• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Swampy Armor

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I use my Samp in Doom, and have noticed lately that with armor on my swampy (with an AI hit) I do roughly 168 when hitting DF. When the armor breaks mid fight, I suddenly start hitting for aound 198 with the same wep and AI. Any reason?

I figured armor and swampy were defensive bonuses, but its happened probly 10 times now and each time the numbers are all consistent.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I've only done a few gauntlet loops recently, so I'm not sure if maybe Dark Fathers are some special circumstance (doubtful), but I can say for sure that I've not seen this effect in other scenarios.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have never noticed this before. It does sound inconsistent with everything I've read or experienced over the years. I will keep my eye on this.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so maybe someone can lay out officially what a swampy does for a sampire...armored and un armored...I would appreciate it

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A swampy with a barging deed will absorb damage so you don't take as much.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I watched this last night while finishing a Cora and noticed the same result. I shall watch tonight to see if the same goes again and report if I can.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
so maybe someone can lay out officially what a swampy does for a sampire...armored and un armored...I would appreciate it
A swampy is a mount and adds to your movement speed. Without barding, it provides no other benefit. With a normal barding, it provides a 10% reduction in damage taken. With an exceptional barding it takes a 20% reduction in damage taken. The Paraoxymous dragon gives a 12% reduction in damage taken and cannot wear a barding.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I use my Samp in Doom, and have noticed lately that with armor on my swampy (with an AI hit) I do roughly 168 when hitting DF. When the armor breaks mid fight, I suddenly start hitting for aound 198 with the same wep and AI. Any reason?
Seems that Damage Eater eat damage you do instead of damage you take. 192 - 168 = 40. If 192 dmg is 100% then 40dmg is 20% which is the same ammount that exceptional barding have. lol

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I did some experimentation last night. I was killing dragons/greaters in Destard. Doing exactly the damage my math says I should. Then my armor broke and I continued to do the same amount of damage. So I swapped weapons(well, same weapon type, just a air slayer instead of dragon slayer) and headed into shame to whack some UEVs - didn't bother with new armor, and same damage.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A swampy is a mount and adds to your movement speed. Without barding, it provides no other benefit. With a normal barding, it provides a 10% reduction in damage taken. With an exceptional barding it takes a 20% reduction in damage taken. The Paraoxymous dragon gives a 12% reduction in damage taken and cannot wear a barding.
I thought a swampy without barding absorbed like 7% damage?