• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What happened to Europa?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Starting to be a lot longer then it should be on Drachenfels too......

Thor VII

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frarc

Europa went down 30 minutes +- before shard maintenance/reset

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reactivated my account about 30 minutes before the shard went down. I wanted to get some bods done, and after sorting a bit, I finally settled in and started to craft. I didn't even finish one LBod and I had a con loss. Is this what I came back to? Sounds like I wasted my money.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reactivated my account about 30 minutes before the shard went down. I wanted to get some bods done, and after sorting a bit, I finally settled in and started to craft. I didn't even finish one LBod and I had a con loss. Is this what I came back to? Sounds like I wasted my money.
Ouch! I feel for you. It's normally good as gold to be fair. I re-subscribed just before xmas and haven't had any issues apart from this. Oh, and the login servers were down for a few others the other day!
Welcome back! Europa is a great shard. Stick around for a bit.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its the first time in months this happends. People need to control there emotion and stop overreacting like its the end of the world.

Anyony seen the news on the Bus accident in Swiss? 28 peopel died , 22 where kids. They where from Begium and the school was not that far from my place.
Thats Bad. No connection to a game or loosing items means nothing, realy nothing.

A

aricz

UO is a drug. When we can't get it, we go KREZZEI!

On a more serious note, Europa is still down. *sobs* mooommyyyyyyy...

Lord_Rotin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, i should have called GM earlier, when i have seen last night that guy rearranging Luna and releaseing stone to stone and put it in the trash barrel.

But seemingly that guy succeeded and the GMs are now rebuilding the city from the backup.

And truely i didn´t know that a Luna Wall Tile gives 10.000 reward points.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I paged a GM on another shard and asked if the problem could be passed on to someone. In response I got:
I do apologise for the inconvenience but this is currently and issue that is being investigated

There was more, but that's the relevant part. They are aware of the problem and it's being investigated.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I paged a GM on another shard and asked if the problem could be passed on to someone. In response I got:
I do apologise for the inconvenience but this is currently and issue that is being investigated

There was more, but that's the relevant part. They are aware of the problem and it's being investigated.
That is a canned answer the GM like to send us - so, Im not so sure they do. For all we know, the GM dont even know there is such a planet called Sosoria on either Drachenfeld or Europe...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, never had 'currently being investigated' before only 'send in a bug report'. As I said there was more.
Here's the full conversation:
GM (name removed) here. Do you have a moment to speak with me today concerning your petition?
Me: hi
GM: I understand that you were reporting about the Drachenfels and Europa Servern, correct?
*servers
Me: Correct
GM:I do apologise for the inconvenience, but this is currently an issue that is being investigated. I would recommend trying to access these two servers/shards at a later time.
Me: Thank you, just knowing it is being investigated helps
GM:Not a problem, Is there anything else that I could address at this time.
Me: there is no post atm on uoherald on the issue
Me: Thank you that is my only problem at the moment
GM: Thanks for your time and for playing Ultima Online.

Adam

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So it's been over 5 hours since the server went down and there's still no official response.

This is not a free-to-play game, we all pay subscription fees for the privilege, at the very least there should be an acknowledgement of the problem so we know that it's being addressed.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The years have made me cynical but in the past when Europa has been down this long it usually hasnt got fixed till the workday starts in the USA. The response 'being investigated' is not informative at all and could mean as little as, there is a note on someones desk saying 'When you get in Europa and Drachenfel Shards are down could you see what you can do?'. The Herald is rather less than 'on the ball' too, this might mean a similar note on another desk. As has been noted we are paying customers and a little information eases the aggravation.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you know, it could be an hardware problem or some kind of unannounced maintenance of the server farm where the server is located... you have no idea how many times the owners of this server farms mess with rented servers without inform the owners :|

Digowiz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, i should have called GM earlier, when i have seen last night that guy rearranging Luna and releaseing stone to stone and put it in the trash barrel.

But seemingly that guy succeeded and the GMs are now rebuilding the city from the backup.

And truely i didn´t know that a Luna Wall Tile gives 10.000 reward points.
What you mean with "guy rearranging Luna" and "rebuilding the city"... Do you mean someone crack the stones in luna and manage to release them and send them to reward...?!?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you mean with "guy rearranging Luna" and "rebuilding the city"... Do you mean someone crack the stones in luna and manage to release them and send them to reward...?!?
I think you need to recognize a joke when you read one :)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you know, it could be an hardware problem or some kind of unannounced maintenance of the server farm where the server is located... you have no idea how many times the owners of this server farms mess with rented servers without inform the owners :|
Sure it could, it could be no end of things. What annoys people in every situation like this is LACK OF INFORMATION. We all know things can go wrong and that is not an issue. A simple acknowlegement with a little basic information promotes good customer relations even if it tells us that it is a serious problem and will take some time to resolve. This company does not appear to know this.

The 'Herald', supposedly our source of information at times like this, after some 6 hours, resounds with a deafening silence.

SDA1A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not experienced a server crash in some time, what are the chances of a revert if any?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your all looking at this from the wrong angle, take this as an opportunity to get some real life things done. Go do something that's meaningful in life, help an old lady, show your loved one how much they mean to you. Cut the grass, do the dishes, take the dog for a walk. There's loads to do. Then when you come back Europa/Drach will be back up and running again, and in the mean time you have done something worthwhile

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your all looking at this from the wrong angle, take this as an opportunity to get some real life things done. Go do something that's meaningful in life, help an old lady, show your loved one how much they mean to you. Cut the grass, do the dishes, take the dog for a walk. There's loads to do. Then when you come back Europa/Drach will be back up and running again, and in the mean time you have done something worthwhile
for example you can change your default text color since black on black is not the best :D

SDA1A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All chore's completed for the day :p..anyhow I am just concerned because I purchased a cpl items from UO store roughly 30 minutes or so before the crash. Not sure if a revert will affect that, if so I am probly in for little extra typing to their web site for refund or something.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so as it been down all morning??.. 6 hours??? shame i have the morning off and was planning to slay another 2 dozen graverobbers before they get tuned off and i get stuck with 4000 points....dohhhhhhhhh

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn ....but its true ....we need to wait till 9.00-10.00 am in the west side of the good olde usa ....when the devs get to work..so thats gonna be around mid afternoon fix in the uk.....there bound to drop something nice n our packs for the inconvieniance...looks forward to inspecting the backpack later....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not quite that bad, the Devs are in Virginia, which is Eastern USA.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm sure they'll be awake soon. I am, sort of.

Juztme

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
We feel your pain on Oceania... we've been having outages every couple of days for 4 weeks... apparently the ninjas like playing hide and seek with our server :D
mmm.. that would make for LOTS of goodies in our backpacks too ....but I still beleive in faery tales coming true! :D
Hope your server gets fixed faster than ours.. crossing my fingers and toes for you!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'd offer the server coffee, but maybe it'd prefer tea?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for example you can change your default text color since black on black is not the best :D
Oh you're using the black skin! I'm not I have the UO skin on its a nice grey on beige. Try changing your skin if your having problems

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a similar response:
Image8.jpg

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh you're using the black skin! I'm not I have the UO skin on its a nice grey on beige. Try changing your skin if your having problems
now seems white the text... funny thing...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should be turning in for work any time now....a dozen maple syrup donuts each with a bucket of coffee and then hopefully they will flick the switch back on!!

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cleaner's plugged the Hoover in the wrong socket again.......:oops:

Soul.Train

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Customer ..taking ure Money is ok ... but please don`t ask... u will get help from other users... no match ? We are happy that you will continue to play Ultima Online.. but we cant help you in this matter !!!!!

:D

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cut the grass, done the dishes, walked the dogs, done the hovering…. Still no Europa. Running out of real life things t do here.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cut the grass, done the dishes, walked the dogs, done the hovering…. Still no Europa. Running out of real life things t do here.
Terry's given up and gone to the library for some books. :)

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like they use snail mail instead of email to inform that some servers are missing from the list..... :lame:

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't set a text colour, it uses the default, which is readable on all themes.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe this is some kind of population test... they take down a server for 1 day and check how many complains they get :D

S

Sevin0oo0

OK, I confess, I think it must of been me. I went to Drach last nite just before outage, get a little New Player Experience, since i didn't have a toon there, and also wanting to check out that moongate thing near the climbing guy after first checking Origin shard.
Made one of those new Gargoyles - I knew starting with only 1k gp, a horse would be half of that, only getting it killed somewhere, essentially wasting the few gold i had in my purse, so i can fly faster than mounted, much better value. Except... I couldn't figure out how to fly! I went thru 5 major cities looking for someone to ask real quick , including Luna, all empty. (i didn't think about chat). Tried google next: uo gargoyle how fly racial ability, got some old pages, none of which said Click This to fly. Tried in-game 'help', what a F'n joke! Why doesn't it take you to "ultima online" help considering it was launched from an Ultima game? I didn't see UO even listed on that page, but finally thought I was getting somewhere after typing it in a search box. type in many words, like i did in google, got squat, exc 1 page had a faq mostly on account based considerations. Eventually, I just gave up.
I thought try a GM - Oh yeah! get a i can not help thee w/ that? get a canned link sending me to this same worthless help page? No Thanks! I went back in game and just clicked everything I could find, thru skills, etc. I finally got it after searching YouTube videos, but it's been over 30 mins now, for something that should be relatively simple and I was kinda losing my interest. Yep, lost it.Then something struck me... I had a Perfect "0" for AR, 2 robes (huh?), nothing else except a some kind of weird sword.
I quickly checked what I was originally wanting to know and just logged out. After all that I really just didn't feel like playing UO at all, period. If I was a new player, I'd of deleted everything and picked another game.

I guess when I left, thinking no one else was at home anyways, I turned off the lights, I didn't know it was gonna do that, sorry.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
or they are using this as the plot line for the Hangover part 3......

Deckard?