• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Often Do You Play UO? [Poll]

How Often Do You Play UO?

• Total voters

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Simple poll, it's been a while since someone made one of these, so will be interesting to see if the answers have changed.

How often do you play UO?

What do you enjoy doing when you play?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
think the question would be more like hours per day for most
some play 24 hours...including afk playing whilen they are away for sleep
others play a quick hour a day...
lots of people inbetween i guess

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I didn't think about that, but either way, even if they only log in for a minute a day, still counts as playing daily technically

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have not logged in for over a month now, Since Archeage went live. I am now thinking about closing my accounts down. Its a hard decision it would be the first time in 17 years i have closed my accounts down but there is just not enough people playing UO anymore and MMO's are all about people. IMHO its the best MMO in the world, but without people to populate the servers its worthless.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simple poll, it's been a while since someone made one of these, so will be interesting to see if the answers have changed.

How often do you play UO?

What do you enjoy doing when you play?
When I play I play like 3-5 days a week, and I only play for a month or two a year. So I don't know how to answer. :p

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When I play I play like 3-5 days a week, and I only play for a month or two a month. So I don't know how to answer. :p
However much you play right now would be the answer then I guess lol :D

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 - 5 days a week BUT only log on for 15-30 min's a day, check vendors do a quick stealables run then off.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without any changes to the current content I enjoy. No new content that isn't an event or short run grind for an oddity. No interest in having to make the latest greatest template in a god suit requiring tons of gold checks, tons of luck and a math degree. Just so I can solo so boss that insta kills a nightmare.

As pointed out there is a low head count in the game. Loner fun like BoDs and fishineg needs constant tweeks to keep interest. Simple add and remove from the possible rewards a few times a year.

Coral players that hunt for rare items in the Doom Guantlet. Expand the reward list right down to unique deco. Few times a year rotate in and out select items from the world wide drop options. Even can float in and out some peerless spawn or boss in the loop rooms for short durations if new drops make it a popular hunt area.

A twin running poll should be started on the same choices but how we played 5 years ago.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I tend to have about 3 nights a week where I will play for 6 to 8 hours, 1 weekend day where I am on from morning until bed, and then two days where I will probably come on just to putz around for an hour or two and see what's happening on our TeamSpeak server or Stratics but don't do much of productive value. I like to think this amount of game play qualifies me as a 'full time' player. If I didn't have a job or girlfriend, I'd probably play all day every day.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Honestly, right now I'm at one day a week, mainly to empty 20+ ore carts + 1 sheep + 1 stump and to keep tabs on my bandage fountains. As of lately I've been busy with a couple of other projects as well as following Shroud of the Avatar and Shards Online.

Beyond that, in regards to UO itself, the lead up to the transition to Broadsword was not a great time from where I sat and I've mainly been waiting to see a turn around from the feel of that era. I have seen it in bits and pieces, and kudos for that, but the biggest visible piece I'm waiting to see is the High Resolution artwork update for the EC. I'm not sure at that point how much that will rekindle my overall interest... if so, it's a win for UO, the Dev Team and Broadsword, if not, it's probably more my interest falling elsewhere as SotA and Shards move forward. At that point, the lack of interest I will have to say is NOT because of the actions (or inactions) of the dev team.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Almost daily - late at night - usually several hours - farming for gold or ingredients, building skills, collecting Doom drops or crystal skulls
EDIT: Oh, yeah, I'm also still running a few trade quests every couple days. I just do a little of this and a little of that and avoid burnout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted 4 days a week... but that can be misleading. I would say I average about 30 minutes of game time total per week these days. Between work, school, and kids, I just do not have the time I used to.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I couldn't vote, since there wasn't an option to choose "sporadically" or "whenever I'm in the mood, which always varies".

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I couldn't vote, since there wasn't an option to choose "sporadically" or "whenever I'm in the mood, which always varies".
I was afraid if I added that one, everyone would pick it and it would kill the poll, since technically everyone logs in whenever they're in the mood...otherwise they wouldn't log in lol ;)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you forgot "Not Enough!"
Then we would need one for "Too Much!" also lol ;)

Ah, what a delicate balance it is, between not spending enough time playing, and the neighbors coming to the door wondering if your ok because you've been sitting in the house playing UO for 2 weeks straight.

"Sir, can you explain in detail what happened to make you stay in your house for 2 weeks please"

"It got out of control so fast!!! It's all just a blur...a blur of mongbats, champion spawns...and some guy who kept spamming chat trying to sell stuff!!!" :eek:

:stretcher:

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish I could be on more... but I get bleary eyed and tired too fast and ever since I broke my arm (the day after X-Mas) my wrist just can't handle the mouse as much as it once could. Also since my work schedule changed I can now only be on pretty much Mon, Tue, Super late Wed and Thursday ... Fri, Sat and Sunday while I'd like to be on I have about 2 hours to myself between work, eat and sleep so playing UO really isn't in the cards on those days.

Back a few years ago you couldn't get me to quit. I have even been guilty of "faking" a sick day to be at a good IDOC in the past. But anymore I just can't be on as much as I'd like. Rather limits my ability to do the things I enjoy in UO or any game for that matter.