• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heal injured pet macro

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use a vet macro that is very useful for running with multiple pets at the same time. It goes like this:
1. Bandies,
2. Wait for Target
3. Target severely injured follower.
It works great.
I tried to do the same thing with magic:
1. Greater Heal
2. Wait for Target
3. Target severely injured follower.

In this case instead of a heal I get a targeting cursor. What am I doing wrong here?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
try using either target last or saved target

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
try using either target last or saved target
That does not really help. I am trying to use this for a pack of hounds. By the time I manually select the one that needs healing it's too late.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That does not really help. I am trying to use this for a pack of hounds. By the time I manually select the one that needs healing it's too late.
Click the spell icon in the macro, right click it, select stored and target the pet you want to cure. You do have to change it if you switch pets though.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Click the spell icon in the macro, right click it, select stored and target the pet you want to cure. You do have to change it if you switch pets though.
Thank you, but as I stated in the original post, this is for running with multiple pets. For running around with 5 hounds or ostards using "target the most severely injured pet" is a lifesaver because many of those cannot take more than 1 hit. And picking the injured one manually is too slow. I do not have a problem vetting or healing a stored pet. It's "target the most severely injured pet" that I want to start working for healing (it seems to work fine for vetting).

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can always set 5 macros, one for each pet, then just hit key for the one that's hurt. I have never been able to get the Target Most Hurt (or w/ever it's called) action to work.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can always set 5 macros, one for each pet, then just hit key for the one that's hurt. I have never been able to get the Target Most Hurt (or w/ever it's called) action to work.
Yes, this is what I do, but I never have more than 2 pets out but each has a macro and before I leave I set the stored target to each of them in turn. My macros have both a bandaid and a greater heal in them. If you are too far away it just says can't reach and heals with the magery.