• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And another, another returning player questions ....

WindyCityKen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
What is a Sampire? I keep hearing references to them.
How do you use a Talisman? I picked one up, but not sure what to do with it?

Thanks

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How do you use a Talisman? I picked one up, but not sure what to do with it?

Thanks
There are many different takes on the Sampire build but mostly it's a character with Necro, Chivy, some sort of Dexer skill like Macing or swords which has a whirlwind capability.. along with anat, tactics.... but usually no healing as you leach life back from what you are killing typically you are in Vampiric Embrace wielding weapons with leaches for mana, life and such....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Interesting, it seems very popular.
It is because it really makes a great PvM character..... until you run up to something that doesn't allow leaching. Some mobs are designed to thwart the build. But for the most part champ spawns and many other things are fairly doable solo with a good Sampire.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Sampire also typically involves a build where the armor had a decent number of regens, and resists designed to compensate for the penalties from being in Vampiric Embrace (the -pire part of the name). Usually, there's also leeches (especially Life Leech) on the weapon to further stack health regain, and some go even further and spam the necro spell that also gives life leech.

One of the alternate forms (which you will probably use training up the Sampire) is the Whammy, which is the same thing, but using Wraith Form. Wraith form also works good on an archer or Garg thrower build.

Talismans are put into your paperdoll in the upper right corner. Ward removal talismans remove buffs, curse removal remove debuffs, and summons produce a critter that follows you around, but doesn't do anything more than guard (if even that). Bandage and ingot summoning ones bring 10 of the items to your pack (a bandage summoning talisman is very handy if insured, or if "owned" (see below). Many also have crafting bonuses (normal chance only and exceptional chance only, or different numbers for both). There's also a few minor artifact, T-map loot, and library donation talismans that have non-standard effects. (the mana phasing orb from T-maps can be clicked to power a special move when your mana's too low, along with a number of useful bonuses, the Totem of the void is a minor artifact that has 10% LMC, ar random combat property and a summon ability, and the library talismans often have skill bonuses - The ones for Bards, Tamers and Alchemists are really good). "Owned By" talismans occur randomly (even for the ones that you get from the library), and become "owned by" (blessed, effectively) for the first person to equip it. These can fetch a premium if not yet bonded to someone and of a popular type.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A sampire is a form of necro warrior that uses Vampire Embrace to leech life as the primary form of healing while fighting. The only requirements to be considered a sampire is 99 necromancy skill for VE and 120 weapons skill. Now most sampires also run 120 Bushido and a combination of parrying and chivalry. There are numerous templates which are viable. Check out the Warrior Forums for discussions on sampires.

-OBSIDIAN-

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thats my basic Sampire, its 10 Points short on Anatomy or Chiv you can have either or, id say 70 chiv was probably better than 80 Anatomy.