• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I bagged a cougar....

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... So there I was, in the kitchen at Blacthorne's, when a comely lady strolls in with a glint in her eye and a bottle of .... wait wait, wrong story!

So last night I took a break from the usual dungeon chest / unravelling grind to try out the Huntsman's Quest. After failing to bag a nice grizz, I decided my last try would be a Cougar. Well if the forests of Britannia are any indication, these are endangered species. I walked for leagues and leagues, but no cougar. Just as I began to lose hope (read: interest) , I spotted the sleek feline. A flamestrike later and I had a 205 stone beauty!

As of last night I have the lead and I'm stoked. Now I have to ask all of you to please not hunt anymore cougars this month :) If you feel compelled to do so, I know a lady at Blackthorne's I can introduce you to instead....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Can't promise you I won't, but made a deal with myself, I need to loot enough gold, before I get new permits, Tina Tink keeps eyes on her gold and won't let me use it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sorry, got a Cougar 210 stones :)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Couldn't you guys hunt bear or gator or eagle instead? C'mon!

*kicks dirt sullenly*

I'm going back to the dungeon. At least the dragons like me (for dinner....)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Delilah did not like the size of my bear :p

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well since having my 205 blasted I haven't even logged back in to siege :) just completely sapped my spirits! I hope to get back over the holiday break.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm sorry to hear that, I did not mean to ruin your fun :grouphug:
I was hunting a few of each kind of animals to be fear to all, I was not just going after yours

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
isn't there a bonus or something with animal lore?
or is there a way to lore animal and get a comparable size it might give?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
isn't there a bonus or something with animal lore?
or is there a way to lore animal and get a comparable size it might give?
Nope. They said they wanted to work in tracking and animal lore, but didn't want to make so people with those skills would be the ones winning every time. Wanted everyone to have a chance at it, but said they would consider expanding the system with skill tie ins and more targets if people liked it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do like everyone to have a fair chance as long they do have gold in their bank.
I do feel it's a little to expensive, special for young players. Also the Tax kit do cost 300k on Siege, that's insane.
I would like something like getting the first 5 permits a day a account for 1k each and if you get points at the end of the month, add 2 free Tax kits to reward choices so also a newbie can make a trophy for him self and one to sell or give as gift to someone. So if you choose the horn, you will get 2 Tax kits too.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Exactly Freja. Awarding at least one free tax kit with each reward would allow every winner to have their trophy mounted. For Siege, 300k is a significant lump of gold.