• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grass tiles on new floor stone pavers

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hi all,

i might found a bug here, i tried to decorate my roof with grass tiles which i drop on the new created floor pavers and lock them down as usual, after relogging they are either below the floor tiles or in my moving create...

anybody seen this also?

@Kyronix can this be fixed?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hi all,

i might found a bug here, i tried to decorate my roof with grass tiles which i drop on the new created floor pavers and lock them down as usual, after relogging they are either below the floor tiles or in my moving create...

anybody seen this also?

use the housing tool raise them up once or twice this will keep them from falling under the floor pavers.
no idea why going into the moving crate

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hi all,

anybody seen this also?

As mentioned you can use the interior decorator to raise them on top of the pavers. The height restrictions are working as intended.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
LOL Kyronix. :) Confirmed the as designed comment thing. It's not really a bug or problem, but that tickled my funny bone a bit. You guys rock.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
well... good to know that stuff you put on the ground is then in reality below the ground but @Kyronix thanks for the information.
got also a benefit, i can sell my grasstiles

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well... good to know that stuff you put on the ground is then in reality below the ground but @Kyronix thanks for the information.
got also a benefit, i can sell my grasstiles
Im sure they may call it intentional but they had no clue it would effect grass tiles or snow tiles the way it has. You think trying to put them high is a probleM? try selling them, they wont go on a vendor lol. Another staff "update" "fix" that caused problems else where in the game.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Scribbles:
i spent several hours to plan the whole construction and built it. to find out in the end when i decorate that all is in vain as these ****ing grass tiles act different as on a normal house roof.... yeehhaaa

@Lady Michelle
from what i can see is that the normal height limit is 75 (ofc you can go to 112 with goza etc) but grass tiles will get pushed in the moving create.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Place a ladder any where on your roof climb it then raise tiles. The higher you are the higher your able to raise things.
Yes but after server down, they will be in your moving crates if higher than 75 :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix Maybe you can tell me if this is intended. I raise the floor tiles to make a roof to the maximum allowed height. No exploit involved to raise them higher than allowed. All my roof tiles disappeared. They were even with the top of the craftable walls. Or to make it more clear you were able to walk off the roof cause there wasn't a wall lip to stop one from doing so. My plants, teleporter, and light house stayed but the roof tiles split town. It seems they were legally placed but they're gone now. Why? :) To the OP it's the same with flowers/plants also. They will fall under the floor regardless of how high the floor is, doesn't need to be a maximum height or whatever. Same fix. Raise them a notch with a decorator tool. Wouldn't it be great if you could shift left and right with the deco tool? That would be awesome.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I guess one could say that things sinking into the floor is working as intended regardless of height? That sounds a tad goofy :)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Maybe you can tell me if this is intended. I raise the floor tiles to make a roof to the maximum allowed height. No exploit involved to raise them higher than allowed. All my roof tiles disappeared. They were even with the top of the craftable walls. Or to make it more clear you were able to walk off the roof cause there wasn't a wall lip to stop one from doing so. My plants, teleporter, and light house stayed but the roof tiles split town. It seems they were legally placed but they're gone now. Why? :) To the OP it's the same with flowers/plants also. They will fall under the floor regardless of how high the floor is, doesn't need to be a maximum height or whatever. Same fix. Raise them a notch with a decorator tool. Wouldn't it be great if you could shift left and right with the deco tool? That would be awesome.
There is a hard cap on the height that the pavers, walls etc can be placed. The reason for this is that Britannia is not infinitely tall, and eventually your character (as well as walls) will bump their head on the roof of the world and you won't be able to go anywhere, as long as causing some other issues. If the tiles are disappearing (they should be placed in the moving crate) they are too high.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There is a hard cap on the height that the pavers, walls etc can be placed. The reason for this is that Britannia is not infinitely tall, and eventually your character (as well as walls) will bump their head on the roof of the world and you won't be able to go anywhere, as long as causing some other issues. If the tiles are disappearing (they should be placed in the moving crate) they are too high.
I appreciate the moving crate tip! Never thought about looking there. I haven't fixed it yet so that was lucky on my part. Captain Lucky after all! ;) That was a good idea! :) I was kinda thinking that if the floors can be legally raised to the point they disappear maybe that's a consideration. It's one of those deals that it's happened to me once so I'll know better next time. But it's a little goofy. Not that's it's a deal breaker or intolerable situation. Just seemed to be the right thread to comment on it :) Not sure why the floor tiles would go to the crate and other stuff would remain at the same height and not go there also. Like the teleporter tile. But I'm not going to spend a lot of time thinking about it either lol

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Be
To be honest you dont bump your head. You go down below your house... you can actually create a basement if you are talented enough. :) But you guys probably know nothing about that.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Be

To be honest you dont bump your head. You go down below your house... you can actually create a basement if you are talented enough. :) But you guys probably know nothing about that.
I'm almost positive UO offered basements at one time. You could buy them and be placed by a GM. Maybe it was just an opium dream lol

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm almost positive UO offered basements at one time. You could buy them and be placed by a GM. Maybe it was just an opium dream lol

haha, that damn opium... yeah basically if you take a goza mat and keep going you can eventually make it go below your house by 10 z cords...

I make this statement not under the influence of anything but coffee. :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
haha, that damn opium... yeah basically if you take a goza mat and keep going you can eventually make it go below your house by 10 z cords...

I make this statement not under the influence of anything but coffee. :)
Okay now you have tiles at "10 z" or whatever.... how do you get into the basement? Do you walk the gozas up like steps and it throws you down into the basement or something? I don't think I would want to do this but it's interesting. Gozas have many useful applications but they seem to exist is a rule set of their own lol

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay now you have tiles at "10 z" or whatever.... how do you get into the basement? Do you walk the gozas up like steps and it throws you down into the basement or something? I don't think I would want to do this but it's interesting. Gozas have many useful applications but they seem to exist is a rule set of their own lol
yeah you can be quite creative with them. Basically you can raise the gozas to max height (where @Kyronix says you hit your head) you wont be able to walk on that goza any more. However you can still raise it up 9 more z cords. (z cords are height, z and y are long lat) When you get to the actual max height of the game the goza will seemingly disappear. However if you take a house tele and do the same thing, you will notice it doesnt disappear but rather it starts over at the bottom. if you then use the house tele you end up underneath your house. if you take another character and go into the first floor of the house you can see someone is clearly below you but you cant see them. :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
yeah you can be quite creative with them. Basically you can raise the gozas to max height (where @Kyronix says you hit your head) you wont be able to walk on that goza any more. However you can still raise it up 9 more z cords. (z cords are height, z and y are long lat) When you get to the actual max height of the game the goza will seemingly disappear. However if you take a house tele and do the same thing, you will notice it doesnt disappear but rather it starts over at the bottom. if you then use the house tele you end up underneath your house. if you take another character and go into the first floor of the house you can see someone is clearly below you but you cant see them. :)
The things people come up with in UO never fails to amaze me :) Thanks for the info!