• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone use a gargoyle wraith dexer

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was looking at some of the gargish weapons. Care to share your template, weapons and tactics?

Mine is currently a thrower, but has swords scrolled out.

Last edited:

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me start how would this template work out:
120 Swords
120 chivalry
120 anatomy
120 bushido
120 tactics
60 parry (300 point lmc bonus)
40 spirit speak
20 necro

Reforged Gargish Talwar
HSL/HLL/hit area/hit spell/slayer

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
where is SSI on your talwar?
hit area may be kamikaze in Fel
hit spell is close to useless
HML would be handy against monsters that have no mana...

why talwar?

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where is SSI on your talwar?
hit area may be kamikaze in Fel
hit spell is close to useless
HML would be handy against monsters that have no mana...

why talwar?
I think it has high damage and whirlwind. I use it on my elvish dexer, same weapon set up, and he cleans house very well at spawns, and mini champs.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do not. But for someone who does (or is thinking about it), check out the new Disc Mace from the 2014 Halloween turn-in items. The specials of a scepter are not that impressive for a human/elf, but a disc mace has Armor Ignore. It is a 2.75s base weapon speed with a massive 30 SSI. The only downside is that is has no Damage Increase, but that can be solved by other items. I've been thinking about trying this weapon with a gargish mystic dexxer and run in stone form.

Garg Sceptre of Pride.png

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
they drop anything good?
Only the doom items. Need 50 for the Sceptre and Sterling Silver Ring each. I think I'd go for the DI using other means though. Without HCI, DCI, or stats, I think there are better rings.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
probably, I have the human scepter already, saving up for the ring- up to 42 items. Getting one every 20 minutes or so off rotting corpses/liches with 2500 luck. Was hoping do to better than that.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the best luck tweaking my template by adding enough ninja to cast mirrors, then popping 12 dark guardians for. Quick whirlwind party. Rinse and repeat, usually get a drop every second or third round. Better frequency when others are in the room, 0 luck.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I had the best luck tweaking my template by adding enough ninja to cast mirrors, then popping 12 dark guardians for. Quick whirlwind party. Rinse and repeat, usually get a drop every second or third round. Better frequency when others are in the room, 0 luck.
I hate those ww'ers in DG room. Two such players can ruin the game for hole party because with WW they do too much damage. Especially if they use a script to auto attack.

I myself use a Dexxer to farm doom arties but I don't use WW.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I hate those ww'ers in DG room. Two such players can ruin the game for hole party because with WW they do too much damage. Especially if they use a script to auto attack.

I myself use a Dexxer to farm doom arties but I don't use WW.
You just have to be quicker than them. When the whirlwinders where there I brought a necromage and withered preemptively. I almost always got in a big hit and got drops every 2-3 rounds. When there was no whirlwinders there, I switched out and grabbed my sampire with resist.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use EC for this, makes looting easy. One day I was in there and someone was attacking faster than I was and I just figured that I didn't know how to use EC very well. That probably explains it.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I mistakenly chose the gargoyle sceptre of pride last night when I meant to get the one for humans. If anyone can trade with me I would really appreciate it. It took me days to get 50 drops and I was shocked and disappointed at my lack of looking one page further in the list of rewards. I intend to get the sterling silver ring too if possible. I don't want the gargoyle sceptre....let me know if you could trade the human for the garg or even buy the gargoyle one. I have a great gargoyle thrower but I want to keep him that way....thanks!!!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just let me know when you are on and where you are at and I'll get there,

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
K, give me a few minutes to find it, it is on my wife's account.