• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Giant Turkeys have a new trick.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They will summon a group 4-8 red birds(eagles, chickens, ravens, small turkeys so on) that chase down the last person to attack and you get the message "your being pecked to death." To spawn a giant turkey keep killing regular turkeys, the spawn rate is low.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I ain't seen no Giant Turkeys....

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think he was making a suggestion....I hope so anyway because I do not want to be pecked to death :)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
They will summon a group 4-8 red birds(eagles, chickens, ravens, small turkeys so on) that chase down the last person to attack and you get the message "your being pecked to death." To spawn a giant turkey keep killing regular turkeys, the spawn rate is low.
I needed a good laugh. Thanks! :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and they pull you in so you can be rez killed. I died, got rez and b4 they could help or I could get dressed, I got sucked in and died again. We killed it, 2 tamers with dragons and a bard that disco'd it. Lots of red chickens, turkeys, ravens & eagles pecking at you. Nothing exciting dropped, but we had fun anyway. I must have killed 40-50 turkeys b4 the giant one spawned tho.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was just killing Turkeys, killed about 20-30 when "*You hear an unsettling rustling in the woods nearby!*" popped up, and a Giant Turkey appeared right where i had killed the normal Turkey.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, the Giant Turkeys do have the ability to summon fowl now. They spawn a bunch of red birds (crows, eagles, turkeys, etc) which all proceed to attack you and do 1 damage each, with a high hit rate (making spellcasting impossible without Protection up). However, they can easily be AoEd down. Area peace making works good on them, and a Fire Horn kills them all.

In fact, i just took on a Giant Turkey with my Thrower and Bard/Mage, and area peacemaking seemed to trivialize the fight. My Thrower would continue swinging at full speed against the discorded Giant Turkey, even after my Bard area peaced, and the Giant Turkey would stand there for 5-10 secs doing absolutely nothing. As soon as the Giant Turkey became aggressive towards my Thrower, i'd area peace him again. Pretty easy kill.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*note to self...do not hunt turkeys* LOL I usually run solo in the game..I remember last year I got owned by at least 10 of those fowl (HA yes pun intended) creatures before I managed to take one down...*sighs* cool that they are back though and with a little change..very sweet!

Happy Hunting!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can confirm the giant turkeys, fought one on Great Lakes last night east of Yew, along the road that heads toward Minoc.

On balance they actually are easier than, and more fun to fight then, previous years' turkeys. It's a shorter but more-dynamic fight. Warriors have a chance though not a great one. I am not good enough to solo one, though I do expect it'd be possible for someone better than I to do so. It won't be easy though.

-Galen's player

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, can you get them to spawn by killing small turkeys which pop out of the Horns of Plenty? You could say, pop those turkeys down in Doom and get a giant turkey down there, provoking it onto the nasties to try and collect doom drops?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will they drop a horn of plenty?

Chaps my tuckus! I just tossed all my snow and grass tiles, now they are stackable. In the same cleaning sweep, I tossed a bunch of horns in preference for the older Cornucopias. Story of my life.:facepalm:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, can you get them to spawn by killing small turkeys which pop out of the Horns of Plenty? You could say, pop those turkeys down in Doom and get a giant turkey down there, provoking it onto the nasties to try and collect doom drops?
Can't say it won't work, but I killed over 50 turkeys to get the Giant one to spawn, so unless you have LOTS of Horns, my guess is no...

Jove

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over 2 hours later and no spawn, it's either broken on my shard or using a tamer is not the way to go solo. BORING!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Over 2 hours later and no spawn, it's either broken on my shard or using a tamer is not the way to go solo. BORING!
i think maybe the problem is that your using your tamer to kill a animal that has 2hp

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wish there was a reason to do them. Having had this addition in the pub notes would have been pretty nifty also.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the loot on the giant turkey isn't worth it, few will care to do them. Give them a decent stack of the giant turkey feathers and a medium-to-high drop rate of horns of plenty.

Then, somehow reincorporate the ornithologist's maps into all of this. THOSE were the fun part!

Oh, up the spawn rate on the giant turkeys some...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahahahahaha, now that's a turkey fight!

I can confirm when 1 of them died, I looted a plucked turkey off of it. :D I can also confirm that if you give the plucked turkey to a butcher npc, in return you get a harvester's blade.

hahahah.jpg

Last edited:

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will they drop a horn of plenty?

Chaps my tuckus! I just tossed all my snow and grass tiles, now they are stackable. In the same cleaning sweep, I tossed a bunch of horns in preference for the older Cornucopias. Story of my life.:facepalm:
I did smilar, turned em in for cleanup points and kept 2 of each for décor:(