• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How far will you travel?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with the handy vendor search, it seems having a centralized vendor house is no longer needed to run a vendor shop these days.

Over the past few weeks of my return I've been running around the server looking for a good plot to set up home. I've found a lot of the old spots taken but at the same time there are quite a few places that would make a great home.

Here's my question. How far off the beaten path would you go to get to a vendor that was carrying something you needed at a price you were willing to pay?

Some of the spots I found are pretty desolate but if my vendor is able to do well (based on what I sell) I would probably consider those spots since they would lend themselves to growth of a future player town...la

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with the handy vendor search, it seems having a centralized vendor house is no longer needed to run a vendor shop these days.

Over the past few weeks of my return I've been running around the server looking for a good plot to set up home. I've found a lot of the old spots taken but at the same time there are quite a few places that would make a great home.

Here's my question. How far off the beaten path would you go to get to a vendor that was carrying something you needed at a price you were willing to pay?

Some of the spots I found are pretty desolate but if my vendor is able to do well (based on what I sell) I would probably consider those spots since they would lend themselves to growth of a future player town...la

Personally i don't care how far i need to go for a bargain but it does make life easier if the house is near an easily recognizable landmark or area so people know where they are heading. With the dungeon/town teleporters and moongates you can get pretty close to any area with relative ease.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the teleportation option work on Siege or did they disable that due to no recall?

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the new traders quests, distance shouldn't be an issue for most who are already tracking from one end of the continent to the other on foot.

Personally, if I can not get an item elsewhere, I will travel anywhere. If I can get the same item at a slightly higher price but at a very convenient location; I'll forego the journey for the sake of saving a little time.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It depends on if its a "hey i'd buy that" or a "I need this now" kind of item. The former I probably wont trek across the globe to get to, but the latter I would. I still have a desire to "window shop" because when I have money I often don't know what I might want to spend it on till I see it. So I would happily travel out of my way to a vendor stocked with good crap.

Really though I think a lot of areas are pretty accessible from civilization what with all the house teleporters and crystal portals and the like.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll go where ever there are stocked vendors. The only issue I can think of is if you are too far off the beaten path, most new players won't be shopping there. As a guild leader, I have noticed that a large number of players who are used to recalling, do not know their way around on foot very well. They might THINK they do, but they don't realize it until they get to Siege and you tell them to meet you somewhere.

"What? I don't know where the Minoc Ant Hole is."
"Is there a way to get to the Fire Dungeon without a rune??"
"I have no idea how to find the Hedge Maze!"
"How do I get to T2A without a rune???"
"OMG, there is no moon gate to Vesper! How do I get to Vesper?"
"Oh. I didn't know Yew had a cemetery."
"What's Damwin and how do I get there?"
"Which way is Brit Bank from the Brit gate?" - Facepalm

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Melee or mage, distance means nothing to me. I don´t mind running. It´s kinda relaxing most times anyway.

Does the teleportation option work on Siege or did they disable that due to no recall?
No teleportation option on Siege. You get the map and then the rest is up to you.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gather resources, hunt things, fight other players, decorate your house, poison random food and leave it at the banks, fight NPC ships, mill about on Kelmo's lawn, run trades for your chosen city, . . .
We should all start hanging out on Kelmo's lawn, leave beer cans around, etc.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We should all start hanging out on Kelmo's lawn, leave beer cans around, etc.
We used to back when he lived in Iantown. Of course, we left a lot of bones, robes and pet corpses all over the place, too.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, I was running around the other day and noticed that Iantown still has the sheep spawning in town...la

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the new vendor search... Reminds me of way back when we all had many runebooks to our favorite vendors... By now I have access to lots of teleporters that can transport me many places and runebooks with locations all over... So, to answer your question - I will go anywhere I need to to buy what I want...;)