• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stygian Abyss (New Account + 30 Days of Game Time)

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Quick question. I just recently started playing UO again after a near 10 year break. Instead reactivating my accounts (which were primarily Atlantic characters), I've chosen to start all over on Siege.

I started a new account for the 14 day free play time to be used as my RtB trial time.

I've reached the time where I want to actually activate the account and add the Stygian Abyss. I see Origin has an upgrade code that comes with 30 days of play time.

Here's the question? It is listed as "new account", does this mean I need to create another account and lose all of my two week gains to be able to upgrade or does purchasing this item give me a code that will upgrade the account and add the 30 days?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off I'm not sure about how this works on Siege, BUT unless you were in game 24/7 for the last two weeks and have hit ninety on several skills you are interested in keeping, I might advocate the brand new SA account option with 30 days for free. There is a "new player" feature to this account setup that includes some starter gear *not sure about on siege* and also allows for rapid skill gain through randomized gains, that may also benefit people you play with or are partied with.

I had a guild mate that had taken a long break also that came back just after SA released. She was not able to recover/recall her account details sufficiently to have it available, but with the randomized accelerated gains was able to recover a good bit of her seven years worth of playing skill wise inside that thirty days.

Just a thought.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, you will have to create a new account to use that SA + 30 days code.
It won't work on an existing trial account. I have tried it before. Had to start a brand new account and lose the two weeks of training I had done on the trial account.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yes, you will have to create a new account to use that SA + 30 days code.
It won't work on an existing trial account. I have tried it before. Had to start a brand new account and lose the two weeks of training I had done on the trial account.
Well, that is a bummer. Granted the skills I built up aren't that high, but I did spend that time working the skills up. I wonder why that is the case? I'm surprised they didn't have an upgrade code. I'd almost be willing to do that with this account than have to start off fresh; AGAIN.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There is a "new player" feature to this account setup that includes some starter gear and also allows for rapid skill gain through randomized gains, that may also benefit people you play with or are partied with.
Do you happen to know if there is any documentation on this so I can get a little more info?

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I went to the UO site and did find a link to an upgrade existing account, so I'll do that unless I can find out what the fun little "new player" features are.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically the privilege for the new account is something like a thirty day alacrity scroll applied to all skill gains. Never took advantage of it myself, but I do still have my guildmates starter kit armor on Origin.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SA + 30 days game time DO NOT work on excisting accounts. You need the upgrade for excisting accounts, wich does not include gametime.

If you do a search on stratics you should find several posts. It is also stated on Orign where you find the products.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I did search on Origin, but in the list of UO products they did not have the upgrade code available (just the new account + 30 days). It wasn't until I clicked the link from UO.com that I was able to find the upgrade code.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You should find your old account and re-activate that one mainly because the years of Veteran Rewards you be missing out on.

Too many players come back to Ultima Online and instead of activating their original accounts start over and get screwd out of many years of veteran rewards.

I myself came back 8 years ago and started over from scratch.

I've played Ultima Online for 14 years yet I only have 8th year reward choices.

Veteran reward system sucks and not activating your original account your just screwing yourself even more.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You should find your old account and re-activate that one mainly because the years of Veteran Rewards you be missing out on.

Too many players come back to Ultima Online and instead of activating their original accounts start over and get screwd out of many years of veteran rewards.

I myself came back 8 years ago and started over from scratch.

I've played Ultima Online for 14 years yet I only have 8th year reward choices.

Veteran reward system sucks and not activating your original account your just screwing yourself even more.
While I do agree that limited myself by starting a new account isn't the best, I am coming back for some of the feel UO used to have. That's why I will only be playing on Siege. I do not wish to have to adapt to insurance, and Siege almost doesn't have it (it does have a single blessed item for every player).

Its not the Vet rewards I will miss, it's the ability to have a template with 720 natural skill points instead of 700.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
While I do agree that limited myself by starting a new account isn't the best, I am coming back for some of the feel UO used to have. That's why I will only be playing on Siege. I do not wish to have to adapt to insurance, and Siege almost doesn't have it (it does have a single blessed item for every player).

Its not the Vet rewards I will miss, it's the ability to have a template with 720 natural skill points instead of 700.
All UO Accounts have 720 cap regardless of account age. This was a great change made by the Dev Team for situations just like this.

And you will be missing the Veteran Rewards once you find out about some of them particularity shard Shields the most unbalancing item ever in Ultima Online.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All UO Accounts have 720 cap regardless of account age. This was a great change made by the Dev Team for situations just like this.

And you will be missing the Veteran Rewards once you find out about some of them particularity shard Shields the most unbalancing item ever in Ultima Online.
Well, to be fair, if he wants to play siege he's not going to be missing shields that much.