• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) 2016 Trade Route Contest

2016 Trade Route Contest
Posted by Naitch
Chesapeake / Trammel
Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 07:45 PM
Until: Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 07:45 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
As was announced at the Governor's Meeting last Sunday at King Blackthorn's Castle, the Merchant's Guild of Britannia is sponsoring a friendly contest for all the cities and townspeople to participate in... the City that delivers the most trade deals in a given time, will be declared the winner. To start a trade, simply travel to one of the nine trade ministers in Britain, Jhelom, Minoc, Moonglow, New Magincia, Yew, Trinsic, Vesper, or Skara Brae, and "get trade order" from the trade minister. From there, fill it with the required line items, and deliver it to the destination city. To complete this, "turn in a trade order" by giving it to the trade minister.

There are four stages on this contest:
Part I : 10 million gold will be deposited to the town's bank that delivers the most trade orders from June 19th through July 17th

Part II: 10 million gold will be deposited to the town's bank that delivers the most trade orders from July 18th through August 21st

Part III: 10 million gold will be deposited to the town's bank that delivers the most trade orders from August 22nd through September 18th

Part IV: 50 million gold will be deposited to the town's bank that delivers the most trade orders for the entire contest period ( Jun 19th - Sep 18th )

Dates for announcing the monthly and overall winners are meant to coincide with the monthly Governor's Meeting with King Blackthorn. There will also be a commemorative plaque, ( a merchant guild sign ) that will presented to the winning city's governor at the Governor's Meeting in September. Approval has been given by the Crown so that the Governor can display the trophy sign at the city bank.

The goal of this event is to increase every city's treasury and get people involved and doing something for their respective town. I hope everyone enjoys this and also gets some nice rewards they can use.

-Naitch, one of many members of the Merchant's Guild of Britannia

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Again, the rules for this contest will be MOST trade orders delivered ( see big red circle ) and NOT overall gold.
This way it is fair for all the towns to participate and have an equal chance.

upload_2016-6-24_16-23-42.png

Standings as of June 19th (Total Trade Orders Delivered):

Britain : 5,597
Jhelom : 1,075
Minoc : 2,396
Moonglow : 1,272
New Magincia : 1,859
Skara Brae : 3,451
Trinsic : 2,281
Vesper : 2,449
Yew : 1,446

Last edited:

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know your true plan - you're trying to get me to run trade quests in hopes that I forget about the next few fishing contests. It won't work! :p

Sounds fun - now I need to dust off my trade quest-er.

Lady Marge

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Brits got the advantage with a moongate 2 screens up from the Trade Minister.
I always forget about that bank moongate... good point. However, britiain's shops are super spread out so that evens it out some. I think New Magincia has it the easiest, personally.

My run from Minoc is long... but oh well.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can't use Moongates, recall, gate, Skara Ferry, or teleport. You have to walk or sail it.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Also: as the home of the only live auction on the shard, Vesper would appreciate the support of Britannian traders! ;)

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can't use Moongates, recall, gate, Skara Ferry, or teleport. You have to walk or sail it.
You can't use the gate travel spell... The moongates are open to all. Your reward is doubled if you don't use it (or halved if you do... i guess depends on your point of view).
Moongates yes, gate travel, No. Also on the banned list is sparkles in the fel dungeons and T2A, the rescu resdu transporters, and the moonglow/bucs den/jehlom transporters. I might have missed a few, but basically besides using the moongates (gate travel spell is not a moongate) you can walk or sail. Not teleporting makes me a little angry now and again, i'm not gonna lie.

Oh, and for the record, slim does NOT count as completed trade missions. :(

It'd be kinda cool if you were flagged as grey on a trade mission though.... open to attack. That'd be interesting right. Right? No? Poo on y'all then!

Happy trading Chessy!

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Also: as the home of the only live auction on the shard, Vesper would appreciate the support of Britannian traders! ;)
I deliver many goods to Vesper from your mining neighbor to the north. All on foot I might add... being that we share the same moongate :/

I only fence goods from one city... that'll be my secret :)

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can use the public moongates, you just don't get the better rewards if you do.
No more sailing to Jhelom, New Magincia, and Moonglow for me! I'll take less rewards to not have to sail to those cities.

I tried it a couple of times last night and still got 100 ignots and a pink; so not too bad and so much easier. I'll still run the land ones but no more sailing. (My trade character has no fishing so can only only sit and sail.)
When I started doing the trade quest, I could swear I tried to use the moongates and couldn't; maybe it was really late when I tried.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No more sailing to Jhelom, New Magincia, and Moonglow for me! I'll take less rewards to not have to sail to those cities.

I tried it a couple of times last night and still got 100 ignots and a pink; so not too bad and so much easier. I'll still run the land ones but no more sailing. (My trade character has no fishing so can only only sit and sail.)
When I started doing the trade quest, I could swear I tried to use the moongates and couldn't; maybe it was really late when I tried.
The more you do, the better the rewards. Once you start getting orders requiring 3 or more items, it gets better. Don't stop because even if you don't trade orders from those cities, you may still need to deliver to them. I take a new order at each city I deliver to and just keep going. I will say the boat travel sucks but if you stay hidden or invised, its pretty easy to avoid the sea attacks.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The more you do, the better the rewards. Once you start getting orders requiring 3 or more items, it gets better. Don't stop because even if you don't trade orders from those cities, you may still need to deliver to them. I take a new order at each city I deliver to and just keep going. I will say the boat travel sucks but if you stay hidden or invised, its pretty easy to avoid the sea attacks.
Also if you just take control of your boat, you can generally go around the sea monsters and avoid them altogether.

I tend to leave a colous on my boat and let it kick the poo out of the monsters as i go by. As well as some neato spell plague/nethercyclone combos (after an invis and curse of course)

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am already well pass Magnate and city loyalty is at adore for all cities. I get 5 line orders for 20 each - I just hate the time it takes to sail seems so slow. (Also, those Kraken are awful. I do steer my boat around and away.) So for those island cities I will deliver to and from but use the moongate instead of sailing. Sorry if my post wasn't clear and I confused you.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Update 7/17/2016

Part I winner :
Congrats to Governor CrOwE and the traders of New Magincia !
10 million gold has been donated to the city treasury for your efforts on getting the most trades done for the month.

upload_2016-7-17_22-41-5.png

Here are the full results:

1st New Magincia - 1,859 to 2,123 (+264 ) trades
2nd Minoc - 2,396 to 2,560 (+164 )
3rd Britain - 5,597 to 5,746 (+ 149 )
Vesper - 2,449 to 2,587 (+138 )
Trinsic - 2,281 to 2,376 (+ 95 )
Yew - 1,446 to 1,498 (+ 52 )
Skara Brae - 3,451 to 3,489 (+ 38 )
Moonglow - 1,272 to 1,300 (+ 28 )
Jhelom - 1,075 to 1,094 (+ 19 )

Part II is now starting and will run through August 21st

Attachments

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The honorable traders of Minoc put in a lot of effort. And we lost by 100 trades! So I would like to congratulate the peoples of New Magincia for their hard work and dedication.
Notice these cities with few legitimate trades, I wonder how the city is being financed. Maybe Jhelom is a good city to investigate about this mysterious new 'substance'.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The honorable traders of Minoc put in a lot of effort. And we lost by 100 trades! So I would like to congratulate the peoples of New Magincia for their hard work and dedication.
Notice these cities with few legitimate trades, I wonder how the city is being financed. Maybe Jhelom is a good city to investigate about this mysterious new 'substance'.

I see your trades were certainly increased by shady dealings!! Maybe this needs to be investigated, seeing as Minoc was always a middling trade town until NOW... Hmmmmm.....

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I see your trades were certainly increased by shady dealings!! Maybe this needs to be investigated, seeing as Minoc was always a middling trade town until NOW... Hmmmmm.....
Hey now... all my of shady dealing with Slim come from towns OTHER than Minoc. I keep my town loyalties tried and true! But don't mind getting a Veil now and again at the expense of other towns.

Yes, Minoc used to be middling, but Resiew-Dub's work as the minister of trade as well as Duff Beer, Gen and a few other hard working traders has significantly increased Minoc's economy. Progressive government incentives as well as lucrative free trade practices has Minoc's economy booming and the populace (even the gypsies) enjoying a higher quality of life than ever before.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just a reminder of the rules for anyone that may be confused or uncertain:

Part II will reset all scores to 0 and go through Aug 21st. It will pick up where the trade numbers are now. For example, Magincia has 2,123 trades, so next month whatever they have will be subtracted from 2123 to determine their score.
The grand prize will be determined by adding up the total of all 3 Parts. Good luck traders! Get out there and support your town!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Update: 8/21

Part II winner:
Congratulations to Governor Murdock Redbone and the traders of Britain!
The Merchant's Guild has made a 10 million gold donation to the city for having the most trade deals delivered this month.

upload_2016-8-21_18-14-26.png

Part II Standings:

1st Britain - 5,746 to 6,068 ( +322 ) trades
2nd Trinsic - 2,376 to 2,625 ( +249 )
3rd New Magincia - 2,123 to 2,339 ( +216 )
Minoc - 2,560 to 2,631 ( +71 )
Vesper - 2,587 to 2,656 ( +69 )
Yew - 1,498 to 1,535 ( +37 )
Skara Brae - 3,489 to 3,525 ( +36 )
Jhelom - 1,094 to 1,126 ( +32 )
Moonglow - 1,300 to 1,319 ( +19 )

Overall Standings ( Most Trades Total in Parts I,II, & III - 50 million winner )

1st New Magincia ( 480 ) trades
2nd Britain ( 471 )
3rd Trinsic ( 344 )
Minoc ( 235 )
Vesper ( 207 )
Yew ( 89 )
Skara Brae ( 74 )
Jhelom ( 51 )
Moonglow ( 47 )

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Skah! I kept getting silly gems for a reward so I got lazy on the trade deals.... I'll have to redouble my efforts for part III

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Part III ends this Sunday

Trade Contest winning town will be announced at the gov meeting, Sunday 18th.
50 million gold donation to its treasury !

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Update: 9 - 20

Part III winner:
Congratulations to the people of Minoc!
The Merchant's Guild has made a 10 million gold donation to the city for having the most trade deals delivered this month.

upload_2016-9-20_17-13-41.png

Part III Standings:

1st Minoc - 2,631 to 2,924 ( +293 ) trades
2nd New Magincia - 2,339 to 2,558 ( +222 )
3rd Trinsic - 2,625 to 2,774 ( +149 )
Britain - 6,068 to 6,198 ( +130 )
Vesper - 2,656 to 2,761 ( + 105 )
Yew - 1,535 to 1,591 ( + 56 )
Skara Brae - 3,525 to 3,539 (+ 14 )
Jhelom - 1,126 to 1,132 ( + 6 )
Moonglow - 1,319 to 1,325 ( +6 )

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Part IV: Overall Winner

Final Standings ( Most Trades Total in Parts I,II, & III - 50 million winner )

1st New Magincia ( 702 ) trades
2nd Britain ( 601 )
3rd Minoc ( 528)
4th Trinsic ( 493 )
5th Vesper ( 312 )
6th Yew ( 145 )
7th Skara Brae ( 88 )
8th Jhelom ( 57 )
9th Moonglow ( 53 )

upload_2016-9-20_17-24-58.png

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
New Magincia PRIDE!!!!

Naitch paid us whats due
Part I but not II

I've done my routes
And committed some crimes...

And bad mistakes
Vespers made a few

Britains had its fair share of failed trades
But so has Trinsic too!
(but we set sail to go on and on and on and on)

New Magincias the champions my friends
Because we kept on sailin' till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers (like Minoc)
'Cause we are the champions
Of Britannia

I've taken your boats
Used my curtain for sails too
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that
goes with it
I thank you all

(Yeah thats all I got.... I'm not competitive at all....)