what is going on here.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do notice one other thing, when I use User Settings, any of them, and hit apply it takes at least 4 times longer for it to finish compared to the default EC, and then when you click Okay it takes an equal amount of time.
It has always been like that for me. Even before all the current issues. I'd hit apply and it would take ages to finish applying the settings.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed.
I only use Pinco's to gather seeds and resources from my raised garden beds and I was getting lag around 10 or so minutes in while doing so, with barely any mobiles around, so I want to check the call stack on the Lua script to figure out what is going on here.
I use Pinco for planting and harvesting and cross pollinating also, but I have never experienced lag doing that. But of course with a different character. And my planthouse is in the middle of a monster infested swamp so it's not unusual to have 7 to 10 lizardmen, alligators, Plague Beasts, Plague Beast Lords and Bogthings lining up around the house to get a chance at my poor defenseless greenhouse worker.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has always been like that for me. Even before all the current issues. I'd hit apply and it would take ages to finish applying the settings.
Yes, for me too, been like that forever but not sure anyone has called that to Pinco's attention so I figured I might as well air it and since he doesn't know what is causing this lag, perhaps with all these tests and clues, one will turn out to be the culprit or lead him to the problem.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, for me too, been like that forever but not sure anyone has called that to Pinco's attention so I figured I might as well air it and since he doesn't know what is causing this lag, perhaps with all these tests and clues, one will turn out to be the culprit or lead him to the problem.
the settings takes long because there is a HUGE amount of data to save, and it saves everything everytime you hit apply/ok, so it's not related...
if it's not the hotbars, it must be something really sneaky that piles up every time you encounter a mobile :/
about that I've done a little change, maybe it's the cause, maybe not, but let's try anyway :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the settings takes long because there is a HUGE amount of data to save, and it saves everything everytime you hit apply/ok, so it's not related...
if it's not the hotbars, it must be something really sneaky that piles up every time you encounter a mobile :/
about that I've done a little change, maybe it's the cause, maybe not, but let's try anyway :D
Nope, sorry, no difference and yes, totally agree, it's something sneaky that piles up.

This time I went into the pit and it was level 3 with shamans and Myrm warriors and Barrab warriors and I didn't start to lag until I had been there about 15 to 20 minutes.

But then the lag was persistent, went out to kill the Myrms by Britannia camp and lag there, then went to dragon turtle spawn to finish up the myrms for the quest and it was lag city there too.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Treasure maps! Pinco, I just figured out why my L7 treasure maps were so hard to read compared to the L1-L6. That large map is terrific! Can you make the L7 map just as big?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loaded up Pinco UI today, patched up and gave it another test. Went to do the public Scalis and after about 5 minutes it just started up again.