• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Player Question

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, haven't played since 2007-2008 and my core group have all since left the game as well, mostly just curious if Sampires are still the kings for solo peerless/spawns/EM events? or has that shifted to necro throwers?

I'm seeing a lot of throwers over sampires personally, just asking as I'll probably be playing solo for awhile until I bother some people enough to check the game out again xD

Thank you ^__^

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure anything is the king, per se. I think the current trend is to drop the 'pire piece and just run a bushido/paladin template with 100% HLL on the weapon, now that we can get enough SSI on the suit to run 100 in both HML and HLL on a weapon.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bushido/paladin without necro rocks.
100% HLL weapons help a lot, but depending what I am fighting, I prefer to have an elemental weapon over 100% HLL/HML. And you have a wee bit more space on your template since you don't need 99 necro.

Also, make sure you're wearing either metal or studded. Meddable armour sucks for warriors!

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gave up my necro sampire form for the bushido paladin and I don't miss it at all.

120 Swords
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
120 Tactics
120 Parry

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That is precisely the template I run on mine. It is wonderful!
I have another one with 120 swords, 100 tactics, 100 anat, 100 bush, 100 chiv, 100 parry and 100 resist for hunting big stuff that cast necro spells.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What swords weapons are you using? All bladed staffs?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I gave up my necro sampire form for the bushido paladin and I don't miss it at all.

120 Swords
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
120 Tactics
120 Parry
Are you able to solo the Blackthorn Captains without healing?

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you able to solo the Blackthorn Captains without healing?
It depends on which captains.

Some I've found respond better to a character with healing, and no life leech on the weapon. For the bards, I find it easiest to use a thrower or archer, as they discord my melee toon.
The macers, I stay away from at this point, don't want to break my suit.