• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dexterity and Lockpicking, Stealing and Snooping....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does dexterity effects success rate for Lockpicking, Stealing and Snooping ?

I recently dusted off these Rogue skills from Soulstones and, for some reasons, I put them on a character that was formerly a spellcaster with currently (with items' bonuses) 120 strength, 135 intelligence and only 15 dexterity.

Question is, do I need to re-arrange the stats as 15 dexterity will indeed affect my rogue skills success rate (in such a case what level of dexterity is required not to penalize Rogue skills success rate ?) or I can leave them as they are and not worry about it ?

Thanks !

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my mage thief is at 20 dex and has 0 problems stealing anything 1st try my smugglers edge thief is at 150 and has 0 problems stealing anything 1st try also

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my mage thief is at 20 dex and has 0 problems stealing anything 1st try my smugglers edge thief is at 150 and has 0 problems stealing anything 1st try also
The qustion is not whether one can "eventually" land a steal or two or pick a lock after XXX attempts ..... the question is whether having more dexterity will get one to make "better" steals (rarer items from monsters ?) or pick a chest's lock eariler thus avoiding destruction of items inside....

So, there are good reasons, IMHO, to know whether or not dexterity factors in with a better enjoyment of stealing, lockpicking and snooping.....

Anyone knows or should we ask the Developers about this ?

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The qustion is not whether one can "eventually" land a steal or two or pick a lock after XXX attempts ..... the question is whether having more dexterity will get one to make "better" steals (rarer items from monsters ?) or pick a chest's lock eariler thus avoiding destruction of items inside....

So, there are good reasons, IMHO, to know whether or not dexterity factors in with a better enjoyment of stealing, lockpicking and snooping.....

Anyone knows or should we ask the Developers about this ?

Answer: No

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps there is one main difference and I believe Petra had told you this in her earlier post about this same subject. using a smugglers edge is way more proficient in getting the lotions ,potions and balms along with getting the smugglers lantern and the smugglers toolbox which gives you 10 lockpicks per week. this is due to 1 reason only. This is using the weapon you actually kill the target while auto stealing .while doing this using just a thief you only can steal from a monster 1 time only thus after stealing you have to kill it to make sure you don't waste time and try to steal from it again. in stealing from the tokuno spawn you will see not using the smugglers edge there can be confusing to do without killing the target you just stole from.as far as you other question about exploding the chest I agree with Gooch the answer is NO you will fail sometimes and yes the grubber will take some items but in most cases you kill it and guess what.... you get the item back.dont confuse t-maps with the stealing from mobs at spawns. they are 2 entirely different things to do. with t-maps I have a toon set up for just doing those . if you need more info plz message me and I will be glad to help you out with any questions you might have. I also am in the process of learning how to make videos and post them to be able to help others out in making it more simple to do these :)An yes allways ask the devolupers because they are they one that truly know the truth....

Last edited: