• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Cheer up, Legends. This is not goodbye. It's just I won't ever see you again.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So, considering the stuff that happened recently with the Brazil Origin store, I decided to speak to Broadsword with my wallet, so I am closing my 5 accounts for a month or two.

A price increase was expected thanks to the BRL to USD exchange rate being unfavourable, but it has been a few months since it stopped being 4 BRL to 1 USD, and the exchange is heading to end the year at 3 to 1, so using a 4 to 1 conversion for the sovereigns felt like a slap in our face.
Sum to it that Stygian Abyss is still nowhere to be seen, and now High Seas went amiss, I just couldn't take it and do nothing.
So, so long and thanks for all the fish Legends.

I will see you all again in July or August.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
at least you aren't quitting =) just protesting. see ya in a month or two

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Admit it, you are just taking off to be the Brazilian Olympic team. The whole team. :)
Last time I set foot in Rio, back in 2008, I saw a man being shot a point blank while on a cab, on the way for the Airport to my hotel in Copacabana.
So definitely not, because there is no way I will ever set foot in Rio again! D:
That place is scary as heck.

PS. If any of you is planning to come to the Olympics, don't. Rio is a war zone. And we have zika virus too.

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can always start up your own brewing buisness:stir: to sell for the extra $$$, but you gotta remember not to drink all the rum! :pint: :beer:
Hope to see you soon.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can always start up your own brewing buisness:stir: to sell for the extra $$$, but you gotta remember not to drink all the rum! :pint: :beer:
Hope to see you soon.
I learnt to brew my own rum so that the rum wouldn't be always gone!
Now it is only mostly always gone. :p

And the third batch tastes almost decent!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand the frustration. You will be missed until you return.

Saude! :pint:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sounds more like your taking the summer off than a petition... but I see your frustration on the pricing. Enjoy your summer and come back refreshed :thumbup:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
But... but... Summer is months away.
Winter is actually coming, not summer!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I ever manage to get back to Brazil it will be to Manaus loved my time there back in the 80s and early 90s.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If I ever manage to get back to Brazil it will be to Manaus loved my time there back in the 80s and early 90s.
Manaus is very, very beautiful.
And also unbearable hot and humid. I almost died when I visited there during the rain season thanks to that.
I much prefer to stay on my cold, lovely Curitiba, at the other end of the country. :p

Btw, I will be back on the 14th.
I would show up on the 13th, but that is the date where I celebrate beating cancer, so it is a day for debauchery and celebrations, not video games. :p

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was indeed hot and the walls of mosquitos were of biblical proportions outside the City and the East district was someplace best to avoid at all cost. But that Amazon River basin and the surrounding jungle is magical and yes miserable at the same time :) And congratulations on beating cancer celebration and debauchery are always in order for such anniversaries.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wait wait, beating cancer? When did this happen? I'm still on travel so I'm not back in UO proper, just dicking around on Siege a little, but I look forward to your return Bealank! Love the new profile pic btw!!!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had to deal with melanoma more than once by now. But in 2013, I had to deal with a stage 1 to stage 2 melanoma, and defeating it involved some chemo and radio. I emerged victorious in August 2013. Wasn't exactly a most fun time.
It just left a nasty scar, luckily. And I lost a bit of hair, but didn't end up bald thanks to chemo.

And this new profile picture is one of those rare instances where I end almost looking not completely ugly in a picture, so I had to use it. :p

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe in the near future I can break DevilsOwn and Uriah out of the nursing home. Try to get a few other Legendaries to do a hunt. I think it's been awhile, since Legends has had a non-EM hunt.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can provide Exodus, Mel and Dreadhorn keys when I am back for a Legends hunt.
I also have the whole skull set to summon a Harrower if we feel frisky.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can provide Exodus, Mel and Dreadhorn keys when I am back for a Legends hunt.
I also have the whole skull set to summon a Harrower if we feel frisky.
HARR-O-WER! HARR-O-WER!

All I ask is that you do it after I make a pvp char. I'll probably start working on it this weekend...but that means having to put together ANOTHER suit, getting a bunch of scrolls, etc. It's the main reason why I haven't done it on all servers yet.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
HARR-O-WER! HARR-O-WER!

All I ask is that you do it after I make a pvp char. I'll probably start working on it this weekend...but that means having to put together ANOTHER suit, getting a bunch of scrolls, etc. It's the main reason why I haven't done it on all servers yet.
But... but... but... I only like to fight other people in the boxing ring!
I am not keen on this PvP thing unless I can physically punch the other party!

I might just pop it, announce on General Chat and let mayhem happen, though.
But that is for another weekend. I am about to start my weekend of debauchery and with luck I will be in condition to log in Sunday. :p

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But... but... but... I only like to fight other people in the boxing ring!
I am not keen on this PvP thing unless I can physically punch the other party!

I might just pop it, announce on General Chat and let mayhem happen, though.
But that is for another weekend. I am about to start my weekend of debauchery and with luck I will be in condition to log in Sunday. :p
Aww c'mon, I like killing people. But that'd mean I'd have no way to kill the Harrower, so it's probably not a good idea to kill everyone. Even though I'm fairly sure I could...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Alas, I am back and stuff. Sorta. For now.
Spring is coming, and I might decide to go hunt for a significant other of female persuasion rather than playing UO as often as I did. :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Hitchhiker's Guide is one of the few books I've read lol I thought the movie was a bit off, but it was ok