• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

October Schedule

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Governor's Council - Sunday, October 19th at 7 PM EST
Hall of Commons - Tuesday, October 21st at 7 PM EST
Sosarian Solstice Faire - Saturday, October 25th at 9:00 PM EST
The Final Head of the Chimera - Sunday, October 26th at 7 PM EST
The Witching Hour - Tuesday, October 28th at 8 PM EST
Gypsies, Gamblers, and Talons -Sunday, November (Being rescheduled due to player component not being available for this date) EST (Tentative)

Last edited:

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First.

Edit:
Little short notice on the Council meeting, but as the King wishes....

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please, please, please tell us WHAT was edited in the schedule when it happens. Its very confusing, especially when I write this stuff down so I make sure I make it.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The change was bolded in this case.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The change was bolded in this case.
No.

The change my post referred to was the event The Final Head of the Chimera being moved to 7pm. The schedule originally said 6pm.

Like I have said before, I dont mind stuff being moved around. We are all human, stuff comes up, mistakes are made...whatever. I just want them to realize that they should make a post or a note specifying what was changed.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally ive given up on expecting anything more than a very tentative always changing schedule from chessy.

Its not something to be relied on so i wouldnt be surprised at another unannounced change.

10-26 - delayed one hour with out notice.

September 2014 – 9/5 “Treasure Hunt” changed last minute to 9/7

August 2014 – 8/30 “Treasure Hunt” changed to 9/5

July 2014 – 7/31 “A Thief’s Ransom” changed last minute to 8/3 – no update to event schedule

June 2014 “King of Minions” postponed to July 3rd

May 2014 5/27 “pvp event” – details never given. Redone on 6/11

April 2014 4/12 Governors meeting changed last minute to 4/26

March 2014 3/30 “Seeking the Keeper” changed last minute to 4/5

“A Pirates Trail” Postponed. Promotions only posted last minut.

February 2014 - Governors meeting postponed.

January 2014 – Governors meeting postponed. No update until after original time had past.

December 2013 – no scheduling changes / problems

etc etc.

only shard with habitual scheduling problems.

Last edited:

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've discussed the schedule issue before. You've raised your concerns. And it's true, when we put 'Tentative' it's usually because we anticipate it might change. Some of our latest events have also necessitated working around player schedules, and we also do our best to accommodate player events because at its core our purpose is to provide for the players of the Chesapeake shard and if we inadvertently schedule on top of such an event we alter our schedule. November schedule will be up later tonight. We will no longer discuss scheduling other than to notify of when events are planned and if any changes are made. Thank you.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We will no longer discuss scheduling other than to notify of when events are planned and if any changes are made.

This right here is WHY the scheduling issues keep getting brought up. We have recorded examples, of where proper notification of schedule changes DIDNT happen.

That is totally the only issue.

** Example - the recent edit to Gypsies, Gamblers, and Talons. *Just* an edit is not sufficient enough. An edit does not bump the thread, nor does it show me at simple glance something has changed. All that has ever been asked, is that when changes get made, there is a better effort in making sure your whole audience knows of the change.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I'm just grateful that we have active EMs
They could be lazy and just do the bare minimum

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
:bdh:EM Drosselmeyer has stated that this has been discussed and that your concerns have been noted, possibly at an HoC meeting as well. I truly hate locking threads or doing thread bans but that is where this thread is heading. It has been stated many times that if you have concerns about how the EM's are doing things that you should contact Mesanna since she is in charge of the EM Program. [email protected] :bdh: