• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Caroling with the Dark Fathers

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There use to be a tradition on the Shard....every Dec the O*S and friends would take everyone down to DOOM and have a massive Gauntlet run. We would loop the dungeons a few times while spamming macros of our favorite carols. A few of us would take old deco items and dress up the dungeon for some holiday cheer.

It is my understanding that this hasn't happened for a few years....I am the only Active remaining O*S member in the game. But my new family K^S would surely help out! All Guilds would be welcome...enemies and friends check their animosity at the door and all have fun for an evening and share some Christmas cheer.

IF there is interest....and I will gauge that by those replying here....I will make this happen again as my gift to all my friends and enemies past and present! I believe in this event and I believe we need to cease hostilities for one night....and remember...The Reason for the SEASON!

TW

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We did this one other year and it was a lot of fun. But I do not recall the Dark Father and his friends feeling festive.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We can be flexible...but I would suggest either Friday the 19th...or Saturday the 20th....

Thoughts?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saturday the 20th is the Knights Rest Holiday party, so the 19th works for me.
Thanks for pointing that out John...lets not double book over an existing event...

So it is looking like the 19th...unless someone else has something already scheduled.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
19th looks clear on the schedule unless I missed something somewhere.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lets say we meet at 8 pm est at the entrance to doom...but there will also be gates from luna, vesper etc. we will start cross shortly after 8!
Well done Xav...you rock brother

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Wow has anyone told Anne? She still plays! A lot more than people realize I am guessing.
I think she would be happy to be remembered since she pretty much invented this event back in the day.
I hope someone lets her know!
If any of you would like me to give her a call let me know. I don't think she reads the forums as often as she used to!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok now I need to buy some christmas deco items....I can try to return anything we get back....but that is why I want to buy it.....so if anyone has a couple boxes of old crap they want to get rid of...snow flakes, and what not...let me know I will pay you want ever you want for it then take it to doom to deco it

And Yes anne is aware of all this...and yes she is going to try to attend

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
appreciate it...and I will do my best to get it all back to you, it is just sometimes things go missing...or decay etc. That is why i was offering to purchase it

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I normally don't deco my houses for the Holidays, so feel free to keep it for future events as well

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Wow, talk about a throwback! These were lots of fun in the day.

Thanks Flutter and TW for letting me know about it. I don't read the boards much anymore even though I'm around in game and TW and I hadn't talked for a bit, what with one thing and another, so I appreciate you both thinking of me. I'd love to try to come. I'll see what I have left for deco that I can dig out and bring along.

Hmmm, now where did I put my song list....

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There use to be a tradition on the Shard....every Dec the O*S and friends would take everyone down to DOOM and have a massive Gauntlet run. We would loop the dungeons a few times while spamming macros of our favorite carols. A few of us would take old deco items and dress up the dungeon for some holiday cheer.

It is my understanding that this hasn't happened for a few years....I am the only Active remaining O*S member in the game. But my new family K^S would surely help out! All Guilds would be welcome...enemies and friends check their animosity at the door and all have fun for an evening and share some Christmas cheer.

IF there is interest....and I will gauge that by those replying here....I will make this happen again as my gift to all my friends and enemies past and present! I believe in this event and I believe we need to cease hostilities for one night....and remember...The Reason for the SEASON!

TW

Timber Wolf
Just now ·
Tonight...Friday December 19 TH . ,,,,K^S and O*S are proud to host....carolling with the dark fathers... 8pm we will start taking boat loads of people over and we will loop the gauntlet as many times as we can....all while dying and singing carols? All are welcome so spread the word!
Again this is a chance to set aside old grudges and enjoy each other and some holiday cheer!

Like · · Share

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Dropped off my skulls in Mares mailbox this morning. Was able to farm 40 of em. Hope that is enough for the festivities. Don't forget, a full party travels together for price of 1 skull.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow what a night and what a great turn out....this shard rocks...
We came...
We sang...
And we slaughtered them!
I want to thank all of our wonderful donors of deco....the gauntlet never looked so festive!
I want to thank Xavier for all his effort farming bones and farming skulls.
And I want to thank My old friend Anne Nomilly for deco, skulls and support/advice.
Thanks everyone...for putting old grudges aside for a night and remembering the reason for the season.

Happy holiday to one and all!
TW