• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UEV without healing

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Just for tests I have killed few UEV's without healing (by melee char).
I hadn't Life Leach.
I had Bushido and Chivalry but didn't used Confidence and Close Wounds.
I hadn't any other healing skills.
I didn't used potions.
I had 4 HPR (from the slither and the crimson).
I used a bladed staff.

During a fight UEV drops my health from 140 to 70-90 hp.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're lucky you didn't fight one of the ones with Bleed Attack. I've fought a few of them on TC, they don't have to land a hit to affect you with Bleed Attack.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Do you speak about Blood Elementals? They have Bleed Attack. Although I though they need to hit you to affect you.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hmm.

Did you make a special suit? Perhaps you left energy resist alone, but refined all the rest down so you had 75 energy resist, but the rest of the caps were all low because you were running 65 DCI.

Combine 65 DC with HLA, and the UEV can't have more than a 10% chance to hit you - if you're with your disco swordsman, and you get the UEV's wrestling down to 110ish that might be even lower. I was going to figure out the exact numbers... but the Stratics page with the formula is not working. If each hit does ~15 damage (I'm assuming 75 energy resist, and that you're on an armored swamp dragon), and you on average will get hit once every 10 or so seconds. I also, shockingly, could not find the equations for calculating total hit point regenerated.

From memory: % hit = 50 + (differnce in weapon skills) + (my HCI - their DCI)/2. So from the perspective of a UEV, that's been disco'd down to 115 wrestle, and HLA'd: 50 + (115-120) + (-25 - 65)/2 = 0%, but we all know that every attack has a 5% chance to hit no matter what... so I guess you only need 55 DCI anyway...

Are you running energy eater at 30%? That would mean that on everage each hit will only effectively reduce your total HP by 10ish.

Or maybe you were in horriffic beast form as well as the above. With 24 total HPR, you're regening >2 HP/sec. Combine that with my "never get hit" suit idea + 30 energy eater and you could probably basically just stand toe to toe with no problem at all.

So... then you run a weapon with 100HML, 50 HLA, 50DI, Air Slayer ... 50 HLD?

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I used my standard armor that I have crafted for my Melee Archer. 29 DCI cap if I remember correctly (there is a link to the suit on the forum). I hadn't any eater. I didn't used any form and had 4 HPR only.
It was on TC and I don't remember all details.
I used a bladed staff with HLA, HFat, HML, DI and absolutely useless in this case Reactive Paralyze.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I find that ... difficult to fathom. I run a broadsword/shield combo, with 100 parry and 90 bushid0 to get the 5 mana reduction on specals, so of course I parry... well effectively nothing. I have 75 energy resist, and 35 DCI.

Granted, I don't run HLA on my longsword, as it's not important since my avg hit is 180 dmg I do plenty of life leeching in vamp form. Also, I do not have armor on my dragon because I think it's just a waste of ingots since I'm doing so much leeching, and in metal armor I don't worry about losing stamina (and have the SR from VF anyway)

Maybe you got lucky and ran into 1 that had very low wrestling skill or something, but the ones that I am killing tend to do thousand or more damage over the course of it's life. I figure it'll hit me ~80 times for avg of 18 dmg.

Maybe the Hit Fatigue really helps out, because after you've landed a few hits, instead of swinging 1.25s the UEV is swinging every 2.5s (base speed of hands).

Were you using Evasion?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
80 times is too many. It means a hit every 2.5 seconds. I have posted a video "37 seconds without getting a hit".

Also UEV does something like 10 damage.... may be 12.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I will do some testing myself this evening. I can say pretty confidently that I get hit a lot more than once every 30 seconds. This baffles me that we're so far off...

I definitely do WAY more damage than you as my minimum is approx your max, and I AI on 18 of every 20 swings - only missing one immediately following recasting Fury.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Ok, I just now killed 4 of these things. I tried to keep a count of how many times it hit me, but that's a lot to keep an eye on I guess. So, for sure I was getting hit for an average of 18 per swing.

I have 75 energy resist, and I believe that UEV hit for 100% energy.

My DCI is 45% base, and 35% with DF of course.

I have 120 swords. I have 100 parry, and 90 bushido, so I basically never parry anything.

I do a range of damage from 159 - 211, so it doesn't take too many hits to kill one.

I was hit 51, 49, lost count above 60, and 38 times.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you speak about Blood Elementals? They have Bleed Attack. Although I though they need to hit you to affect you.
Nope, it was against UEVs on TC when i was testing out which Macing Weps delivered extra Stamina damage. Not every UEV would do Bleed, but some of them did, which made them do more damage than the Life Leech on my weps could keep up with.