• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New UI - ETA

tirrag

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that the new default UI is out and Pinco's UI stopped working, is there an ETA as to when the new Pinco's UI will be out?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that the new default UI is out and Pinco's UI stopped working, is there an ETA as to when the new Pinco's UI will be out?
there is still too much to be done, I can't give an ETA right now...

Lonliness

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This UI is thoroughly broken! I just wanted to remove 9 seeds from one of my seed boxes..every time I take one it closes the box up..!! What with not being able to refill vendors in Legacy form for the many 2d classic players!,Its made it impossible for us being a shop keeper! EXTREMELY amateurish Guys..You cant even put items in your pack without opening the blasted thing!Please get things correct before publishing..How do you expect new and returning players to suffer this!!! What with the childish logging on screen as well!! Its just a great leap backwards

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This UI is thoroughly broken! I just wanted to remove 9 seeds from one of my seed boxes..every time I take one it closes the box up..!! What with not being able to refill vendors in Legacy form for the many 2d classic players!,Its made it impossible for us being a shop keeper! EXTREMELY amateurish Guys..You cant even put items in your pack without opening the blasted thing!Please get things correct before publishing..How do you expect new and returning players to suffer this!!! What with the childish logging on screen as well!! Its just a great leap backwards
You are posting in the wrong topic, the current UI was made following what the dev team wanted and the art was made by the game artist so if you don't like the art take the complains to him, we are speaking of the Pinco's UI 6.0 here :p
Besides that, the UI has been tested and fixed as much as possible, but many people has screwed character profiles that cause all sort of problems, so if you are too lazy to remake your character profile stop blaming the UI and start to blame yourself :D

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100% agree with Pinco

When the new client rolled out, my first expectation was that I was going to have to redo all my characters. The transition has been better than I thought! :) There's so much I didn't have to re-do (like my key-bindings) which is greatly important as I have ridiculous amounts of keys to remember over all my toons.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So the best course of action would be to delete the character profiles and start from scratch?

Fortunatelly I think I made several print screens of the configs with the previous Pinco's UI.

Is Pinco's UI 6.0 going to be very different from 5.0?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the best course of action would be to delete the character profiles and start from scratch?

Fortunatelly I think I made several print screens of the configs with the previous Pinco's UI.

Is Pinco's UI 6.0 going to be very different from 5.0?
yes, the new UI will be the core so it will have MUCH better performance...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
yes, the new UI will be the core so it will have MUCH better performance...
That sounds great.

I guess I will do a clean install and remove all the current stuff regarding your UI and then wait for the 6.0 one.

Lonliness

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I agree with all the comments here.BUT in 2014 you shouldnt have to do all this work on a game to make it playable-ish!.I know the game is 17 years old,but we will never ever attract old and new players to this great game if it is clumsy and unmanagable.Surely we desperately need new blood? Running around the great wilderness and see-ing no one for hours just isnt how I remember Ultima back in the good old days!

Kwilz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You are posting in the wrong topic, the current UI was made following what the dev team wanted and the art was made by the game artist so if you don't like the art take the complains to him, we are speaking of the Pinco's UI 6.0 here :p
Besides that, the UI has been tested and fixed as much as possible, but many people has screwed character profiles that cause all sort of problems, so if you are too lazy to remake your character profile stop blaming the UI and start to blame yourself :D
Don't you just love it when people come into complain, you never hear a peep out of them until something is not working and I bet they haven't even put a dollar in the donation box.
Just want to say thanks for all your great work Pinco! I have just recently come back to UO and of you need/want any programming help let me know, I'm a fairly decent Perl programmer and have several other languages behind my belt.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just recently come back to UO and of you need/want any programming help let me know, I'm a fairly decent Perl programmer and have several other languages behind my belt.
Thanks, but the only thing that I actually don't have is an artist, and that will always be a weak spot in my UI :/

ApolloDisciple

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
PINCO you are a GOD. I love the ui you made and all the work youve done man. I anticipate the release of 6.0 more than I do christmas morning. It would actually be so cool for you to release it christmas morning haha. Well im a broke dude living in my shop and raising a business with my father, im 22, its goin great but starting a business can be so difficult we are 4 years in now. I donated what I could a few weeks ago was like $5 to you I will surely be donated more to your paypal as soon as I can, especially for the new UI. The most exicting part for me was the ability to instantly rate pets in game and see their star rating please keep that. Thank you so much dude for all the work you do for making the gaming experience 908348534573084725x better for us Pinco followers. I await the arrival of 6.0 I got you $20 when i comes out ha. Peace HAIL PINCO

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PINCO you are a GOD. I love the ui you made and all the work youve done man. I anticipate the release of 6.0 more than I do christmas morning. It would actually be so cool for you to release it christmas morning haha. Well im a broke dude living in my shop and raising a business with my father, im 22, its goin great but starting a business can be so difficult we are 4 years in now. I donated what I could a few weeks ago was like $5 to you I will surely be donated more to your paypal as soon as I can, especially for the new UI. The most exicting part for me was the ability to instantly rate pets in game and see their star rating please keep that. Thank you so much dude for all the work you do for making the gaming experience 908348534573084725x better for us Pinco followers. I await the arrival of 6.0 I got you $20 when i comes out ha. Peace HAIL PINCO
the animal lore gump is already done and in place, right now I'm working on the bod/crafting part that is quite big, and then I have several other new things to add... I wish I could make the spells icons better, but I can't afford to pay an artist for that (they ask 10-15$ per icon! :O ).
Anyway, if you have ideas now is the time to send a PM and let me know :D

ApolloDisciple

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This may have been in the earlier version but is there a way to auto open corpses around you and loot specific items, possibly extremely specific, because that would be awesome. Also would there be any way to work in looping or recording of actions kinda like how steam and razor and all them are record ive never tried but ive heard. I have artistic merit if that is what your lookin for i do the designs for our business its www.vizioncouture.com my dad sews and i make the designs. Maybe I can draw you up somethin. Also a unique idea if its doable add a price rating system with one click you get an instant quote of the object or target based off of current prices in the vendor search like showing the minimum price for that object and a max price for that object and the median average price instant with one click. Kinda like how you showed the imbuing intensity number of items when you click them instead of just Greater Artifact or Major Artifact and such. Also for homes that go into the condition: This Structure is in Danger of Collapsing or any of the house decay stages, is there a way to give a warning in big letters across the screen when you run by one and if it is one near you the warning will display letting you know you passed one and possibly a countdown timer letting us know when the house will drop so we dont have to sit at it doing nothing for hours, we can do more fun stuff with our hours then get back to the collapsing house cause we will know exact time it will fall. Ill try to think on some more ideas i know i had more. Thanks PINCO!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may have been in the earlier version but is there a way to auto open corpses around you and loot specific items, possibly extremely specific, because that would be awesome. Also would there be any way to work in looping or recording of actions kinda like how steam and razor and all them are record ive never tried but ive heard. I have artistic merit if that is what your lookin for i do the designs for our business its www.vizioncouture.com my dad sews and i make the designs. Maybe I can draw you up somethin. Also a unique idea if its doable add a price rating system with one click you get an instant quote of the object or target based off of current prices in the vendor search like showing the minimum price for that object and a max price for that object and the median average price instant with one click. Kinda like how you showed the imbuing intensity number of items when you click them instead of just Greater Artifact or Major Artifact and such. Also for homes that go into the condition: This Structure is in Danger of Collapsing or any of the house decay stages, is there a way to give a warning in big letters across the screen when you run by one and if it is one near you the warning will display letting you know you passed one and possibly a countdown timer letting us know when the house will drop so we dont have to sit at it doing nothing for hours, we can do more fun stuff with our hours then get back to the collapsing house cause we will know exact time it will fall. Ill try to think on some more ideas i know i had more. Thanks PINCO!
except the item intensity (that was already there in the my old UI), nothing of what you asked is possible because it will require big changes inside the client (thing that I can't do)...

About the art, if you are in the mood of making the spells icons with a transparent background it will be nice :D

ApolloDisciple

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
uhh well i have no idea on how to upload art into a computer program or anythin like that like photoshop and such or i would totally help you! I will for sure put some money in your paypal when your new UI comes out so i cant wait for it keep us posted!

ApolloDisciple

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
uhh well i have no idea on how to upload art into a computer program or anythin like that like photoshop and such or i would totally help you! I will for sure put some money in your paypal when your new UI comes out so i cant wait for it keep us posted!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If all goes well, I should be able to release the beta next week :)