• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

heads on a spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no the specific thing i was referring to was someone on cats threatening to close 50 accounts and quit so the devs had a live meeting that lasted hours. just saying, players can and do influence the devs so the heads change being because of UO hall / emails is not so outlandish.
I have to doubt that. If that's what you "heard," don't believe so much as 1% of what UO players claim in their attempts to seem important. Fifty accounts to make something game-changing, when the person is still a small minority? This isn't just pleading with a client who's about to close an account.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to doubt that. If that's what you "heard," don't believe so much as 1% of what UO players claim in their attempts to seem important. Fifty accounts to make something game-changing, when the person is still a small minority? This isn't just pleading with a client who's about to close an account.
go back in the cats forum if you dont believe me. and yes i know for fact it was because of emails to mesanna from one person. thats history tho and alot of those conversations personal. point is 1 player can influence the devs to take hours out of their time to adress issues that only a minority are concerned with.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
no the specific thing i was referring to was someone on cats threatening to close 50 accounts and quit so the devs had a live meeting that lasted hours. just saying, players can and do influence the devs so the heads change being because of UO hall / emails is not so outlandish.
Is the margin so slim that Broadsword cannot make it without those 50 accounts?

It seems like people complaining about the new models being trash could get the devs to actually change them again, if it was that easy to influence the devs.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She made a solid argument, unfortunately, cited past changes and policies of EA, and claimed to have emailed / communicated with people higher up in EA. We could all read it, if it hadn't been deleted by Stratics mods :)

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She made a solid argument, unfortunately, cited past changes and policies of EA, and claimed to have emailed / communicated with people higher up in EA. We could all read it, if it hadn't been deleted by Stratics mods :)
Hmm...I believe you have mistaken me with someone else and a completely different issue.

I never e-mailed or communicated directly with anyone at EA, not even Mesanna, regarding the heads on spikes.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Apologies, if this is the case. Again, hard to say when history is edited and deleted from record. I definitely recall one of the most vocal folks against the graphics doing this, however. And when looking at those threads now, there are only comments from the mods stating that the threads had been "cleaned up". Guess we just get to speculate as to what actually happened and who tried to swing influence.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies, if this is the case. Again, hard to say when history is edited and deleted from record. I definitely recall one of the most vocal folks against the graphics doing this, however. And when looking at those threads now, there are only comments from the mods stating that the threads had been "cleaned up". Guess we just get to speculate as to what actually happened and who tried to swing influence.
I've been playing UO not quite 10 years. I have talked to Mesanna exactly 3 times in-game: (1) A few years ago when she met me on Origin to repair the stats of a character of mine that got messed up testing a new publish; (2) for about half a second on Siege a few years ago when she popped in at the end of EM Drosselmeyer's meet-and-greet; and (3) a month or two ago on Great Lakes when I asked a couple of questions when the dev team did their Q&A session there. I've PM'd her two times: (1) To reply to her message to me that preceded our in-game meeting on Origin mentioned in #1 of the previous sentence; and (2) to ask her to please get in touch with an older player on Baja who was very distraught about difficulties he was having managing his accounts under the new account management system. I've e-mailed Mesanna two times that I can think of: (1) to give her account information quite a few years ago to get into the SA beta test; and (2) after meeting with her on Origin to fix my bugged character there, sending her my account information to confirm whether or not something was buggy about being able to submit a help request for those accounts.

I don't rub elbows with Mesanna in-game. I don't have her ICQ number. I don't have ICQ numbers for any of the other dev team members. I am not and never plan to be an EM or an Advisor. I am not a Facebook "friend" to anyone on the dev team. I don't chat with them on Skype. If they hear from me at all, it is likely to be from reading a post I made here on Stratics that everyone else gets to read too or because they sent me a PM about something I posted. I'm pretty sure that if I sent Mesanna an e-mail message out of the blue trying to convince her to do something or change something, she probably would have trouble figuring out who in the heck the message came from or to figure out whether or not it merited any kind of special attention and she might not even bother to read it because, to her, I'm probably just one more dime-a-dozen player among thousands.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
go back in the cats forum if you dont believe me. and yes i know for fact it was because of emails to mesanna from one person. thats history tho and alot of those conversations personal. point is 1 player can influence the devs to take hours out of their time to adress issues that only a minority are concerned with.
First, it isn't incumbent upon me to do detective work for someone else's allegation. Second, I'm not saying I don't believe you. Whatever you're passing along, whatever you believe, I find the story not credible at all. A single person with 50 accounts gets game-changing attention? Then what could a guild do if it had 200 accounts and threatened to leave UO? It makes no sense.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been playing UO not quite 10 years. I have talked to Mesanna exactly 3 times in-game: (1) A few years ago when she met me on Origin to repair the stats of a character of mine that got messed up testing a new publish; (2) for about half a second on Siege a few years ago when she popped in at the end of EM Drosselmeyer's meet-and-greet; and (3) a month or two ago on Great Lakes when I asked a couple of questions when the dev team did their Q&A session there. I've PM'd her two times: (1) To reply to her message to me that preceded our in-game meeting on Origin mentioned in #1 of the previous sentence; and (2) to ask her to please get in touch with an older player on Baja who was very distraught about difficulties he was having managing his accounts under the new account management system. I've e-mailed Mesanna two times that I can think of: (1) to give her account information quite a few years ago to get into the SA beta test; and (2) after meeting with her on Origin to fix my bugged character there, sending her my account information to confirm whether or not something was buggy about being able to submit a help request for those accounts.

I don't rub elbows with Mesanna in-game. I don't have her ICQ number. I don't have ICQ numbers for any of the other dev team members. I am not and never plan to be an EM or an Advisor. I am not a Facebook "friend" to anyone on the dev team. I don't chat with them on Skype. If they hear from me at all, it is likely to be from reading a post I made here on Stratics that everyone else gets to read too or because they sent me a PM about something I posted. I'm pretty sure that if I sent Mesanna an e-mail message out of the blue trying to convince her to do something or change something, she probably would have trouble figuring out who in the heck the message came from or to figure out whether or not it merited any kind of special attention and she might not even bother to read it because, to her, I'm probably just one more dime-a-dozen player among thousands.
Tina,

I am not accusing you in any way. Please understand that this was a heated debate, on these forums one year ago. Things were changed as a result of that debate. All records of the antagonist are wiped out. We are left to "try to remember" who that might have been. If i have confused you as that person, I apologize.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First, it isn't incumbent upon me to do detective work for someone else's allegation. Second, I'm not saying I don't believe you. Whatever you're passing along, whatever you believe, I find the story not credible at all. A single person with 50 accounts gets game-changing attention? Then what could a guild do if it had 200 accounts and threatened to leave UO? It makes no sense.
Zog, it happened, the majority of the posts in the relevant thread were deleted. Neither you or I can speak to the situation, as the evidence was thoroughly removed.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Zog, it happened, the majority of the posts in the relevant thread were deleted. Neither you or I can speak to the situation, as the evidence was thoroughly removed.
Do you understand, then, that an objective person, with no prior knowledge of the purported circumstances, cannot see that it was someone demanding special treatment? I again pose the scenario of a guild with 200 accounts making such a threat. Why would you think that would go anywhere, but someone with 50 accounts could? So I remain very skeptical.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread was about the heads on spikes. Not about the developers' reasoning for changing them nor is it about something that happened a year ago on Catskills.

If you disagree with the current artwork for the heads on spiked posts, then you need to take it up with the developers.

Opinions posted on a message board are not "proof" of anything. When people start lobbing accusations and drawing up conclusions as to why the devs do what they do and claim it as fact... is when threads get derailed and end up locked.

To the original poster. Please feel free to start a new thread about the different spiked head types. I would strongly suggest to anyone who chooses to respond to remain on topic. I apologize that this one was train-wrecked before it even got started.

Status
Not open for further replies.