• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Perma Heightened Senses

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With 120 Weapon/120 Parry Heigthened Sense will add a 12% Parry bonus. For those that use a shield it would put your Parry at 47% instead of 35℅. For those with 120 Weapon/120 Bushido/ 120 Parry your Parry would be 52% instead of 40%.

Now while that all sounds good it costs you mana. It's at the rate of 10 mana every 3 seconds. So that's about 33 to 34 mana every ten seconds.

It's possible to keep this toggle ability on. Unfortunately, it requires investing in Meditation or Focus to make it Perma. Mana drain and Mana Vanp should be the only things in PvE to cause the toggle to drop (running out of mana).

Bare Minimum to keep it running:

100 Med + 12 MR + 40 LMC Leather Armor
100 Focus + 15 MR + 55 LMC Studded Leather Armor
120 Focus + 12 MR + 55 LMC Studded Leather Armor
120 Focus + 28 MR + 45 LMC Metal Armor

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
As you would only benefit from a boost to Parry while Parrying & therefore in melee range it wouldn't really make sense for the minimum not to include Mana Leech. It's not like an ability you need to keep on even when you're not getting hit.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've played around with it. Even with leeching it doesen't stay on. Once you start using specials you can burn through mana. It's also nice to turn a toggle on and not have keep turning it on :)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Have you found any fight where it'd be useful?

I suppose it would increase the chance of Counter Attack/Reactive Paralyse going off.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Does it stack with Evasion? In theory at 120 parry/120 bush while in evasion mode you'd have a ... 72% chance to block ANY attack. That seems like it could be useful to clear out a room of stuff.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've found it useful against Balrons, but haven't tackled anything higher than that. It's on a character in training.

You can use Evasion while Heigthened Sense is active. As to the math, I'm not sure on the total. I don't know the numbers from Evasion bonus.

I do know mana Vamp can cause the toggle to drop.