• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spell focusing sash

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does this actual mean when you click on it says like -30% damage modifier when you first click on it. Also as time passes it seems the percentage becomes less. Thank you

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It's a gimmicky old event item, you start with the first 5 or 10 of your spells doing less damage and then the next 5 or 10 do more. It's basically just there for stats.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thx not really worth wearing compared to the other sash I was wearing.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thx not really worth wearing compared to the other sash I was wearing.
It's really worth it actually. Depends what you use it for. What's the application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was using with my mystic /mage/spellweaver, was hoping to increase the strength of the RC .

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No spell Sash won't increase any summons it increases direct damage. So for 5 spells at the end you get an additional 20 spell damage increase. So if your killing something and it in word of death range you cast up the sash till its 120% modifier and it will do a bunch more damage

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh ok so increases SDI if you go in the proper sequence ok I will try it out thx.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No spell Sash won't increase any summons it increases direct damage. So for 5 spells at the end you get an additional 20 spell damage increase. So if your killing something and it in word of death range you cast up the sash till its 120% modifier and it will do a bunch more damage

Does this sash work w/ SW spells, also? I have tried and it does not seem to advance...

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this sash work w/ SW spells, also? I have tried and it does not seem to advance...
Might seem silly but did you enable the sash? Single click and then click enable. If you did and it's not tuning spells I'm not 100% sure. But I would assume word of death is increased with sdi I would imagine the sash would work

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each new target will reset the cycle, so AoE spells will reset your focus if they hit other targets.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Might seem silly but did you enable the sash? Single click and then click enable. If you did and it's not tuning spells I'm not 100% sure. But I would assume word of death is increased with sdi I would imagine the sash would work

When I first posted, I had no idea re how the spells should be SDI spells.... since then, I have tested the item again, only casting WoD or SW AoE spells and being careful to not include more than 1 target in area...... the sash is still not advancing for me; it remains on -30% damage modifier.....

Yes, I did enable the sash..... I only use SW... can anyone out there verify that SW spells work w/ this sash?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I first posted, I had no idea re how the spells should be SDI spells.... since then, I have tested the item again, only casting WoD or SW AoE spells and being careful to not include more than 1 target in area...... the sash is still not advancing for me; it remains on -30% damage modifier.....

Yes, I did enable the sash..... I only use SW... can anyone out there verify that SW spells work w/ this sash?
Aren't all weaving spells AOE for the most part? If anything I would try spamming nether bolt/eagle to bump up the sdi bonus, and hey if word of death isn't bumping the sdi your just getting an infinite bonus, because sdi does work with WOD from my experience..

Edit: I for some reason thought you said in a post you had mystic. Now I can't seem to find it, so whatever other magic school you use, I would suggest building the sash to 120% with that. But what template are you using to begin with? What are you gain for damage?

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Aren't all weaving spells AOE for the most part? If anything I would try spamming nether bolt/eagle to bump up the sdi bonus, and hey if word of death isn't bumping the sdi your just getting an infinite bonus, because sdi does work with WOD from my experience..

Edit: I for some reason thought you said in a post you had mystic. Now I can't seem to find it, so whatever other magic school you use, I would suggest building the sash to 120% with that. But what template are you using to begin with? What are you gain for damage?

WoD does get a boost from SDI.... and so do the AoE spells I was using to test this (Thunderstorm and Essence of Wind).... I only use SW so I do not have the option of building up the sash w/ another magical line... and none of my SW spells are advancing the sash at all.....

Re my template, I do not want to derail this thread w/ all that... suffice to say I am creative when it comes to making damage.... but that is neither here nor there.... the big question is: does the sash work w/ SW spells?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WoD does get a boost from SDI.... and so do the AoE spells I was using to test this (Thunderstorm and Essence of Wind).... I only use SW so I do not have the option of building up the sash w/ another magical line... and none of my SW spells are advancing the sash at all.....

Re my template, I do not want to derail this thread w/ all that... suffice to say I am creative when it comes to making damage.... but that is neither here nor there.... the big question is: does the sash work w/ SW spells?
Well no I wasn't questions your template by any means. I was nearly asking for a reference point. I believe that all direct magic damage and hit spells on weapons advance the bonus.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It depends on how the Spell Weaving spells are doing their damage.
I dont believe damage from hit spells on weapons will advance the level. (Someone would have to test it out.)
I think I remember specifically checking for that, but it's been a while so can't be sure.
I dont remember looking at spell weaving to see if it applied magic damage using the same mechanics as the regular spells, so it is possible that spell weaving spells may not do magic damage.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldn't WOD be direct damage instead of magic since it ignores resists?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its more a question of how the damage is being requested. the damage types are basicaly physical, elemental and true/direct damage.
The mechanisms with which they are dealt are hit/magic or direct request. If the spell weaving damage is just being requested directly and not flagged as magic, then it wouldnt be detected as magical damage.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am not seeing the Sash affect strength of my Word of Death spells. Amount of damage done by WoD seems to ignore where I am in the 'focusing cycle'. SDI certainly affect WoD, but I'm not seeing anything additional from wearing and activating the sash.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Likely just a bug where WoD not setting the magic damage flag.
Just add it into bug reports to Broadsword.