• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please explain "keeping the profile clean". Exactly how do we do that?
mostly by removing the "variables" folder inside documents and settings, when it became too "fat" it might slow you down...
in the end the slower the client gets the more stuff will "lose" for some reason. The same happens during lag or heavy populated area where you have a lot of traffic, the client seems to sacrifice the info requested by the UI in order to show you what's in game (mobiles/items/speech/etc...)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mostly by removing the "variables" folder inside documents and settings, when it became too "fat" it might slow you down...
in the end the slower the client gets the more stuff will "lose" for some reason. The same happens during lag or heavy populated area where you have a lot of traffic, the client seems to sacrifice the info requested by the UI in order to show you what's in game (mobiles/items/speech/etc...)
My variables file is only 1.6 MB, that doesn't seem high, is it?

Shaded

Visitor
Hi Pinco

I am new to your UI and also just starting to use the EC client. How can i get my EC client to log into a freeshard?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it should be around 200kb :D
Ok I deleted the variables file, correct? I made a backup named backupvariables but left it in the same directory. Didn't notice any difference in performance in game over the last days but hadn't hunted anything big but now I dug a chest on my THunter and all my Finders Keepers criteria are wiped out and this means all characters Finders Keepers are wiped out, do you know how long that took to get all those in there? What else did that variables files have in it that I will cry when I see they're gone? Oh yeah and the backup variables file is gone also, I know i should have put it in a different place but dang. I am very, very unhappy. Right now I almost feel the same as about half the population of UO does, trash the EC!!!

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Pinco

I am new to your UI and also just starting to use the EC client. How can i get my EC client to log into a freeshard?
freeshards are not supported

Ok I deleted the variables file, correct? I made a backup named backupvariables but left it in the same directory. Didn't notice any difference in performance in game over the last days but hadn't hunted anything big but now I dug a chest on my THunter and all my Finders Keepers criteria are wiped out and this means all characters Finders Keepers are wiped out, do you know how long that took to get all those in there? What else did that variables files have in it that I will cry when I see they're gone? Oh yeah and the backup variables file is gone also, I know i should have put it in a different place but dang. I am very, very unhappy. Right now I almost feel the same as about half the population of UO does, trash the EC!!!
sorry to hear that, there are some tools to restore files (if it's not in the trashcan), you can try those. You can try to delete the chat log from user settings as "soft" cleanup if needed :p

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he may need more than 5 minutes to add new features to his UI that were just released. I just went to settings/options and switched back to default to look at the menu. Sovereigns don't work at the Acct Management site yet so you can't buy anything anyway. Prices are pretty much the same as they were in Origin :(

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to copy over the settings from the Finders Keepers to another character?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to copy over the settings from the Finders Keepers to another character?
it's a bit complicated, you have to copy the data between characters id inside the variables file of documents and settings.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco there is an issue when you close the new In Game Store, you get other gumps popping up and closing very quickly.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco there is an issue when you close the new In Game Store, you get other gumps popping up and closing very quickly.
that's the price to pay to make the shop to work, unfortunately the shop is not a normal gump so that's the only way... reload the interface when you're done with the shop and it will be fine again :p
I will try to improve the thing a bit if possible...

Whyterose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have tried to install this UI but am getting a Windows 10 error and it will not install, Im at work now but will try to post the error this evening. I have read so many nice things about this UI I am hopeful to get it working soon.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried to install this UI but am getting a Windows 10 error and it will not install, Im at work now but will try to post the error this evening. I have read so many nice things about this UI I am hopeful to get it working soon.
What kind of error? I run Pinco UI and Windows 10 64bit just fine. Stick with it, its worth it!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try now it should be better...

follow the setup guide, make sure you installed it in the right folder and also make sure the folder has full control on the "everyone" user...

Whyterose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It is updating now, I am looking forward to using it! Thank you for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.

Whyterose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well the game is crashing too much since I have the UI installed to use it, I have defragged my drive and I start the game as administrator and set "full control" to Everyone for the game folder.

The game crashes immediately if I try to unequip anything on my Paperdoll for example.

Any suggestions as what to try next to make the game function using this UI would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the game is crashing too much since I have the UI installed to use it, I have defragged my drive and I start the game as administrator and set "full control" to Everyone for the game folder.

The game crashes immediately if I try to unequip anything on my Paperdoll for example.

Any suggestions as what to try next to make the game function using this UI would be greatly appreciated.
the last game patch was buggy and now any tooltip with images will make the game crash, just enable the wall of text item properties to avoid crashing until the devs fix the problem (if they will fix it... )

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the last game patch was buggy and now any tooltip with images will make the game crash, just enable the wall of text item properties to avoid crashing until the devs fix the problem (if they will fix it... )
But what about the lag situation, is there nothing you can do to fix that?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But what about the lag situation, is there nothing you can do to fix that?
Hotbars, mobile bars, you see messages in chat, open containers and stuff like that increases the lag, reduce all to the minimum and that's all you can do in the UI. Also keep the chat journal clean so you won't have too much data loaded in the memory.
That's pretty much it, the more stuff you have active the more data is requested from server and the client is what it is, so you shouldn't overload it. Besides that you can also try to optimize the graphic settings like removing shadows, reduce the particle quality, ecc...so in crowded areas you won't have too many issues...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hotbars, mobile bars, you see messages in chat, open containers and stuff like that increases the lag, reduce all to the minimum and that's all you can do in the UI. Also keep the chat journal clean so you won't have too much data loaded in the memory.
That's pretty much it, the more stuff you have active the more data is requested from server and the client is what it is, so you shouldn't overload it. Besides that you can also try to optimize the graphic settings like removing shadows, reduce the particle quality, ecc...so in crowded areas you won't have too many issues...
I have also been getting some serious issues since the new patch. When I swap back to the default EC it is OK. I really miss being able to use Pinco UI as after a week playing the default EC it has reminded me how horrible and broken the default client is!

I have cleared and re-made (took me hours) all my user profiles so they are 100% new profiles. I mean deleted EVERYTHING from the my documents folder.
Clear all the chat logs in the game folder.
Turned all the graphics down to "low" and everything else is disabled (shadows, hardware death etc) - These have always been disabled for me anyway.
I also have always run the "wall of text" item properties, not the new ones.

I still get the terrible locks and performance drops. At first I thought it was just me but then I saw in THIS THREAD that many others are also having the same issues sadly.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes EC is just fine, no lag, very little rubber banding, don't understand. I miss Pinco's.

All that stuff he suggested I have done and keep it that way, am at my wit's end.

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here, I'm a returning player, just came back a couple of days ago after 4 or 5 years, first thing I did was grab pinco's UI? I had the crashes that the "wall of text" thing solved right away but the lag and rubber banding is horrible :(
I still use pinco's for crafting and easy stuff (killing the swoop with my tamer, I just need to heal my pets) but for the rest it's not possible, trying to tame a cu even with peace taming is not possible with the lag.
Hope something can be done to help, playing without pinco's is really horrible.

Another thing I've noticed, it's nothing major but still I thought I would ask. Shouldn't the pet gump and pet power calculator give similar rating for my tames ? I don't mean identical but 0.1 or 0.2 close ?
Because I have 2 Gd's one is rated 4.4 with power pet calc and only 3.6 with pinco's and even more strange my second is lower on power pet calc 4.3 but higher with pinco 3.8.
I checked all my other pets and they're all 0.1 lower on pinco's than on the pet power calc as I was expecting.
Anyone else noticed something similar ?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also been getting some serious issues since the new patch. When I swap back to the default EC it is OK. I really miss being able to use Pinco UI as after a week playing the default EC it has reminded me how horrible and broken the default client is!

I have cleared and re-made (took me hours) all my user profiles so they are 100% new profiles. I mean deleted EVERYTHING from the my documents folder.
Clear all the chat logs in the game folder.
Turned all the graphics down to "low" and everything else is disabled (shadows, hardware death etc) - These have always been disabled for me anyway.
I also have always run the "wall of text" item properties, not the new ones.

I still get the terrible locks and performance drops. At first I thought it was just me but then I saw in THIS THREAD that many others are also having the same issues sadly.

they must have done something in the last publish to cause the problem, but I don't know what... try to check the debug window when the lag start, maybe we get some clue...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here, I'm a returning player, just came back a couple of days ago after 4 or 5 years, first thing I did was grab pinco's UI? I had the crashes that the "wall of text" thing solved right away but the lag and rubber banding is horrible :(
I still use pinco's for crafting and easy stuff (killing the swoop with my tamer, I just need to heal my pets) but for the rest it's not possible, trying to tame a cu even with peace taming is not possible with the lag.
Hope something can be done to help, playing without pinco's is really horrible.

Another thing I've noticed, it's nothing major but still I thought I would ask. Shouldn't the pet gump and pet power calculator give similar rating for my tames ? I don't mean identical but 0.1 or 0.2 close ?
Because I have 2 Gd's one is rated 4.4 with power pet calc and only 3.6 with pinco's and even more strange my second is lower on power pet calc 4.3 but higher with pinco 3.8.
I checked all my other pets and they're all 0.1 lower on pinco's than on the pet power calc as I was expecting.
Anyone else noticed something similar ?
the pet calc just can't be the same of the website. Different formulas, different weight on stats, different rounding of numbers, it's just not the same.

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the pet calc just can't be the same of the website. Different formulas, different weight on stats, different rounding of numbers, it's just not the same.
Ok thanks I was intrigued because, as I said, only the GD is different but now I get it was just a coincidence.
Well and obviously you both rate stats/skills roughly the same except on GD's maybe :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they must have done something in the last publish to cause the problem, but I don't know what... try to check the debug window when the lag start, maybe we get some clue...
Yeah everything was fine until the last patch. I will run debug and report my findings.

Which options do I need enabled in the debug log as I don't really know what I'm looking for.

When I have "error messages" it just keeps going on about "text is cut off in mobile bar XXXX"

It does this before it starts to lock up though.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah everything was fine until the last patch. I will run debug and report my findings.

Which options do I need enabled in the debug log as I don't really know what I'm looking for.

When I have "error messages" it just keeps going on about "text is cut off in mobile bar XXXX"

It does this before it starts to lock up though.

leave the default options, all that warnings are useless and just fills the windows with useless stuff :D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
leave the default options, all that warnings are useless and just fills the windows with useless stuff :D
So I had these options (are they the default ones?)

And then I kept getting this:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco I've been running in the Windowed fullscreen for a while now, but I have issues with the windows task bar. I have to press the windows key every time to get it to show, and then it only stays for a few seconds most of the time. Could we please get a secondary setting for those of us who want the fullscreen effect and want the taskbar visible?

:Begging:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still getting the terrible performance and had to swap to playing default :(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seem to get a lot of lag in the pit, specifically when new stuff spawns, though sometimes its inexplicable bubbles of random lag.

I've also noticed that there is a serious performance hit when there are multiple mobs and other animated objects (like fire fields). This is new as of the last publish. I can easily replicate the lag.

@Bleak

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco I've been running in the Windowed fullscreen for a while now, but I have issues with the windows task bar. I have to press the windows key every time to get it to show, and then it only stays for a few seconds most of the time. Could we please get a secondary setting for those of us who want the fullscreen effect and want the taskbar visible?

:Begging:
I can't do anything about that, unfortunately the windowed fullscreen is made client side when you give a certain window resolution (is like this since KR). The option just set the resolution and the rest goes by itself :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't do anything about that, unfortunately the windowed fullscreen is made client side when you give a certain window resolution (is like this since KR). The option just set the resolution and the rest goes by itself :p
Changing the resolution? Of the screen or the client? Changing either didn't seem to affect the issue.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Changing the resolution? Of the screen or the client? Changing either didn't seem to affect the issue.
you can't do anything about it... is an internal thing, you have to play in window if that problem bothers you because I doubt the devs will ever take a look at it :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco do you have any idea what's causing the lag in your UI? I play for 15-20 minutes in Pincos fine but then it starts lagging terribly, once I switch back to the default UI the lag goes away or if I exit the game the lag goes away for another 15-20 minutes. I was down in the Prism of Light farming crystals to make Gorgon lenses and after 15 minutes with your UI I got hit by terrible lag, switched back to Default an no lag at all. My guess is it has something to do with saving Mobile information or something. I love your UI and hate having to switch to default...

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to get a lot of lag in the pit, specifically when new stuff spawns, though sometimes its inexplicable bubbles of random lag.

I've also noticed that there is a serious performance hit when there are multiple mobs and other animated objects (like fire fields). This is new as of the last publish. I can easily replicate the lag.
The Publish 93 EC update only added support for the in-game store generic gump which allows tool-tips to be displayed for larger templated buttons and a fix for GenericGumpLabelResizeTemplate not correctly displaying text. Please send in/post screenshots or videos of your Default interface when you are experiencing lag along with the server and time so that I may determine whether or not your issue is client or server related. It would also be good to know if your lag exist when you remove all UI elements(L-shift+A). We are committed to fixing bugs with the EC and supporting the custom UI community. Send screenshots to [email protected].

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about Default UI?
I had a go with default and all was fine.

While you are here @Bleak would it be possible to allow us to limit the amount of mobiles that are shown per dockspot (like we can with Pinco UI) but add this to the default UI?

I'm also getting a problem with the chat window resetting after I have resized it and changed position. I have sent an email to [email protected] about this also with some pictures.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a go with default and all was fine.

While you are here @Bleak would it be possible to allow us to limit the amount of mobiles that are shown per dockspot (like we can with Pinco UI) but add this to the default UI?

I'm also getting a problem with the chat window resetting after I have resized it and changed position. I have sent an email to [email protected] about this also with some pictures.
that may be the source of the lag, if you are using many healthbars it will be painful... the limit on default was added to avoid this kind of problems.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, I have the limit set of mobiles in your UI, but that doesn't fix the lag issue. I don't have lag with default EC so something in your ui is causing it. It's not the properties box because I don't use the new properties so it's something else.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that may be the source of the lag, if you are using many healthbars it will be painful... the limit on default was added to avoid this kind of problems.
I have 4 dockspots showing and have set limits on each in the settings:

Grey - 5
Red - 5
Blue - 5
standard mobiles (unsorted) - 5

It might not actually be "lag" but its something causing a MASSIVE drop in performace as you can see in the video. Thats a fresh profile also. Fresh as in everything was deleted from the UO EC folder in my documents.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 4 dockspots showing and have set limits on each in the settings:

Grey - 5
Red - 5
Blue - 5
standard mobiles (unsorted) - 5

It might not actually be "lag" but its something causing a MASSIVE drop in performace as you can see in the video. Thats a fresh profile also. Fresh as in everything was deleted from the UO EC folder in my documents.
I did the same test you did, try to disable ALL the "you see" message from the chat and see how it goes

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did the same test you did, try to disable ALL the "you see" message from the chat and see how it goes
I will do that when I get back again tonight and let you know. Thanks for the reply.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've also found a workaround to make the item properties work again so you don't have to use the wall of text, just update the UI and it will be fine :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco can I just disable the "you see" option form the filters (like picture below) or do I need to turn it off in the options where the tick box is? or both?