• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Horn of Plenty Items A new house plant has been added to the Cornucopia.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
So is it the Cornucopia or the Horn of Plenty? They are 2 different items. Anyway I blew through 40 charges on 2 Horns of Plenty and 2 Cornucopias and didn't see a plant on Great Lakes. Bad luck or is it not working? The recharge on these is slow as hell btw, jess sayin'.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's the Horn of Plenty... the ones that can give the roasting pig on a spit. It only recharges one charge per day.

I don't know about Great Lakes, but it's dropping the plant on Chessie.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Deff luck of the draw. I went through 16 horn of plenty and ended up with just 2 plants. :(

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Odds say I will. A real pisser blowing through all those charges though lol. Got turkeys running all over the neighborhood.
I have gotten them on Great Lakes. On the bright side, you can go and get some hunting permits and claim all those turkeys for the Huntsman's quest.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I have gotten them on Great Lakes. On the bright side, you can go and get some hunting permits and claim all those turkeys for the Huntsman's quest.
Good idea. Just FYI I bought the last 2 Horns of Plenty on Great Lakes before the price jump ;) Scored a Coffee Plant. So they are possible to get on GLs. Hopefully I'll get one more before it's over so I can have a set. In my case the drop was 1 in 40.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive seen heaps of the coffee plants on show...i doubt they are any rarer than the comon pig spit

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well Zeke says he got 6 out of 150 charges, which were pretty good drops. I got 1 out of 40, not so great. So they're certainly not uber rare. But it really depends on how many Horns you got hoarded up and how long they leave them running and recharging. At 1 recharge a day it's gonna get slow after the initial burst. Plus I'm thinking people who have one Pig of a Split are probably set. With house plants they are probably going to want more than one. If you got 15 horns like Zeke your probably sitting pretty in general, but if you have 1 or 2 Horns (or maybe none) it might be you don't see a plant drop. All depends how long the Horns are left on.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have over 50 or so Horns of Plenty and at least 65 Cornucopia's.. think I'll be having plants coming out my ears by the end of the month.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I have over 50 or so Horns of Plenty and at least 65 Cornucopia's.. think I'll be having plants coming out my ears by the end of the month.
Not sure if that's the norm having those many horns, lol. I just hope I get at least one more :)

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when I log into chessie I get no gift box or bag. are you sure it has opened there?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The coffee plants aren't rare for sure...I managed to get only 1 from 2 Horns...BUT since you only need 1 coffee pod to make 1 mug of coffee...I don't think you need a million coffee plants unless you intend on opening a coffee shop in UO :) I'd like to have a few more (Thanks to Storm for giving me 2 more!) I have 3...they are rather pretty and I'd like to have a few more for deco :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I went through 5 horn of plenty and ended up with just 2 plants.
I think this 2 will do for me

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So are they recharging now? I've got about 10 to empty out.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think I have a horn of plenty lost somewhere... now to hope the RNG gods will grace me with a coffee plant this weekend.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Europa I only got one plant from 10 Horns so its pretty random looks like.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On Europa I only got one plant from 10 Horns so its pretty random looks like.
Took me about 10 horns to get 2 plants on GL's. But that's ok... in the meanwhile I killed over 10 turkeys for the Rangers Quest.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
5 horns of plenty and received 4 plants and 2 deeds for a roasting pig.

1 of the horns of plenty gave me 2 plants :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I got a pig and a plant off my first horn. *smiles*

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
200 Charges - 10 Plants, 5 Pig Deeds. First plant only after 6 tries.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sheesh I have a dozen or so accounts from day 1 and how did I miss the opportunity to hoard the "Horns of Plenty?"
I can't believe that I missed that!

I have a couple Cornucopia's but it was said above that they won't give the new items?

Dang!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sugarMMM I think they gave them out around thanksgiving of 2012 1/account that logged in a short time frame.

they recharge 1/day

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Lorddog!

I guess I totally missed when they were given out.
Oh well I can't have everything! ( I already have enough stuff in UO.... hoarder status!) Hehe

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks Lorddog!

I guess I totally missed when they were given out.
Oh well I can't have everything! ( I already have enough stuff in UO.... hoarder status!) Hehe
UO should be marketed to Horders... It should be advertised during those hording shows on TV as a possible therapy for Horders. We can horde pixels instead... keeps you out of trouble with the law.. doesn't cause pollution or health problems unless of course you give up sleeping, eating or using the bathroom so you can spend more time gathering and hording in UO... It's a therapy for folk with OCD you can spend hours on hours sorting to your hearts content...

Also isn't overly expensive unless you start hording accounts.... then you could have a problem. But then if you don't pay for them UO shuts them off and someone else gets to grab up all your stuff and pack it into their horde...

Anyway one of my friends and I talked about this one time. It's great. Just have to come up with a good marketing push to get horders hooked ... and we'd have tons of players. Ok we'd have a bunch of players with dozens of accounts stuffed to the rafters with things. Imagine the IDOC's from horders.

You can try to have everything!

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've done about 20 horns on GL--no plants....just bad luck?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should also give the Cornucopia a bit of love. Thinking about it I got a few from champ spawns but not seen any for ages. Do they still spawn?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Went through 34 cornucopias and 61 horns of plenty, all full. No love from the cornucopias, and only 13 plants.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only checked the horns of plenty on shards where I had a place to lock down the coffee plants and let them grow. It seemed like I had better luck getting the coffee plants and pigs on a spit if I used the character who originally received the horn to empty it versus having one character click thrown a whole pile of horns of plenty.

These were the results from the initial round of emptying all the horns of plenty (10 charges each):

Atlantic: 24 horns, 4 coffee plants, 6 pigs on spits.
Balhae: 24 horns, 7 coffee plants, 5 pigs on spits.
Formosa: 21 horns, 5 coffee plants, 6 pigs on spits.
Great Lakes: 14 horns, 2 coffee plants, 6 pigs on spits. (Gave away several full horns on this shard and the ones that were left I collected and had one character click through them all.)
Hokuto: 17 horns, 7 coffee plants, 6 pigs on spits.
Lake Austin: 28 horns, 9 coffee plants, 7 pigs on spits.
Origin: 36 horns, 17 plants, 9 pigs on spits.
Siege Perilous: 5 horns, 1 coffee plant, 3 pigs on spits.
Sonoma: 24 horns, 8 coffee plants, 9 pigs on spits.
Yamato: 26 horns, 6 coffee plants, 8 pigs on spits.

Total these 10 shards: 220 horns (2200 charges), 66 coffee plants, 60 pigs on spits.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG you're a total Horn of Plenty hoarder! hehe

Soo envious!

I play on Sonoma if you ever have too much of something. *Wink wink*

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sugarMMM
horn of plenty is loot for winning the ranger contest each month.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup yup!
Since I missed when they were originally handed out i'm trying as hard as I can with the ranger contests!
*Fingers crossed*

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only have 1 horn of plenty and I rec'd one coffee plant. Now I am going to have to log in everyday for my one charge. I came here to read/check about the cornucopia I have about 20 of those and rec'd no new goodies. Ah well :)