• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll, what would make you play Siege?

What would make you play Siege?

• Total voters

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Lets work together to get the fun back :)
More players are an important factor, the question is, how do we get them, without making Siege to Prodo.
We need to find out, why Siege players do give up.

We know to few players are bad but what else do make players stop playing Siege.

Any one in this thread, if you tried, what made you stop?

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I dont think there is going to be a way to create a balance. It seems to intrest people into playing Siege you have to change what makes Siege Siege. For me its just not seeing any one in game for days on end. I guess you could call me one of the bad players here because I do want to PK players and loot there stuff, but I would be ok if I couldnt loot, just sayin. Furthermore I can vouch for @kelmo being bad at pvp.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I dont think there is going to be a way to create a balance. It seems to intrest people into playing Siege you have to change what makes Siege Siege. For me its just not seeing any one in game for days on end. I guess you could call me one of the bad players here because I do want to PK players and loot there stuff, but I would be ok if I couldnt loot, just sayin. Furthermore I can vouch for @kelmo being bad at pvp.
You a part of what make Siege Siege. There is no good without evil, we need fear to be a part of the game. The problem we have is, it's to hard for both you and your victims to replace items and that's what should be fixed.

Long ago, a red stopped up, when he saw my char Tina Tink, looked at her, then he said something "I have given you many customers". He had seen Tina Tink's name on so many of the items he looted.

We need the crafters to be able to stock their vendors with suits from 10k to 100k, where the one to 100k should be useful for PvP like old GM armor was. We did have better items from loot, but you could PvP in a GM suit.

Drop vendor fee, drop 3x prices, increase drop of everything from resources to artifacts, add recall with a delay and make it 2-3 char slot and I'm sure it will make a diff and you can PvP and loot.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think my goal was to make a Siege pvp like Atlantic pvp. It might have happend that way, I guess we will never know. Even when I started here there werent that many people pvp'n. You might fight the same group of guys every day, but it was way more entertaining than running from 5 Archers spamming AI with 210 stamina all the time. Maybe I just want a little of the fun back like when I first started playing Siege or maybe I should just close my account.
Of course, you know what allows people to have that 210 stamina and enough LRC and mana to chain AI day in and day out...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's nothing wrong with being a bad guy. That's part of what makes siege a good experience, the fact that you can CHOOSE to be a bad guy. You can't on regular shards. Plus you accept that you are playing the bad guy role. You aren't trying to kill people then like... hang out and be buddies with them after allowing them to loot their own **** back, like you're doing them a big favor.

As for the deadness of the shard, I think everyone hates it, but I don't think insurance would fix it or even help substantially. It would just **** the economy, and create a massive power gap.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think Siege would have more people not stealthing to avoid detection and there would be less hard feelings when you do get killed if there was insurance. In my opinion, the number of people available to fight would generally increase. This seems in line with those who are looking for more to attack, those who want the old time experience of running with risk of being attacked anytime/anywhere, and encourages those who are house hidding to get out and adventure on the shard.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Siege would have more people not stealthing to avoid detection and there would be less hard feelings when you do get killed if there was insurance. In my opinion, the number of people available to fight would generally increase. This seems in line with those who are looking for more to attack, those who want the old time experience of running with risk of being attacked anytime/anywhere, and encourages those who are house hidding to get out and adventure on the shard.
I don't think it would impact stealth that much. Insurance wouldn't make people ok with being killed and having whatever was not insured taken, and their gameplay further disrupted than just stealthing away. It would put a greater barrier on competitive pvp because the uber suits that we currently don't have would start appearing, which would also give potential pk victims even less of a chance to escape, crafted suits would move from hard to sell to unsellable, inflation would kick into high gear as the uber pieces start to narrow the market on valuable items... in other words crapping all over a lot of the elements that make siege fun and unique, and a place that current players want to play in.

This is all of course predicated on the notion that everyone is stealthing (I don't think that's even remotely the case anymore, I personally havent used stealth in years) or hiding in their houses, which I don't think is an accurate assessment of the situation at present. The active players are out running spawns and **** daily, at least they were when I was last active like 2 months ago, pks just don't show up, because there are only like 5 of them to cover a dozen land masses, and they all have jobs or school so they can't be online raiding at noon.

Gearing is an issue (albiet not a game breaking one), but insurance isn't the solution. It might be good for the pvp all the time crowd, but that is really nowhere near a majority of the shard, everyone else (that doesn't just up and quit) it's questionable how it would improve their quality of life and the overall life of the shard.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Well said Rat dude... thingy.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There's nothing wrong with being a bad guy. That's part of what makes siege a good experience, the fact that you can CHOOSE to be a bad guy. You can't on regular shards. Plus you accept that you are playing the bad guy role. You aren't trying to kill people then like... hang out and be buddies with them after allowing them to loot their own **** back, like you're doing them a big favor.

As for the deadness of the shard, I think everyone hates it, but I don't think insurance would fix it or even help substantially. It would just **** the economy, and create a massive power gap.
I came to Siege to be PK like I used to be back in the day. Im not ashamed of the fact it is my playstyle, and your right im not playing to make friends. I want to kill you and take your stuff plain and simple. If people really want to keep fighting 20 year old monster AI without any fear of being attacked by another player on prodo thats fine this shard will continue to die. Do I think that adding insurance to Siege would give the people that want to the chance to pvm with adding some excitement from murderers raiding, and having to defend themselves, but still able to keep their suits? Im not really sure about that anymore. I dont know what would work at this point, and the complete and utter silence from any dev comment is depressing to say the least. I truely believe if Siege had been left out of every expansion/change since before AoS this thread would be about trying to get people to play Atlantic.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Nothing is stopping you from being a PK.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came to Siege to be PK like I used to be back in the day. Im not ashamed of the fact it is my playstyle, and your right im not playing to make friends. I want to kill you and take your stuff plain and simple. If people really want to keep fighting 20 year old monster AI without any fear of being attacked by another player on prodo thats fine this shard will continue to die. Do I think that adding insurance to Siege would give the people that want to the chance to pvm with adding some excitement from murderers raiding, and having to defend themselves, but still able to keep their suits? Im not really sure about that anymore. I dont know what would work at this point, and the complete and utter silence from any dev comment is depressing to say the least. I truely believe if Siege had been left out of every expansion/change since before AoS this thread would be about trying to get people to play Atlantic.
I don't understand your logic, I guess. You act like people on siege are safe because of mechanics not because there just aren't many players, and to increase their danger... you want to make it so they don't lose their items. In reality, people are only as safe as YOU and other PK's allow them to be, they are being offered no protection by the game mechanics. Heck I bet Gil is out running a spawn litterally as I type this...

You also complain about uber suits on Atlantic making your life a pain, but ignore the fact that those suits only exist because of insurance, and would exist on siege as soon as insurance was instated.

If you want to be a PK (read a PK not a pvper) the way things are right now is the better scenario for you. You will be targeting unsuspecting pvmers, and when you kill them you will be getting all of their stuff. Gearing shouldn't be an issue for a pk, as you really shouldn't be dying, unless you **** up.

With insurance when you kill someone you wont get anything of value. There is no way you won't be getting vastly less loot when you kill someone. Not to mention the fact that if any anti-pks/guild enforceres are around, they are going to have that uber gear that was spoiling your time on atlantic as they will have the full force of a pvm guild behind them assuring that they have uber **** on. That means you will also have to get that uber stuff, or risk getting killed more often.

I really feel like you are arguing against your own interests here. The notion seems to be that insurance = more activity and it might, but only for pvpers. Not PKS not pvmers... It's not going to draw any new people to the shard. The same few people will be out there (assuming the idea of insurance doesn't make them quit) doing the same stuff they always do, they just won't be dropping loot anymore. I would be willing to bet everything I own on the shard on that.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I somehow got drawn into another lets change Siege post. I could have been looking for a fight on Siege with all this wasted time, I might have gotten one by now. I think.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im way late to this but ill ad my two cents.

I really like siege, I think its a blast to play. However, its not quite the nostalgia im looking for. I would prefer if siege was exactly how UO was released. NO custom houses, no new arties, nothing. I want it exactly how UO was released.

Then I would play it solely and give up on all other shards.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Gearing is an issue (albiet not a game breaking one), but insurance isn't the solution. It might be good for the pvp all the time crowd, but that is really nowhere near a majority of the shard, everyone else (that doesn't just up and quit) it's questionable how it would improve their quality of life and the overall life of the shard.
I disagree with this notion. I don't prefer to PvP. I like to PvM to the max. For my characters and playstyle I want to run the best gear against the hardest monsters in the most extreme way. My templates are very lopsided in the PvM arena and don't fare well against a PvP oriented attacker. Not to mention, the entire goal of my gameplay is to gear my characters with better and better gear by defeating the toughest monsters.

Now that said, I like to spawn and I am happy running into PKs. I tangle with them as I encounter them. I do this all of the time on the prodo shards. Most often then not, however, I loose to their optimized fighting style and their optimized PvP suit. To play Siege means I have to compromise this approach and run less than optimized suits and templates. I don't want to go after mediocrity which is why I tried Siege and came back to the prodo shards. Insurance is the solution that would get me to play on Siege, because I like many other aspects of this shard better than the Prodo shards. And even if the PKs were further optimized, If I lost to them I still would not loose all of my hard earned winnings in one random encounter. It is recoverable.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree with this notion. I don't prefer to PvP. I like to PvM to the max. For my characters and playstyle I want to run the best gear against the hardest monsters in the most extreme way. My templates are very lopsided in the PvM arena and don't fare well against a PvP oriented attacker. Not to mention, the entire goal of my gameplay is to gear my characters with better and better gear by defeating the toughest monsters.

Now that said, I like to spawn and I am happy running into PKs. I tangle with them as I encounter them. I do this all of the time on the prodo shards. Most often then not, however, I loose to their optimized fighting style and their optimized PvP suit. To play Siege means I have to compromise this approach and run less than optimized suits and templates. I don't want to go after mediocrity which is why I tried Siege and came back to the prodo shards. Insurance is the solution that would get me to play on Siege, because I like many other aspects of this shard better than the Prodo shards. And even if the PKs were further optimized, If I lost to them I still would not loose all of my hard earned winnings in one random encounter. It is recoverable.
I just don't see how siege would be that different from fel on a prodo shard with slower skill gain if you would add in insurance. A lot of the good parts of siege are dependent at least in part on item loss, such as the good economy (well theoretically at this point since the pop is so low), lack of power creep, good community... All of these things (which I think are the best elements of siege myself) would be diminished by insurance. We might draw in a few players, but we would surely lose plenty as well.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I somehow got drawn into another lets change Siege post. I could have been looking for a fight on Siege with all this wasted time, I might have gotten one by now. I think.
We just fighted for 4 hours in VvV and you missed it. * Shake head*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I was there.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So was I and a lot more
Susie [GIL] [VvV]
Sprago the Gladiator [VvV]
Kheloth [HOoO] [VvV]
Mish o sha [TDO*] [VvV]
Boolean [GIL] [VvV]
Dark Star [B^A] [VvV]
Mistress Mayhem [GIL]
Morgan Ironfist Duke of New Magincia [VvV]
dyno [GIL] [VvV]
WhiteWitch [TDO*] [VvV]
Richard Garriott [GIL] [VvV]
You see: Pinkerton [MAD!] [VvV]
You see: Hoffs [GIL] [VvV]
T.K [VvV]
Gu'Jek [B^A]
Bishor [CLAN] [VvV]
Wegandi [CLAN] [VvV
Pinkerton [MAD!] [VvV]
Brutus [GIL] [VvV]
Luka Melehan the Biologist [VvV]
Lady Julia Boin [B^A] [VvV]
Baby Doll [IPKU]
Man o waR [RES] [VvV]
Tom Blackoak [TBB] [VvV]
Max Blackoak [TBB] [VvV]
Lady Becca [GIL] [VvV] and Turbo Turtle :p
Nambo [CLAN] [VvV]
Parser [R-C] [VvV]
Delores Duende [GIL] [VvV]
Madison De Mer [L*H] [VvV]
Sargaza [CLAN]

Sorry if I forgot some

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I truely believe if Siege had been left out of every expansion/change since before AoS this thread would be about trying to get people to play Atlantic.
While I don't agree, this is such a marvelous turn of phrase that captures the feelings of so many people. Although this may sound nuts, sometimes you can be profound without being right.

Yes, as Freja said, there was a massive battle tonight. Kelmo was indeed there. Finally got to meet him. My guy, Aethelred, was simply trying to work his skills to a point where he'd needn't fear Dark Wisps. He took no part this time.

Comms were crackling. Distress, frustration, but nobody was rage logging. Freja, as you might expect, was stoic....oh so stoic. Regarding one terrible situation she said, "It's our time to die."

But I'm rambling here. Risk doesn't sell. Reward does. You WANT to be the person with a high tolerance for risk. Yeah, the risk on Siege is not huge; it's seen as huge. But you can't deny there is indeed risk there.

Yet what conceivable risk is there to creating a character on Siege and just trying it out? To hell with hypotheticals or manufactured objections. For me this isn't nostalgia. You get that magic just once. Got the memories, thanks. I simply want to play one of the few games left worth playing without feeling I'm sleep walking through it.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I like yer style, Ansel.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any one in this thread, if you tried, what made you stop?
Ghost towns everywhere. Not seeing a single player in hours of running around towns. I rather play the game to have fun with people instead of sticking to a dead-end ruleset that only a small fraction of stealthers seems to like.

Plus there is basically no intent to hunt for the current content, as you won't wear stuff due to lack of insurance anyways.

Maybe Siege people should rather try Atlantic and see how fun it can be to actually see people running around doing things. But honestly I couldnt care less :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ghost towns everywhere. Not seeing a single player in hours of running around towns. I rather play the game to have fun with people instead of sticking to a dead-end ruleset that only a small fraction of stealthers seems to like.
Stealthers can be a problem, I don't know how many we have, who still use stealth, now where the shard seem less dangerous.

Plus there is basically no intent to hunt for the current content, as you won't wear stuff due to lack of insurance anyways.
It's more, that it take to long time to get the drop from spawn, I do believe Siege players use the items if they have them, even when they may not be able to bless them.

Maybe Siege people should rather try Atlantic and see how fun it can be to actually see people running around doing things. But honestly I couldnt care less :p
Problem here is, we want to play more than just one facet and I have tried, but Trammel feels so damn safe for me, that I log again after 5 min. I do understand, a lot of you feel to unsafe on Siege and that make you logout again.
If I only had Trammel and one Fel facet, I believe I would stop playing. so no, that would not work for me.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am actually wearing the stuff even if I know that I can lose it. You can hunt and craft new stuff. Siege has such a mature, decent and helping community. I am stunned. Why should I care for stuff, when I can play the game as is was meant to be? In my 10andmore years in UO I achieved everything, earned bazillions of gold, had all the items and houses I wished. And now with 40 years I am coming back for the simple things, which make this game so lovely.

Plus: This is the only shard I know, where economy does not suck and isn't a hyper-capitalist bubble-monster. Here you can actually afford you stuff simply with your looted gold. Fantastic!

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What if instead of adding insurance they just increased the # of personal blessed Items. Say they give you six, now you can bless artifacts for your suit (Slither, conj garb, tangle, lt sash, quiver, boots) but can't bless your armor, or vice versa. Still run the risk of dropping things without having to rebuild your entire suit from scratch.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
... but Trammel feels so damn safe for me, that I log again after 5 min. I do understand, a lot of you feel to unsafe on Siege and that make you logout again.
If I only had Trammel and one Fel facet, I believe I would stop playing. so no, that would not work for me.
Nah, thats not what I was trying to say. I didnt feel unsafe when on Siege (except for dark wisps of course :p). I just felt alone. Its more unsafe to go to a spawn on Atlantic than standing naked near WBB on Siege. Lets be realistic here..

If you cant stand more than 5 minutes on production shards just because of the Trammel part, I am inclined to think you have no interest in interacting with players anyway (apart from killing them, right?). Its everybodys free choice: Alone on Siege feeling the thrill (what thrill? lol) or going where the people are for at least a bit of an MMO feeling.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If you cant stand more than 5 minutes on production shards just because of the Trammel part, I am inclined to think you have no interest in interacting with players anyway (apart from killing them, right?). Its everybodys free choice: Alone on Siege feeling the thrill (what thrill? lol) or going where the people are for at least a bit of an MMO feeling.
That's sure not true and everyone who know me will tell you than.
Yes I did PK in the past, but I did RP too and I did it to interact with my victims. The last years, I only kill players or try, if attacked or if in a battle VvV town, where I'm expected to attack to protect/claim the alter.
I do craft, stock my vendors, give away stuff to newbies, try to make events if my RL allow me. What I love most are to interact and to help players.

Nah, thats not what I was trying to say. I didnt feel unsafe when on Siege (except for dark wisps of course :p). I just felt alone. Its more unsafe to go to a spawn on Atlantic than standing naked near WBB on Siege. Lets be realistic here..
I too would love to see more players, but WBB is not the place to find players on Siege unless active VvV town

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like shards which are not so loud, crowded and rough.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I know exactly what you're saying and exactly what you mean.....because I left a shard with far more people than Siege to go to Atlantic. I promptly joined what is likely the largest guild in the game, loved the look of green guild chat text filling the buffer and lots of folks in TeamSpeak - and not just for "My dot! My dot!" tactical purposes. I love the two Ms in M-M-O :)

Yet at times I felt I was sleep walking due to the required repetition. Folks seize on the high value activities because they must. How else are you going to afford those 300 million gold legendary Ninja Mitts? Or get the drops du jour? More than that, though, you feel out of sync with your friends if you're not doing those things.

And, perhaps it's just me, it doesn't feel all that social when the Slither drops into my backpack after farming, say, Medusa for days with the same group of friends. An odd silence comes over the group. It's not a group win.

There's nothing bad or evil going on. It's active, you can't help but know it's active, and you can easily imagine that this game never went into decline when you're there.

But what I'm finding - even though I'm new - on Siege is a sense of intimacy of a very different sort. By definition and rule set I gave up NOTHING to go there. And everything I acquire and everyone I meet feels heightened in a way quite different than the usual MMO experience. It's moving to the frontier with a frontier feel. People are not anti-social; they're simply seeking a different core game experience.

So, once a week I run a two hour event with my guild on Atlantic....well it takes time to prepare of course and time to cull the screen shots and write the humorous after action report. But the rest of the time I'm going to live on Siege and build my tamer up. There are no bad shards or good shards. Each has its own culture and, although I usually HATE this word, Siege has a vibe very different from the others. I'd really be missing something if I failed to experience it....it's something I've been missing for awhile :)

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My archer is currently running around with an Enchantress' Cameo...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm glad you like it so far and I'm very happy, you decided to try out our shard.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do. I do on the rare occasions I have something good to wear. I know other people do too. You lose it. So what? Get something else. People absolutely hunt everything you hunt on prodo shards.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My archer is currently running around with an Enchantress' Cameo...
True freedom beginns at that very moment when you let go and stop to care for material stuff

And that's the point where peace comes in your soul and the fun begins.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's sure not true and everyone who know me will tell you than.
Yes I did PK in the past, but I did RP too and I did it to interact with my victims. The last years, I only kill players or try, if attacked or if in a battle VvV town, where I'm expected to attack to protect/claim the alter.
I do craft, stock my vendors, give away stuff to newbies, try to make events if my RL allow me. What I love most are to interact and to help players.
Fair enough, I probably was a bit over the top with this. Of course I know about your efforts with NEW2 and the like and how passionate you are about your home shard :) I just disagree sometimes with your statements :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Magic, what about 32 VvV fighting from several guilds for 4 hours without res killing, pancakes and looting on a shard where almost everything can be looted:p

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made same poll on Siege but want to ask here too.
I know some of you gave up Siege and some may want to give it a try.
What changes to Siege would make you give it a try? You can choose so many options as you want.

Here is the options, I cutted some to one line in the poll:

- 2 char slots
- 5-7 char slots

- Recall with a delay like gate spell have
- Gating from book with 0 magery

- Normal shards vendor prices, do away with 3 x prices
- Less Vendor fee

- Have the Felucca bonus to luck, fame and resourceson all facets
- Turn on everything. (tots, farties, arties) every kind of special drop stuff turn it all on. but make it where you have to goto certain spots to farm specific items.
- Better resist on items, increase basis resist on both monster drop and crafted items
- reimplement the VvV artifacts but make them lootable and usable by anyone to prevent those bad PKs from getting too much of an edge...

- add Item Insurance
- add maybe 3-4 more siege blessings. this way you can wear those extra fancy pieces like a crimmy and a slither. This would help everyone. farmers can farm and than these items would actually sell.
- Add option to Siege bless one item for each item slot onthe paperdoll = a suit with weapon/spellbook and one item not in a slot, could be a pet ball or a music item or a crafting tools

- Nerf stealthing. Give the option of auto detect if you have
the detect hidden kill, and when one is revealed make them stay revealed as long the line of sight is not broken.

- Less ghost houses, if house owner had not logged into the shard for 90 days, let house fall

- Reduce landmass. Remove t2a and put the peerless in felucca. remove ilshenar and put necessary dungeons or encounters (exodus) elsewhere.

- Rot - all timers set to 3-5 minutes. waitin more than 5 minutes for a gain is silly.

- get rid of pardons and royal forged pardons. Bring back the true (red) PKs!

- Governors, have a total of only 8 towns this would be for the entire shard. Governors control town, they set prices, guards, let them hire a finance minster to help. governor would control if town was vvv capable, if not it would cost more money.

- Make Return to Britain be active permenent on Siege (no house placing). That would help returning players and we could help them with the dread account management system.
L

I made same poll on Siege but want to ask here too.
I know some of you gave up Siege and some may want to give it a try.
What changes to Siege would make you give it a try? You can choose so many options as you want.

Here is the options, I cutted some to one line in the poll:

- 2 char slots
- 5-7 char slots

- Recall with a delay like gate spell have
- Gating from book with 0 magery

- Normal shards vendor prices, do away with 3 x prices
- Less Vendor fee

- Have the Felucca bonus to luck, fame and resourceson all facets
- Turn on everything. (tots, farties, arties) every kind of special drop stuff turn it all on. but make it where you have to goto certain spots to farm specific items.
- Better resist on items, increase basis resist on both monster drop and crafted items
- reimplement the VvV artifacts but make them lootable and usable by anyone to prevent those bad PKs from getting too much of an edge...

- add Item Insurance
- add maybe 3-4 more siege blessings. this way you can wear those extra fancy pieces like a crimmy and a slither. This would help everyone. farmers can farm and than these items would actually sell.
- Add option to Siege bless one item for each item slot onthe paperdoll = a suit with weapon/spellbook and one item not in a slot, could be a pet ball or a music item or a crafting tools

- Nerf stealthing. Give the option of auto detect if you have
the detect hidden kill, and when one is revealed make them stay revealed as long the line of sight is not broken.

- Less ghost houses, if house owner had not logged into the shard for 90 days, let house fall

- Reduce landmass. Remove t2a and put the peerless in felucca. remove ilshenar and put necessary dungeons or encounters (exodus) elsewhere.

- Rot - all timers set to 3-5 minutes. waitin more than 5 minutes for a gain is silly.

- get rid of pardons and royal forged pardons. Bring back the true (red) PKs!

- Governors, have a total of only 8 towns this would be for the entire shard. Governors control town, they set prices, guards, let them hire a finance minster to help. governor would control if town was vvv capable, if not it would cost more money.

- Make Return to Britain be active permenent on Siege (no house placing). That would help returning players and we could help them with the dread account management system.
All these things would be great, none of them would be enough to keep me playing siege. Just not enough activity or population. Rename siege on the log in screen to atlantic or make siege the only option for new accounts.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
voted 5-7 slotsbut think 3-5 would be better and less land mass

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When will we see you on Siege Frodo *Evil Grin*

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Magic, what about 32 VvV fighting from several guilds for 4 hours without res killing, pancakes and looting on a shard where almost everything can be looted:p
Kind of sounds like you all want to play on a shard with full loot, but only get any real action when every one agrees not to loot. Am I missing something here? Might as well have insurance. Although I wouldnt say im for it or against it at this point. As half those names on that list you never see doing VvV solo.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
So you are not a paying player now?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Kind of sounds like you all want to play on a shard with full loot, but only get any real action when every one agrees not to loot. Am I missing something here? Might as well have insurance. Although I wouldnt say im for it or against it at this point. As half those names on that list you never see doing VvV solo.
No, when I called it magic, it's because it only take a little VvV noob of a looter to break the magic. Even when we agree to not loot, we can't be sure it will not happen.
We make the choice not to loot, it's not a system rule, that stop us from looting.
Lets say, you join the fun and start to loot, what will happen? We may stop the event or we may choose to keep you dead and go on with the event.