• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions about Enhancing.

Ralf

Visitor
Greetings,

Could you tell me why, when I'm trying to enhance some items (looted on monsters, not crafted), the game is telling me that the item is already enhanced ? I couldn't find the the similarity among these items.

It is happening very often, maybe because of the rarity of the item I'm trying to enhance ?

Here's an exemple, with an item I just looted on a random monster :

Of course, it's happening with tailoring or bowcraft too.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I've seen that before, but always assumed that it was because the items were already overcap (cap on any 1 resist is 15+the base for that piece) on at least 1 resist, but this doesn't seem to be the case here. Plate is 53232, so you would be able to imbue then enhance that piece, at least from a resists stand point.

Maybe the problem is that it counts properties? Enhancing here would give you 7 properties total. Then again, you can enhance with heartwood to get a 6th without issue.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Looks like it would be because the Item count is 5+ ?!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess would be that it is because the item is 'Antique'. A designation which conveys certain negative aspects to the piece which would be, I suppose, the opposite of enhancement.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Well, there is no shortage of antique items we could test this on...

Ralf

Visitor
I'm very surprised, I was pretty sure this was a known issue.

For your information, and if that could help, the "antique" tag has nothing to do with the problem (Yesterday coudn't enhance 4 of the 6 items I looted, and none of them had this tag).
Nor should the overcap be the reason (I tried to change the type of material, exemple : adding gold ore to an item with 0 in luck. Still stuck).

The number of properties is something I should explore more. I will try this evening.

Thx again.