• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animal weights for the Huntsman quests?

RaistlinMajere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm wondering if there is a list anywhere with the maximum weight or size on these animals? If not there needs to be. I've farmed for hours and managed to tie the leaders on multiple animals but cant quite top them. I'm wondering if there is indeed a max to the size or what. If there is then farming one that is in the lead already and at max weight would be a waste of time if you were after the name spot. I realize you still get the reward if its a tie.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We compiled a list on Origin and this is what we found, if anyone has any higher please post :)

Walrus - 3700
Grey Wolf - 99
Grizzly Bear - 790
Bull - 2200
Cougar - 220
Turkey - 24
Eagle - 20
Alligator - 30
Boar - 220

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have a turkey at 24 and a cougar at 220 on Sonoma.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Awesome thanks, edited original post to reflect the new weights :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Someone on LA reported a 25 turkey but wasn't reporting it for some odd reason. I think they thought they lost the permit if they turned it in.

Current numbers:
Wolf: 97
Turkey: 24
Bear: 790
Cougar: 209
Boar: 212
Walrus: 3700
Eagle: 19 feet
Alligator: 29 feet
Bull: 1980

Nothing higher, but tying on the Turkey, Bear and Walrus.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm wondering if there is a list anywhere with the maximum weight or size on these animals? If not there needs to be. I've farmed for hours and managed to tie the leaders on multiple animals but cant quite top them. I'm wondering if there is indeed a max to the size or what. If there is then farming one that is in the lead already and at max weight would be a waste of time if you were after the name spot. I realize you still get the reward if its a tie.
I hope Devs will set different max on the shards and different max each month so noone can know if the if there are bigger animals out there

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I hope Devs will set different max on the shards and different max each month so noone can know if the if there are bigger animals out there
I think it's good to know what the max achievable weight for each animal is set at. If someone has already documented a max-weight bear, then I am not going to bother hunting that animal until the next month comes around. With each permit costing 5k,it's very easy to run through millions of gold in just a short amount of time. Why should that gold be wasted on a futile attempt to beat or tie a high weight?

Edit: I ran a brief spreadsheet on 100 permits yesterday to see what my weight ratios looked like, when hunting boars and bulls, compared to the record weights for the month (3 solid days of hunting for most players) and my weights are falling in the 20-65% range. Meaning that if the top documented kill is 1,000 stones, I could expect my kills of the same type of animal to weigh in at 200 to 650 stones with about 3-5% to both ends of the scale. My closest mark for the boar was 7 stones away from the record holder. During the same test, I was able to get top weight with the bulls.

Last edited:

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Can these creatures be found in Ish, and in paragon form? Will they have higher properties on weights too, same as their skills points are higher??

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think it's good to know what the max achievable weight for each animal is set at. If someone has already documented a max-weight bear, then I am not going to bother hunting that animal until the next month comes around. With each permit costing 5k,it's very easy to run through millions of gold in just a short amount of time. Why should that gold be wasted on a futile attempt to beat or tie a high weight?
You can still hunt until you get same weight as the max-weight bear as you will get a point each time you match it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I know when I was on test, I went through about 5 million gold on just walrus's, since they are the easiest to find en mass, and I never got one higher then 3700 stones.

Kyronix said...*But your next one could be 3701!* LOL he cracks me up. I know I for one am not going to spend millions of gold in the hopes that there is one bigger!

I also agree that MAYBE they could change that..I don't know how hard that would be to do..but as I stated once before..it's going to be a mad race on the 1st of every month, everyone who participates will speed-hunt until they have the max weight and then there will be 29 days of waiting because someone got the max weight in everything on the first day.

Again..love the system, love the challenge...needs to be tweaked :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Looks like someone on regular shards do have to much gold :p

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Looks like someone on regular shards do have to much gold :p
LOL no kidding! When this hit Origin I went through a million gold in less then an hour. I had to stop and go hunt Dragons for a bit...*sighs*

A million gold might not be much for some people but it's a lot for me! So unless I get lucky and get max weight on something on the 1st I'm pretty much out of the race for the rest of the month.

I know you get points for each *tie* but the amount of gold you have to spend to GET that tie is way too much for me lol.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can these creatures be found in Ish, and in paragon form? Will they have higher properties on weights too, same as their skills points are higher??
I tried this with grizzly bear and when I got a paragon the deed said it didn't match the request.
at least for grizzly bears the answer is no

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You can still hunt until you get same weight as the max-weight bear as you will get a point each time you match it.
I know I could hunt them until I matched the weight of the top kill, but I am not going to waste my gold like that. From what I have seen, it is pretty difficult to get within 5% of the top possible weight. In my case with eagles specifically, about two-thirds of my documented kills only have the wingspan of eleven and twelve feet. That's roughly 55% of the wingspan of the Catskills top kill of 20ft. I realize that this quest is a pure dice-roll when it comes to the weights and lengths of the documented kills, so unless I am convinced that I have at least a decent chance to match or beat the top kill, I am not going to bother until the next month rolls around.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
They have owners name on, so you can't use them but you sure can annoy the owner and try to sell it back

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have owners name on, so you can't use them but you sure can annoy the owner and try to sell it back
:) so they are stealable!!! EXCELLENT.

What does it cost for a license? I think a 10% ransom is a fair request to give it back. If they don't pay...drop it in a trash can and watch it go *poof*...la

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe so, want help to test it?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have they said anything about changing to new trophies each month or new rewards each month. If so that could change things as far as waiting the novelty to die down and acquire one of the rewards at a much lower wieght. I would like them to change how you purchase the permits from a single click per deed to be able to purchase large quantities similar to items like gems or reagents. Just make the max at like 100 permits per purchase, alot less clicking this way. As far as the trophies themselves I think the art work looks great keep this going with more animals etc if time permits. But fixing bugs should come first before the intoduction of new trophies. Concerning wieghts I'm just trying to get a decent wieght for display purposes the rewards themselves are not the insentive as far as I'm concerned. At least with the current kinda rewards that thier offering, the cost far exceeds the value of those items.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You will love that the Hunter npc is outside town zone

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will love that the Hunter npc is outside town zone
LOL, oh I am, I am just upset that my arrow vendors are in a much more active area now. That being said, I almost tested on Gimlex yesterday when you and he were in the shack. If it weren't for screwed up macros, I would have owned his licenses (or at least one)...la

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes as you see, we are one happy big family now, not even any anti PK's trying to punish him for hugging the newbies

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The trophies where you get the hunting permits check them out they display who killed them the weight,the month,day,year and where it was killed.