• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gift Boxes that are Rare...

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, I know Mesanna said 8 boxes - Which 8? I've got like 400 of these things and I'm trying to figure out which are rare and which arent. If there are 8 rare hues, does that mean 8 rare hues in each box style - so a total of how many rare hues are we looking for of the new style boxes?

I'd just like us all to unite and get a solid foundation on these bad boys...

Does someone have all 8 with hue colors and pics they'd be willing to post for the rest of us trying to figure it out?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same as last years rare hues.. just new.boxes in the mix... i got the pics somewhere

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
Problem is that with the new styles - there are slight variations between hues... I can't get EC to patch - so no pincos for me... Need pics of new boxes to help me differentiate between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need Pincos mate. The hue ID tool is built into the standard client.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
Any help with these - any of these rare???
multi.jpg

gold....jpg

single checkered.jpg

single wave.jpg

sigil.jpg

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
You don't need Pincos mate. The hue ID tool is built into the standard client.
I cannot get the client to patch - so i should have said - no EC for me... any other way (without cheating) to get Hue ID from standard 2D client?

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
Not in the CC you can't unfortunately..but I think that light Whitish-purple one might be.
Here is a link to the rare colored boxes from previous years..the colors/hue numbers are the same just in the new styles.

http://community.stratics.com/threads/holiday-boxes-colors-patterns.327382/#post-2471840
I've been through that time and time again - the issue i continue to face is that the color variations are so close - without a Hue ID - i have no idea which once's are real or not- due to the hyper color - i cannot differentiate the styles...

What would be super beneficial is to have a diagram for the 8 hues with the new style gift boxes - i think we should create this...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
shame someone could post a piccy of the new boxes in the 8 rare colours...theres also a awesome purple one not listed as rare that looks better than most of the so called rare ones

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Maybe some nice person that uses the Enhanced Client can come and get the hue id's for you *hint hint* I'm sure there's someone that would be willing to come to your house and do that for you.

And I agree THP there is one purple one that I like that isn't rare...of course purple is my favorite color lol.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe some nice person that uses the Enhanced Client can come and get the hue id's for you *hint hint* I'm sure there's someone that would be willing to come to your house and do that for you.

And I agree THP there is one purple one that I like that isn't rare...of course purple is my favorite color lol.

I believe the rare hues (if you have EC and can id the color) are anything over 999.

Here are last year's rare boxes:

Attachments

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes I know all that..but if you don't have the hue #'s you can't tell just by the pictures. Some people have different colors on their monitors so the only way to know is by getting the ID#

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes I know all that..but if you don't have the hue #'s you can't tell just by the pictures. Some people have different colors on their monitors so the only way to know is by getting the ID#

I believe they are
2075 (confirmed) (Abyssal)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay telling me the numbers does nothing for me...I already know the numbers..I know what they look like from a picture of the old boxes someone posted..that still doesn't tell me if I have any rare ones or not because I cannot get the number off of my own boxes myself...understand?

Here is my box collection:
http://i59.***********/zwgt3k.png

I *THINK* I have a few rare ones in there...but I don't know because I can't get the ID#'s off them...knowing the numbers doesn't help me because I can't see what numbers my own boxes have. The colors might look totally different on your monitor then they do on mine..so the only way to know FOR SURE is to use the hue checker, and as you can see, I can't do that because I play in the classic client so I would need someone that uses the EC to come ID them for me

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, I understand. I wasn't posting this info solely for you...I was posting to help others.

Which shard? I will id in EC for you. I only see one or two that look likely in your collection. Although I use Classic, I downloaded EC for the sole purpose of iding hues. I just switch clients when I have a prospect. Just pm me when and where.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just downloaded the EC.....>.< and my virus software wouldn't let it through...weird huh?

But thanks for the offer, that was very nice :)

And I am pretty sure I have at least 1...maybe 2...the 2-toned blue/pink round one I think...but I will know soon enough...as soon as I figure out where to find the hue id thingy :) lol

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Go to the "actions" button.

Then scroll left until you get to "other"

Then go down quite aways and you will find id item hue

you can drag the little box to one of the many empty ones on your page

I sure wish they would add this feature to Classic Client cause I really hate EC:)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay quick question as I haven't seen this particular hue ID number anywhere...

http://i61.***********/21a5uu.png

Is this a rare one as well?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah thanks I found it! But I seem to remember someone saying all numbers above 999 are rare colors? If that's true then I have a ton...so I'm a bit confused :/

I just ID'd one at number 1284 that's not on the list.

http://i60.***********/24eyjq1.png

These are just the first ones I've done.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Anyone? Scott have you gotten anyone to come and ID your boxes? If not gimme a hollar I will.

I also got:
2127 (that's the color of my one and only Angel Box)
1196- Olive Haochi pigment
1173-Emerald Haochi pigment OR Reward Cloth lvl 2
1169-Yellow Haochi pigment

(not gonna screenshot em all unless someone wants me too but I'm guessing the *Anything above 999* thing is false :)

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
Anyone? Scott have you gotten anyone to come and ID your boxes? If not gimme a hollar I will.

I also got:
2127 (that's the color of my one and only Angel Box)
1196- Olive Haochi pigment
1173-Emerald Haochi pigment OR Reward Cloth lvl 2
1169-Yellow Haochi pigment

(not gonna screenshot em all unless someone wants me too but I'm guessing the *Anything above 999* thing is false :)

no one as of yet - i got EC to work now - i just have no clue how to use it... or get to where i can id the colors with it...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL yeah it's not pretty...(sorry Devs I know you past and present have worked hard on it but...>.< I :heart: my CC)

Okay once you're logged in...at the very bottom is a task bar...or whatever you wanna call it..

Click on the one that says actions..it will bring up a little menu...click on the arrows at the top of that box until you get to the*Others* section.

Scroll down until you find the Hue ID Icon, drag that into your hotkey bar and you're good to go!

http://i59.***********/30xh2kk.png

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah thanks I found it! But I seem to remember someone saying all numbers above 999 are rare colors? If that's true then I have a ton...so I'm a bit confused :/

I just ID'd one at number 1284 that's not on the list.

http://i60.***********/24eyjq1.png

These are just the first ones I've done.

Well the above 999 was a theory someone posted in UHall...but Mesanna said only 8 rare colors...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
deffo same as last years boxe colours cant see were the confusion is....

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
The confusion is that the rare boxes of old are all crazy bright and brilliant colors vs. dull colors. This year their predecessors all being very brilliantly colored - without EC, it makes it difficult to determine which are rare (Because no Hue ID). If you notice my pictures above - they are from the 2d client - because 3d does not work for me...(Was able to log into it once and never again since). There are many goldish brown Hue's that look similar and in the 2d client, can easily fool you into thinking it is the rare europa gold box. There are also different color types based on style of box. They might have the same Hue ID, but their looks are dramatically different. (My white box pictured lower vs. @Double Blessed white box pictured first (pulled from this thread off the rares forums).
http://community.stratics.com/threads/new-holiday-gift-boxes.327387/
basdf.jpg
afwd.jpg

Are they the same Hue ID? I dunno, but in the 8 rare boxes from last year - only 1 was brilliant white... So that leads me to think they are the same, just 2 different styles of boxes.

So I initially started this thread to see if we could get all 8 boxes documented in all 3 new styles of boxes - so that I(we) could have a reference to go off of.

Not to mention if you look at the above stated comments - lots of people are confused by the current setup - so I thought we might all get some clarity...

Last edited:

ZozmaLS

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes, Charels 2722 is Rare and I have one of the same color. Very nice dark green color.