• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this blade possible....

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the blade possible to be crafted and if so, how much?

Reforged of course - not imbued

A rune blade with:

Hit Mana Leech>80%
Hit Life Leech>80%
Hit Fatigue >49%
Spell Channeling
Self Repair 5
Damage Increase >40%
Physical Damage 100%

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It is theoretically possible, but the problem is you've got 7 properties, so you'd have to reforge with a valorite hammer. You want to choose the "vampiric" title, but I am not even sure you can with a valorite hammer, and probably exquisite too. I would put the chances of getting this particular mix of attributes somewhere in the 1 in 10,000 range - so to be safe, you probably want to have 100,000 charges of Val hammers laying around.

So, I would put the price on such a weapon somewhere in the 10B range if you wanted to pay me to make it.

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is theoretically possible, but the problem is you've got 7 properties, so you'd have to reforge with a valorite hammer. You want to choose the "vampiric" title, but I am not even sure you can with a valorite hammer, and probably exquisite too. I would put the chances of getting this particular mix of attributes somewhere in the 1 in 10,000 range - so to be safe, you probably want to have 100,000 charges of Val hammers laying around.

So, I would put the price on such a weapon somewhere in the 10B range if you wanted to pay me to make it.
YIKES!!

If I remove the Fatigue would it make it more reasonable? What would you change if you were making it?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I'm not even totally sure that it is possible at all now. I thought a rune blade was 3.25 or slower, which would mean that 81% H(L or M)L was the cap, meaning you weren't looking for overcapped properties. Now that I see that a rune blade is 3.0, that means that 80% hit leech is overcapped. (cap on a 3.0s speed is 75%).

I know that 2 overcapped properties aren't possible with anything less than an agapite hammer, and even with agapite, in 100s of attempts I don't recall ever getting 2 overcap. My suspicion is that if it is possible at all, 1 in 10,000 is still a reasonable idea to have for your chances.

Which is to say, that it isn't even practically possible. The ~4000 valorite hammers you'd need to make these 10k attempts mean you need 8,000,000 valorite ingots to acquire them. At a going rate of 1,000 gold per val ingot (probably low), that is 8B in raw materials.

Not to mention the need for 4000 LBODs with plate (any will do, they all bribe to 20 exc val...) If the going rate for SBODs is 1k per BOD, and the ratio of SBOD:LBOG is 100:1, then each LBOD must be worth 100K. Each plate LBOD then is 106K, not including the cost of bribing them up to 20 exc val (not cheap, at least several 100k per bod). Lets say, then, that each BOD is worth 500k by the time it is ready to be filled to turn into a hammer (this is probably low). Then that is another 2B in deeds. Since we already know that valorite ingots are scarce, I wouldn't want to lose any to making regular items and needing to re-smelt; so I will need to use Ancient smith hammers. I believe that 80 items per deed will need to be made with Ancient hammers. That is 32k items. At 500 uses per hammer, that is 64 various Ancient hammers. The problem here is, that all these hammers will need LBODs to fill (can get +10s with smalls... but they need val ingots, which we already need), which is a lot of work too. So lets assume that we can find each of these hammers for 200k - this is another 12M in raw materials.

Now we are up to 10B+ in raw materials.

What is a fair markup for labor of turning these raw materials into thousands of runeblades?

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RNG could be kind and you could get it on the first reforge attempt :) the question would remain if your charge would still be 10b+, as your effort and resource cost would be significantly smaller

Your breakdown is probably more realistic however :)

Perhaps this runeblade shall only live in two places - your dreams and potentially the test center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The problem is, it must be a reforge - because when you imbue, you lose self-repair. The slower the weapon, the more HLL and HML it can hold - so something like a halberd getting 80 HML isn't overcapped. This would be your best hope, but I would still think that this would be very rare.