• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Great job UO coding! (Not) What a fail.

Broli

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So, here I am minding my own business, farming sphinx in fel t2a, then my power goes out. Okay, no big deal. They aren't aggressive, so no biggy. I come back an hour later, log on, see my character and my cu sidhe (which i've had since slightly after MLs release), and I get teleported.... Only now my followers are 0/5. WTF? K no big deal right? Pet summoning ball... nothing. Recalled to the stables... nothing. Log in and out... Nothing. Re-tried pet ball and stables after logging out... nothing. So, I get teleported and lose my cu sidhe that I've had for years on end (A max resist Cu Sidhe, if you are wondering why it ticked me off so much) because of some BS teleport? Seriously? So just in case... I ran across 80% of t2a spamming all follow me. Yeah, another giant waste of my time. Good stuff. Good stuff indeed.

So word to the wise, don't farm in T2A apparently.

OHHHHHH so I page a GM... nothing. No messages, no timer. No queue. :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Great customer support to go along with great coding.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

EDIT: I left a message on www.UO.com/contact, so we shall see if anything comes out of that at all as well.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry to hear you lost your Cu.....but isn't T2A the test shard that gets reset once a year where everything is deleted anyways? Plus if you have the Cu Sidhe on another shard you can always just character copy and get the same Cu back.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ahh, I know the area, I've just never heard it called T2A before, I have always called it the lost lands. My bad heh, sometimes Mesanna can replace people's items/pets when things like that happen, might be worth trying to send her an email.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, here I am minding my own business, farming sphinx in fel t2a, then my power goes out. Okay, no big deal. They aren't aggressive, so no biggy. I come back an hour later, log on, see my character and my cu sidhe (which i've had since slightly after MLs release), and I get teleported.... Only now my followers are 0/5. WTF? K no big deal right? Pet summoning ball... nothing. Recalled to the stables... nothing. Log in and out... Nothing. Re-tried pet ball and stables after logging out... nothing.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
Maybe the next vet reward will be in line with a lighthouse, but in these types it is a dog-house and double clicking on it returns all lost pets! NOT KIDDING as I have lost 20-40 mil in pets over the years too!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe the next vet reward will be in line with a lighthouse, but in these types it is a dog-house and double clicking on it returns all lost pets! NOT KIDDING as I have lost 20-40 mil in pets over the years too!
That's actually a really great idea! Although it would kinda kill pet sellers source of gold since then everyone would only need 1 GD that would never truly die heh.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The reason you got teleported was because your char "logged out" in a champ spawn area and was logged out for too long before you logged back in.

Sucks to lose a pet though. Sorry to hear about that.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry to hear of what happened. People have previously lost vollems, though it was attributed to playing just before server maintenance. You'd think that while someone's examining the teleport code, Mesanna or someone could locate the pet's ID from previous backups to locate it, and recreate if necessary. Yes, for forever there's the policy about not replacing anything lost, but come on, this is the game's error, and why would you have released/destroyed the pet?

Publish 81:
· Pets will now be “rescued” if a server reverts to a backup during which the pet was out in the world
o During server maintenance, these pets will be teleported to a safe location
o This prevents the pets from being killed, or losing loyalty and going wild
o When their owners log in:
§ The rescued pets will teleport to the player, if the player has control slots available
§ Otherwise, the pets will go to the owner’s stables for later retrieval

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've never "lost" a pet that way.... Only pet I lost was a 7X WW I loved dearly when Doom first was out we went to do it and there was the skeletal dragon... We attacked and just before it died it release my pet and killed it.

I recall standing there horrified for awhile.... I just had to log out. I just couldn't play after that.

I believe I wrote an "Ode to Ice"...... My WW had a graveyard ceremony and built him a makeshift grave at one of my houses.

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May not be the same but when I returned to the game 2yrs ago after having a couple of years out the game logged on my tamer 1st as its my fav char. It had taken took hours to tame and train all my pets bane dragons , greater dragons, dread, cu's , rune beetle. Ect. Had all vanished I mean it wasn't the fact they had gone more the time I put into each pet that hurt the most when I managed to speak to someone unfortunately it wasn't mesanna they said that they could do nothing for me to replace the pets I lost nor did I even get a "sorry about that it should never happen" all I got was ignorance but I hope you can get it sorted such a shame to loose a pet you have put literally HOURS of you time into

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try going back to where you lost it. Sometimes pets get left behind if you're not mounted on them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try going back to where you lost it. Sometimes pets get left behind if you're not mounted on them.
Indeed.... if you lost con or something sometimes pets don't "auto stable" like they should... it's possible that you remain "in-game" longer than you thought and your pet simply got unhappy with you and left you.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sorry for the mildly unrelated question, but why are you farming Sphinx?

Broli

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just something different to fight. I am making a minor database for myself on what drops from what. But with my pet getting deleted, definitely losing interest in that now.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should run around the coast and the mountains to see if it wandered, there is a chance that it is walking around.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason you got teleported was because your char "logged out" in a champ spawn area and was logged out for too long before you logged back in.

Sucks to lose a pet though. Sorry to hear about that.
I was thinking the same but he didn't say if it was trammel or fel.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back broli.. UO-1 Broli's Pets-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah if you were gone for an hour, there's a good chance that it became unhappy and unbonded. I know it's not fun but they do wander rather far so running around T2A looking for it might seem daunting, but as a tamer I understand losing certain pets and you bet your rear I'd be out there lookin for it lol.

What shard are you on? I could come help look for it.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm struggling at 50 taming skill right now. Too short of patience to follow bambi around like a poacher.

But after reading all these stories of people and their pets; I'm looking forward to my first greater Dragon in 2020. XD

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
HA lol I hear ya. I wandered around Moonglow after the Harts and Great Harts...was so excited when I got to bulls...ridgebacks were fun. Taming my first Blue Beetle was a DISASTER! I will never 120 it though, my original tamer never got completed, it was too hard :/ Maharia on Napa is at 97.8 taming lol. My Origin Maharia is at 103, 116 with a ring, Have the orny on so can't use a brac and that's as high as I'll get...if she was a pure tamer maybe but I have magery so there's no room to 120 it...one of the harder skills for sure but most worth it.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just struggling to make it to 70 taming. After that I'm blessed with Siege RoT. :)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, my taming is sitting on a stone at 73. Not even RoT has gotten me excited about running around raising taming, lol...la

Broli

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah if you were gone for an hour, there's a good chance that it became unhappy and unbonded. I know it's not fun but they do wander rather far so running around T2A looking for it might seem daunting, but as a tamer I understand losing certain pets and you bet your rear I'd be out there lookin for it lol.

What shard are you on? I could come help look for it.

It didn't release during the hour I was afk. It logged out with me. When I logged back on, I seen the cu for about 2 seconds before I was teleported.

Broli

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You should run around the coast and the mountains to see if it wandered, there is a chance that it is walking around.
I also spent a good hour running around spamming all follow me. It couldn't of gone far considering most of t2a is an island you can't reach without going into teleporters or dungeons.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, here I am minding my own business, farming sphinx in fel t2a, then my power goes out. Okay, no big deal. They aren't aggressive, so no biggy. I come back an hour later, log on, see my character and my cu sidhe (which i've had since slightly after MLs release), and I get teleported.... Only now my followers are 0/5. WTF? K no big deal right? Pet summoning ball... nothing. Recalled to the stables... nothing. Log in and out... Nothing. Re-tried pet ball and stables after logging out... nothing. So, I get teleported and lose my cu sidhe that I've had for years on end (A max resist Cu Sidhe, if you are wondering why it ticked me off so much) because of some BS teleport? Seriously? So just in case... I ran across 80% of t2a spamming all follow me.
Here is a bug submitted last month It's not really the same thing, but the *Edit may be what you have experienced just in a different area.
since Cu Sidhes take 4 follower slots, it may have counted you at 8/5 followers for a moment when you were first able to log in, maybe that caused it to go wild.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also spent a good hour running around spamming all follow me. It couldn't of gone far considering most of t2a is an island you can't reach without going into teleporters or dungeons.
Where did it transfer you to? Pap? I'd have another look in that general direction, once I found a horse of mine while chasing a guy from the gate of a char I hadn't used for a week(it was well past Yew...).

Broli

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Where did it transfer you to? Pap? I'd have another look in that general direction, once I found a horse of mine while chasing a guy from the gate of a char I hadn't used for a week(it was well past Yew...).
It sent me to compassion shrine (The desert one north of brit), in fel. Not even in T2A lol.

Last edited:

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate when things like that happen. A few months ago, I was taking my character into Blackthorn dungeon after his swampie had died. I had retrieved his second swampie from the stables so wasn't too worried about it. But when I got to the area where you get dismounted and your pets stabled, my dead swampie was teleported somewhere and when I retrieved my second swampie, I noticed that I only had one pet slot occupied. Logging in and out did not get the original swampie. I don't remember whether I tried a pet ball, not even sure if they work on dead pets. Because it was a swampie it wasn't a big deal to me. Had it been my GD, now that would have been real bad. It was still weird that the bonded pet was lost.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have some 20 something tamers and taming is the ONLY skill I have NEVER 120'd.... I do intend to get there someday.... but I'm in no rush. I have 3 or 4 tamers who sit at 115 very comfortably.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lost a 4.0 greater dragon in a very similar way. I got no support in getting it back, but that is what is to be expected right?