• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Level 7 Treasure maps

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to know if anyone was getting Lvl 7 Diabolical T-maps recently from lvl 6 chests?

I have dug up around 40 lvl 6 chests over the past week and have gotten zero lvl 7 t-maps. Didn't know if I was just having a bad Rng run or if others were experiencing the same thing?

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I did another 8 last night all Fel and received no tmaps... Kinda sucks..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just recently started doing T-Maps..and quickly found out I suck at them..how do you even find the treasure is there a trick? I've found EC makes the destination a bit clearer, but even with mining I've yet to dig a single chest up

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have GM mining..does that mean I can dig up in a 3x3 tile extra as to where 0 you need to be directly on top of it?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was larger than 3*3 at GM Mining, which is what I use. I normally run a grid pattern roughly where base of the pin is at and find them fairly quickly, all on the CC.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
According the Stratics Treasure Map Quests http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/treasure-map-quests

• 0 to 50.9 mining gives a 1 tile radius (in other words, you must dig the exact correct spot of the chest)
  • 51 to 80.9 mining gives a 2 tiles radius
  • 81 to 99.9 mining gives a 3 tiles radius
  • 100 mining gives a 4 tiles radius
However, that's not correct terminology.
More correctly, it would seem
  • 0 to 50.9 mining means you must be standing in a square adjacent to the chest square, and dig the exact square of the chest.
  • 51 to 80.9 mining allows you stand with a single square between you and the chest, and have to dig a square within reach in the direction of the chest.
  • 81 to 99.9 mining allows you a 2 square cushion.
  • 100 mining gives a 3 square cushion. This effectively allows you to stand a distance greater than the normal digging range limit, and dig for the chest. If you actually mapped the area, it would be 7x7 squares (centered on the chest in the middle square) - but you would still have to be standing in or immediately adjacent to the 7x7 grid to successfully dig.

I got a level 7 last week in Ter Mur. out of 3 level 6 maps done one night.

Last edited:

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 6 level 7 maps today so everything seems to work just fine :)

I cant do them though. Dont have the high seas ******** :)

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I am having really crappy luck!!!

Just did 6 more lvl 6 in fel with 2400 luck and no lvl 7 map drops..

If anyone has any lvl 7 maps on Lake Superior, I will give you 2 mill per map..