• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does Gungsuh.ttf reinstall every time I open the UI? This has happened for more than a week now I think.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does Gungsuh.ttf reinstall every time I open the UI? This has happened for more than a week now I think.
try to delete that file manually, maybe it has something broken and the patcher can't fix it...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try to delete that file manually, maybe it has something broken and the patcher can't fix it...
According to my searches that file does not exist and I looked and it is not in your font list. This also happens on my laptop running Windows 7, it's not just a one computer problem. My regular desktop comp is Windows 10.

This is what the patcher window says:

Checking internet connection... Done.
Downloading version file... Done. Done.
Loading web files data...
Parsing files... Done.
Downloading: Gungsuh.ttf [7.93 MB] in progress ... Done.
Installing... Done!
Patch session completed. New version installed and ready to use.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to my searches that file does not exist and I looked and it is not in your font list. This also happens on my laptop running Windows 7, it's not just a one computer problem. My regular desktop comp is Windows 10.

This is what the patcher window says:

Checking internet connection... Done.
Downloading version file... Done. Done.
Loading web files data...
Parsing files... Done.
Downloading: Gungsuh.ttf [7.93 MB] in progress ... Done.
Installing... Done!
Patch session completed. New version installed and ready to use.
mmm I think that file might actually be broken on the server, I've re-uploaded it... try again, now should work.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmm I think that file might actually be broken on the server, I've re-uploaded it... try again, now should work.
That fixed it, downloaded the file this time instead of just zipping through it and saying it downloaded it. Not getting it at all after the first time it installed.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible for you to increase the icon size of the runebooks, spellbooks, runic atlases and also regular books in the backpack? At present the books only occupy a small amount of the space, if they were bigger I'm pretty sure we could see the colors a lot better. They're a lot larger in the backpack of the CC and the color can be seen much easier.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible for you to increase the icon size of the runebooks, spellbooks, runic atlases and also regular books in the backpack? At present the books only occupy a small amount of the space, if they were bigger I'm pretty sure we could see the colors a lot better. They're a lot larger in the backpack of the CC and the color can be seen much easier.
use the scale mode and increase the backpack size then, it's the only thing that will work. I've tried several times in the past to increase the size of certain items, but the result is a disaster and won't improve anything...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use the scale mode and increase the backpack size then, it's the only thing that will work. I've tried several times in the past to increase the size of certain items, but the result is a disaster and won't improve anything...
Thanks for the try. I use a 24" screen, have the grid backpack enlarged to it's limit and the books measure in actual size 1/4" long side of the book, way too hard to see details and determine the color at first glance. They are slightly larger if I use the Legacy backpack completely enlarged but then I cannot target anything to move it and half the reason I came to the EC was the grid backpacks so that's no solution anyhow.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco If I made you fancy graphics to use as center-of-the-screen "warnings," could you add them (and the necessary code) for when you dig up a lava rock and for when the Eodon volcano becomes unstable? These would help people acknowledge the important events in that overly spammy questline.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco If I made you fancy graphics to use as center-of-the-screen "warnings," could you add them (and the necessary code) for when you dig up a lava rock and for when the Eodon volcano becomes unstable? These would help people acknowledge the important events in that overly spammy questline.
it depends if there is a journal message when that thing come out or not...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

Here are some graphics, pngs with transparent backgrounds. They are probably a bit on the large side, so you may want to resize them.

When you fins a lava rock, this appears over your head:
*You uncover a lava rock and carefully store it for later!*

Graphic:
LavaRock.png

When the volcano is about to erupt, this appears over your head:
*The Volcano is becoming unstable!*

Graphic:
Eruption.png

I can tweak these if needed.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

Here are some graphics, pngs with transparent backgrounds. They are probably a bit on the large side, so you may want to resize them.

When you fins a lava rock, this appears over your head:
*You uncover a lava rock and carefully store it for later!*

Graphic:
View attachment 45791

When the volcano is about to erupt, this appears over your head:
*The Volcano is becoming unstable!*

Graphic:
View attachment 45790

I can tweak these if needed.
give it a try :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco Would it be possible to get an option to put the chat line below the game window so its in the black area? This would help a lot with reading what you're typing...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco Would it be possible to get an option to put the chat line below the game window so its in the black area? This would help a lot with reading what you're typing...
you can detach the line from the game window and move the chat a bit lower so you'll have it on the black area :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you can detach the line from the game window and move the chat a bit lower so you'll have it on the black area :p
Having the chat line attached to the journal doesn't work well for me at all. Its way to small. And no, increasing the width of the journal isn't an option.

The option to put it below the game window would be the best solution to several problems.

Pweeeese?
:Begging:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having the chat line attached to the journal doesn't work well for me at all. Its way to small. And no, increasing the width of the journal isn't an option.

The option to put it below the game window would be the best solution to several problems.

Pweeeese?
:Begging:
try

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco would it be possible to get an option in the user settings to completely turn off / disable "item sort on this container"

I know there is an option when I open the container but it just resets each time I login / out.

I'd love just to be able to turn it off permanently.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco would it be possible to get an option in the user settings to completely turn off / disable "item sort on this container"

I know there is an option when I open the container but it just resets each time I login / out.

I'd love just to be able to turn it off permanently.
that can't be done. The sort flag is saved on each container and corpses in general, if it's not saving then you're profile is broken...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had an idea... If there a way to make an object handle that would show items that aren't locked down in a house? I've had several friends put stuff down, think they locked it down, only to have the item decay because they messed up.

It'd be a nice security feature regardless.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a toggle for Blood Oath taking you out of war mode? Malag says there is, but I can't seem to find it :confused:

I get why it's a feature, but it's getting my sampire killed...repeatedly :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had an idea... If there a way to make an object handle that would show items that aren't locked down in a house? I've had several friends put stuff down, think they locked it down, only to have the item decay because they messed up.

It'd be a nice security feature regardless.
I have to check, something like this may kill the remaining performance of the client...

Is there a toggle for Blood Oath taking you out of war mode? Malag says there is, but I can't seem to find it :confused:

I get why it's a feature, but it's getting my sampire killed...repeatedly :(
user settings -> options -> enable auto-toggle war mode.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much should the Options- Disk Cache settings be set to? How many MB for a "decent" computer?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much should the Options- Disk Cache settings be set to? How many MB for a "decent" computer?
I doubt it makes a difference... that cache just save the houses so that you can load them faster, and see more ghost image when you pass between trammel and felucca :D

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all
I've read what's available but having trouble with the following.

1. Can't loot item using right click
2. Vacuum uses main pack as loot bag, would like to use pack within the main pack.
3. Would like to use secondary pack for changing, uses main pack for dressing undressing, then have to manually move items
Thanks

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

Could you set up an "event mode" for the UI that lessens some of the overhead? I'm thinking a single action (because people are lazy) that disables loot sort, the new item properties layout and drops the particle detail to low. Anything that will help the client run smoother and allow people to loot public corpses without crashing...without disabling your UI altogether.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

Could you set up an "event mode" for the UI that lessens some of the overhead? I'm thinking a single action (because people are lazy) that disables loot sort, the new item properties layout and drops the particle detail to low. Anything that will help the client run smoother and allow people to loot public corpses without crashing...without disabling your UI altogether.
I don't have a bit of a problem anymore since I got a new computer with a nice video card and big processor, I think a lot of the problems I had, and probably the ones you are having is due to equipment more than the game itself. The only problem I still have is the loot which takes a few minutes to appear which is annoying. I was just at our last event and there were from 75 to 100 people and I ran around like a fool without any lag.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have a bit of a problem anymore since I got a new computer with a nice video card and big processor, I think a lot of the problems I had, and probably the ones you are having is due to equipment more than the game itself. The only problem I still have is the loot which takes a few minutes to appear which is annoying. I was just at our last event and there were from 75 to 100 people and I ran around like a fool without any lag.
My system is barely a year old and has ram and processor power to spare, the EC runs on an SSD. The only lag I get is from the big explosion FX and opening the public corpses of big EM mobs.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My system is barely a year old and has ram and processor power to spare, the EC runs on an SSD. The only lag I get is from the big explosion FX and opening the public corpses of big EM mobs.
As I said in the past the solution is to keep the profile clean, disable the loot sort. The insane amount of items inside public corpses is the real problem, everytime an item is moved the client has to re-process the whole container content and there is no way to avoid that.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I said in the past the solution is to keep the profile clean, disable the loot sort. The insane amount of items inside public corpses is the real problem, everytime an item is moved the client has to re-process the whole container content and there is no way to avoid that.
I'll load up any corpse FIRST to disable loot sort. I hate loot sort.

I then go to the big boss. Scalis, EM mobs etc. I then try to open the corpse one it goes public. My whole client totally locks up so I force close it and start another.

When my new client is loaded and I'm logged in the loot sort is enabled again. I'd love to just be able to turn loot sort off forever.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll load up any corpse FIRST to disable loot sort. I hate loot sort.

I then go to the big boss. Scalis, EM mobs etc. I then try to open the corpse one it goes public. My whole client totally locks up so I force close it and start another.

When my new client is loaded and I'm logged in the loot sort is enabled again. I'd love to just be able to turn loot sort off forever.
Yes mine too, just goes back to loot sort enabled everytime, I don't want to disable it permanently but it sure would be nice if when you disabled it, it remembered you did that and saved that until you told it to start sorting again.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes mine too, just goes back to loot sort enabled everytime, I don't want to disable it permanently but it sure would be nice if when you disabled it, it remembered you did that and saved that until you told it to start sorting again.
Once you have opened one corpse and disabled it then it says off. At least until you log back in. The trouble is when you open this big public corpse, it locks up the client and you have to reload. I would love an option in the settings to enable / disable it all the time.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you have opened one corpse and disabled it then it says off. At least until you log back in. The trouble is when you open this big public corpse, it locks up the client and you have to reload. I would love an option in the settings to enable / disable it all the time.
same problem that happen in the past and has been solved with a clean profile...

btw, the loot sort is automatically disabled if the container has too many items inside...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same problem that happen in the past and has been solved with a clean profile...
Does that mean making a totally fresh one or can I just "clean" my current one?

I make one profile, set up all my layout etc and then copy and rename it to use with other characters. If I sent it to you would you be able to see if there is anything wrong with it?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that mean making a totally fresh one or can I just "clean" my current one?

I make one profile, set up all my layout etc and then copy and rename it to use with other characters. If I sent it to you would you be able to see if there is anything wrong with it?
try to backup the folder inside documents and settings. There are many things that are not saved in the single file you are cleaning...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try to backup the folder inside documents and settings. There are many things that are not saved in the single file you are cleaning...
I save everything inside the "User Data" folder.

If I delete EVERYTHING inside the "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss"

and load up and make a new profile would this then be "clean" ?

Is it safe to copy my old macros using EC Profile Manager to the new character template I will use?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I save everything inside the "User Data" folder.

If I delete EVERYTHING inside the "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss"

and load up and make a new profile would this then be "clean" ?

Is it safe to copy my old macros using EC Profile Manager to the new character template I will use?
the clean folder is the cleanest thing that you can get :D
the macro are safe to copy :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK so I deleted my whole folder.

Logged back in made a new profile etc.
Killed a skeleton and opened the corpse.
Turned off loot sort.
Logged out.
Logged back in and went back to the body and loot sort was still enabled.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK so I deleted my whole folder.

Logged back in made a new profile etc.
Killed a skeleton and opened the corpse.
Turned off loot sort.
Logged out.
Logged back in and went back to the body and loot sort was still enabled.
Here it is a magic trick: the disappearance of saved variables.

How to do it:
1. Save a variable (manually so there is no risk of interference)
2. Log out
3. Log in
4. Load the variable
Voilà, it's gone :D

Unfortunately there is no trick to get it back... weird? a lot!

The truth is that some variable are deliberately removed at login, I can't say why (terrorism perhaps? :p ).

Anyway I changed the name of the loot sort variable and now it seems to work, give it a try :D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyway I changed the name of the loot sort variable and now it seems to work, give it a try [BCOLOR=rgb(204, 205, 205)]:D[/BCOLOR]
Just patched up.

Killed a monsters and turned off loot sort.

Logged out and back in.

Opened the corpse again and loot sort is still off!

Thanks Pinco :thumbsup:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Pinco, is it possible for you to make it where the container for Armoires won't close, when graphically the armoire "doors" shut? If in EC, when you double click and open up an Armoire's container menu, about 10-12 seconds later the "doors" on the Armoire graphic will shut, which also closes the container menu. This problem isn't specific to your UI though, the base EC client has this annoyance.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Pinco, is it possible for you to make it where the container for Armoires won't close, when graphically the armoire "doors" shut? If in EC, when you double click and open up an Armoire's container menu, about 10-12 seconds later the "doors" on the Armoire graphic will shut, which also closes the container menu. This problem isn't specific to your UI though, the base EC client has this annoyance.
it's quite annoying, but unfortunately that happens server side... when the doors shut the server send the "close container" request and there is nothing that can be done at that point :(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

Crafting tools aren't taking talisman bonuses into account when displaying Success and Exceptional chances.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco Something is seriously messed up with the crafting system. Half the time the menu tells me I have no tools, and I have to go fiddle with the tool selector multiple times for it to recognize either a tool in my pack or one of the machines.

Its also been telling me that I don't have the resources in my pack to make jewelry...when I'm looking right at them. Its usually the gemstone it whines about being missing, when I have dozens of them in my pack. Sometimes it won't recognize the ingots.

I'm hearing reports of these issues from other people as well :(

The talisman bonuses aren't showing on any crafting menu at this point either...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco Something is seriously messed up with the crafting system. Half the time the menu tells me I have no tools, and I have to go fiddle with the tool selector multiple times for it to recognize either a tool in my pack or one of the machines.

Its also been telling me that I don't have the resources in my pack to make jewelry...when I'm looking right at them. Its usually the gemstone it whines about being missing, when I have dozens of them in my pack. Sometimes it won't recognize the ingots.

I'm hearing reports of these issues from other people as well :(

The talisman bonuses aren't showing on any crafting menu at this point either...
that's a client problem, often it's unable to find stuff in the backpack... the only possible fix is relog but it may quite well not working, also keeping the profile clean can reduce the chance of that happening.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's a client problem, often it's unable to find stuff in the backpack... the only possible fix is relog but it may quite well not working, also keeping the profile clean can reduce the chance of that happening.
Please explain "keeping the profile clean". Exactly how do we do that?