• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New type of pet class with Necro Mastery

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now i know this doesnt involve the taming skill so might be more suited to spellcasting forum. But i love pet classes and templates. Any game i play, im always a pet class if there is one. And this is the tamers board where all the passionate pet class people gather :D.

I love my tamer, I've had him since the start. When i read up about the new necro mastery though the other day it spurred me on to create a new char based around using the necro pets. Now my template is wierd and i was unable to do it how i probaly should have as i've run out of character slots so mixed 2 characters into 1.

Was wondering if anyone here has played about with this yet? and would like to share their experiences?

My template is
120 Wrestle
120 Anatomy
120 Necro
120 Spirit
120 Parry
120 Tactics/Vet ive been switching between.

I run around in horrific beast form constantly punching stuff lol but ive been trying out the necro taming on various undead to see what I can tame.
They all take 2 slots and it can be pretty powerful. The pets gain lifeleech ability with the mastery that helps heal them. You have to gate with them though like dyrad allure, but you can run quite a few screens away, I havent had one release yet apart from when ive recalled across a server line.

You can have 2 skeletal dragons which I started with and they destroy stuff, they don't lose stats when tamed but unfortunately they cast an AoE spell so when I was fighting stuff with them, they attacked eachother and attacked me as Im melee up front fighting with them. Can tame Skeletal drakes too but they have the same problem.

Other undead I've been able to tame are rotting corpses, I had 2 of those the other day and they are nice and tanky to tank monsters. I got 2 revenant lions which dish out alot of damage but cant take alot of damage. One monster that did surprise me was Lady of the Snow, I tamed 2 of them and they are very tanky and very good spellcasters.

One monster I managed to tame was 2 Putrid Undead Gargoyals at the holy city in ter mur, I wet my pants with excitement because they are tanky, cast mystic spells and they summon rising collosus! Had 2 of them summon rising collosus, but if theres no monsters around the collosus attacks them lol. I thought I was onto something major, then as i moved away from holy city my dreams were shattered when i found out they are bound to the holy city location, they teleported themselves back and released. Theres not much big to hunt in that little city either which sucks.

Im continueing to try tame different undeads. I wasnt able to tame any named undeads from Bedlam like Sir Patrick and I couldnt tame Wailing Banshees. Im going to try tame Skeletal Liches at mini champ spawn in Abyss.

One problem with undead monsters is alot of them have necro spells and cast AoE's which makes it a bit of a problem. But a ranged based Necro template with 1 skeletal dragon could work. Thats still alot of damage right there.

But having alot of fun with it at moment and taken up vet to heal them too.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Did the Lady of Snow damage each other? Is there a timer? Sorry for ignorance. I absolutely love this!

EDIT: Why the vet? How'd you get around with the gating?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Gamer_Goblin

Nope the ladies of the snow didnt damage eachother, not that i could see and i was using them for a while. I took vet so i could heal the pets with bandages while im in there fighting with them.

Since Im not mage ive been struggling gating around, ive been having to run to places using the moongates or get friends to come gate me about. Once i reopen my second account could use my other char to taxi me about lol.
Thats why i said this sort of template will probaly work better with a mage char that can gate around.