• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Begging

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok seeing as how stratics is not working for info, and I don't think there is much on there anyways re begging and seeing as I can't find a begging forum, can someone please assist.

Is there anywhere you can 'train' begging up to 30 points?

What is the best way to gain it. I have been going for ages now and don't seem to be getting hardly a gain from 0 skill.

All help appreciated.

HugsNKissesUO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Don't quote me on this, but I think you get gains for successful begs and with 0.0 skill you won't ever be successful, not sure if or where you can train it though.. Maybe from Begger NPC's?

I'd recommend making a new char if you have room with 50 begging then just soul stoning it over, I think beggings one of those long skills to gain.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I remember right, you can train begging from a thief guildmaster. Try Cove to find one.
Gains you only get from active begging. I used to make rounds in Heartwood or Cove.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will need to find the theif guildmaster, he can train you to 30 or so. Best would be to make a new char and soulstone skills over to the char you want it on - if you got room for it.

Then you have to start begging. Cove is a very nice plase for training.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Heartwood is probably one of the easiest places to train Begging... there are plenty of trash barrels there to dump the junk you get when you beg and their are several NPC's in a circular type area you can go around and around and around working on your begging only to stop and dump crap in the barrels as you go. It's honestly one of the more tedious and frustrating skills to work as unlike many others like magic schools or fighter classes you actually can't beg from "more difficult" sources as you gain..... everything is the same. It's only gained by constant and perpetual use... and success. Which makes it much like Taming slow and tedious. With hours of repetitious clicking.

Good luck.

And yes I believe it is the Thief Guildmasters who will train you in it.

If you can afford it I most highly recommend getting yourself a Mythic token and just taking it to 90 and saving yourself hours of clicking and tedium... but that's just me.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Heartwood is probably one of the easiest places to train Begging... there are plenty of trash barrels there to dump the junk you get when you beg and their are several NPC's in a circular type area you can go around and around and around working on your begging only to stop and dump crap in the barrels as you go. It's honestly one of the more tedious and frustrating skills to work as unlike many others like magic schools or fighter classes you actually can't beg from "more difficult" sources as you gain..... everything is the same. It's only gained by constant and perpetual use... and success. Which makes it much like Taming slow and tedious. With hours of repetitious clicking.

Good luck.

And yes I believe it is the Thief Guildmasters who will train you in it.

If you can afford it I most highly recommend getting yourself a Mythic token and just taking it to 90 and saving yourself hours of clicking and tedium... but that's just me.
Then buy 2 +5 sots lol. Most annoying skill to train ever lol.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well found the thief guildmaster in Cove, doesn't train begging, everything else but. ...... Don't want to delete a char to create a new one, not for begging lol Only reason I need train it again is that I just closed the account that had my gm begger on it. Last time I trained it I did start with 50 skill, guess I will do it the slow way this time. I also have the joy of training up detect hidden and snooping again as well, oh what fun :(

Thanks for the replies.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Look for a gypsy in new haven to train begging.
This....currently there is a gypsy in the Inn on Origin in New Haven.

They train Begging, Camping, Snooping and Stealing.