• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old guy here returning.

Petrov

Visitor
Hey folks I am returning to UO I have some characters on catskills sever.
I mostly play craftsmen. Now I logged in and I do have a fire beetle and a regular beetle.
My main source of ore/ingots was from orc dungeon, I wore orc mask and got lots of colored ore.
Now do I need any 3rd party software for my miner? Fighter?
long time ago I used a script last target last action or something like that to save some time.
Are there scripts that can speed up the mining?

Tips and advice? forgot a lot of old stuff and there is a bunch of new stuff.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
With the new client the macros are pretty extensive, so I don't think you need any 3rd party.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't recall if fire beetles were around before or after but ore sites are random and change with time. So you may mine valorite in one spot for a while then it will change to some other ore so there is little advantage to mining in a specific area other than in Ter mur where you get crystaline blackrock along with your ore and gems

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look into the enhanced client and "TARGET BY RESOURCE." It lets you auto-swing at the max possible rate without pressing any more keys. My best place to mine is Ter Mur/ Royal City for the blackrock and guards.

In the enhanced client, I set up 9 boxes for each ore type and then "target...stored" for my fire beetle. One click smelts all of that ore in my pack.