• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

the new doom drops

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
went out on Origin last night wish some guild mates and tried out the new DOOM drop system.
ill say the drop rate IS increased from what it was on TC but wowsers is it still low low low!

maybe im just jaded but i was in there for a hour on a tamer and i was dropping stuff non stop, no low end stuff, all top fame critters and i got 1 drop.

maybe im remembering the TOT event with rose colored glasses but i seem to recall i would get a drop every 10-15 minutes while doing that.

so lets say i wanna get one of the big items.
i would need to grind 50 (FIFTY!!!) hours to get one item.
and this isnt a permanent event even is it?
if it is, then hey everything is cool and i can pick away at this over the next 2 years or so, but if this is a 2 week then then holy heck the drop rate needs to be upped a weee bit.

now, that said, i was running 0 luck.
im gonna whip up a quick 1200-1300 luck suit right now and go back in and do another hour tonight and ill see if that makes any big difference.

TTFN

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I find I get more drops killing the lower lvl monsters, or killing things really fast. I have my mare down here now killing restless souls 1 at a time :/ very slow but I get a drop every 20 minutes or so. I spent about 2 hours on rotters training healing on my Cu and got 1 drop. There's a guy down here just killin the snot out of the gibberlings and he's gotten over 300 so far. Also depends on luck, my luck is very low, only 715 but from my experience the drop rate is decent.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
300 from gibberlings i think the fella is telling tall tales.
a guild mate was in there doing the same and he pulled 2 in a hour.
so unless that fella has been in there for 100 hours i think he may be stretching the truth a bit.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds to me like the drop rate may be okay for prodo shards, but it should be much higher for Siege since we don't have insurance and we have had this item based game forced upon our shard since AoS. Give us some love devs.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awwww Poo ..... It was all about Karma.

You really know why the drop rate was so low ... for you!

Q

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
went in again tonight, this time with 2200 luck.
drop rate was better.
i pulled 3 items in the first hour then another 1 item in the following 20 minutes.
so aprox 1 item per 20 minutes of hard core heavy duty killing, no breaks, just straight running and fighting.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find I get more drops killing the lower lvl monsters, or killing things really fast. I have my mare down here now killing restless souls 1 at a time :/ very slow but I get a drop every 20 minutes or so. I spent about 2 hours on rotters training healing on my Cu and got 1 drop. There's a guy down here just killin the snot out of the gibberlings and he's gotten over 300 so far. Also depends on luck, my luck is very low, only 715 but from my experience the drop rate is decent.
You know what this means: 100 of people on all shards fighting the same spots. Harrassment and griefing nonstop for the next weeks! Yay!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds to me like the drop rate may be okay for prodo shards, but it should be much higher for Siege since we don't have insurance and we have had this item based game forced upon our shard since AoS. Give us some love devs.
*knows where his thief will be camping* I do love that our Doom has our Siege ruleset. Can you imagine all of the crying if Doom had the Fel ruleset on the production shards? Just think back to the discussions about how awful it was when players actually went looking for power scrolls but could only get them in the Fel spawns...la

Reactions: Kat

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
they drop in your pack, and you get a message, something like you notice a strange crest on an item on the monster and pick it up thinking it may be worth something.

unfortunately they are the same color as the cursed brittle items, that grey color.
since Blackthorn Crested items has that nice red color would have been nice if they picked a more stand out color for the Doom Crested Items..... say blue?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*knows where his thief will be camping* I do love that our Doom has our Siege ruleset. Can you imagine all of the crying if Doom had the Fel ruleset on the production shards? Just think back to the discussions about how awful it was when players actually went looking for power scrolls but could only get them in the Fel spawns...la
Honestly see little point in doing this event on Siege.. can't insure anything so what's the point of gathering anything worth stealing?

Just my opinion... I'm fine with junk I get from just hunting.... I don't even bother really imbuing except to make cheap lrc suits. Deco junk is ok on Siege if I can get it home... otherwise there isn't much point to that either.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is precisely why I'd love to see item properties removed from Siege. I completely understand that this will never happen due to the coding required, but if they went back to the old vanquishing weapon days on Siege.

The only people you see running around with full suits and great weapons are usually in groups. Very few individuals run around with anything of value unless they have their Siege bless on it...la

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah blue would be cool... or something that stands out... how about pink or sigil :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like hard work. I think I'll just buy the artie's when people spam then for sale in general chat just like the Minax ones. I don't have time to grind away like that. I'm far to busy bank sitting.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like hard work. I think I'll just buy the artie's when people spam then for sale in general chat just like the Minax ones. I don't have time to grind away like that. I'm far to busy bank sitting.
Delete the last sentence and I can sign that, my friend! 5 weeks is a bad joke!

No cheerleading from me this time!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats the deal with the ancient clay vases? Turn in dude don't want um, and they seem to spawn regular.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
arnt the vases needed for the kit (10 vases + kit) to make your scroll letter?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Beats me. It'll be another 5 hours before I can get 3 more drops so I can get a kit anyway. :/
You use a blade on them to get the scrolls you need to craft the prophetic manuscripts.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Got 11 in 2h (Paladin 665 luck, run and hit fast), friend said he got 25 (Sampire 2k luck) I just wanted to say its pretty fun to do, and see so many people doing it at once. Good that lag is not big.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You use a blade on them to get the scrolls you need to craft the prophetic manuscripts.
I must be missing something because I cannot pick them up, and double clicking does nothing. Do you have to steal them?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I must be missing something because I cannot pick them up, and double clicking does nothing. Do you have to steal them?
Yes.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep steal them then use a skinning knife on them.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so: Not dyable and no "Lord"-Title? Hmm... Think I will not spend my points on them. Brown lanterns are lame.

So, guys: Please help me out: If you had only time for grinding 50 points. Which item would you try to get? Which seems to be the best? The most valuable? Personally, I think, the scepter is quite useful. What is your opinion?

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The scepter is not bad and could be a good weapon for doom, but it hasnt damage increase and I dont like the special moves (Crushing Blow, Mortal Strike). The Cloak can be nice for those that dont have a despicable quiver. So for me the most valuable Item are the boots of escaping.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Drowy! Yes, the special moves are crappy. I would have preferred Armor Ignore. When it comes to the cloak, well: You can get 5 DCI with the Quiver of Infinity and I would rather try to get my 5 HCI elsewhere. So, not particularly sexy... (as it is irrelevant if you get 5 DCI or 5 HCI on a cloak/quiver, you will have to maxx it out).

The boots... Hmmm... Dexterity? It is capped... And SOOO easy to max out... I can Imagine ALOT of better parts for the feet: Soles of Providence, those eater sandals and so on. The ring is a bad joke.

If you ask me: The lanterns would have been the only nice reward, but if you cannot change the color of them. Well...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I think, you are right. The boots... Hmm... Maybe I just sell the "of Doom"-pieces :p

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If system will be turn off in the most valuable item may be the one that is not popular, and no one have chosen it <:

I'm after boots for my char and title "Defender of the Living", will take me i guess 5 days of 2-3h of farming.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not after the rewards (nothing amazing imo). I will just try and make a full platemail suit up the "of Doom" parts. So if anyone on Atlantic gets platemail "of Doom" artifacts let me know and I'd be willing to buy or swap for other ones.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a platemail jingasa and a platemail hatsuburi, but I guess, you prefer the European style ;-)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well since I missed the garb event so many years ago im looking forward to picking up some of this new stuff.
Welcome back! Stick around and check out Blackthorn's castle and the dungeon underneath. You might find that worth your while. :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The boots... Hmmm... Dexterity? It is capped... And SOOO easy to max out... I can Imagine ALOT of better parts for the feet: Soles of Providence, those eater sandals and so on. The ring is a bad joke.
doesnt matter what stat is on the boots. dex can just be lower and added to another stat. the boots are pretty awesome. i use plus 3 int prepatch 255 dura boots on my 211 stam archer and bush dexter / sampy. these will definitely be an upgrade. for those using the normal 150 dura versions of the detective boots an even bigger upgrade.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
doesnt matter what stat is on the boots. dex can just be lower and added to another stat. the boots are pretty awesome. i use plus 3 int prepatch 255 dura boots on my 211 stam archer and bush dexter / sampy. these will definitely be an upgrade. for those using the normal 150 dura versions of the detective boots an even bigger upgrade.
The only thing concerning these 4 dex boots is , for a mage, 10 base dex + crimson cincture speically the VvV one with 10 dex, boost your dex to 20 which is enough for any mage. This is why the 4 intel boots will remain the best for a mage still. But for a dexxy yea the 4 dex boots is a upgrade.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing concerning these 4 dex boots is , for a mage, 10 base dex + crimson cincture speically the VvV one with 10 dex, boost your dex to 20 which is enough for any mage. This is why the 4 intel boots will remain the best for a mage still. But for a dexxy yea the 4 dex boots is a upgrade.
I miss the days with the real "wowzer" artifacts werent shoes and aprons. Only half kidding... a third kidding. :p

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes i was not talking about most mages hehe. however my mage needs 80 dex, so they are very nice for him.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yea overall the boots is the best reward, considering also how hard it is to get the 4 intel boots (one could do a hundred of baracoons spawns and not get a single +4 int boots) , and also the 4 dex ones has a slight 1 stam regen bonus !