• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome to Stratics Forums on XenForo!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
After over 30 hours of downtime for data migration, plugin installation, forum configuration, and search indexing, we are finally live on XenForo! Please have a look around and let us know if you have questions or see any bugs.

As a reminder, forum things were not migrated by the system. First, user albums werenot transferred. We will be researching a new user album plugin. Meanwhile, user albums will continue to be accessible on OLD forums. Second, any locally-hosted signatures are not transferred. Instructions for adding your signature to the NEW forums are located here. Third, infraction histories are not transferred. We will reference and restore old histories on a case-by-case basis. Ideally, we will not have a need to review these histories and your shiny, new accounts will remain spotless. Finally, themes are not transferred. I have done my best to re-create the primary Stratics theme, UO Classic. I am trying to contract a developer to make two new, custom themes for us, but these are not yet complete. Also, we would be thrilled to review user or staff-submitted themes for inclusion in our repertoire of themes.

We have launched a Support and Bug Reports forum, in case you have any feedback or encounter any problems. In the coming days, we will be bringing our smilies over from the old forums, fixing user titles, and re-creating RSS feeds from sites like the UO Herald. Additionally, I will continue to seek a developer to create a couple of custom themes for us and I will also install a couple of out-of-the-box themes to provide some variety.

Thank you for your patience throughout this process. I need sleep. G'night.

P.S. The style chooser is located at the bottom of every page:

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big thanks to Stephen, Syrus, and the other people who lost sleep to get this all sorted but who I forgot.

Big thanks, also, to Tazar, for saving me the trouble of asking "are we there yet?" repeatedly :D

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hauls in the cookies and (insert favorite beverage here) to assist in rejuvenating those who helped with the move .... Congrats! :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Check this out!

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you increase the number of posts per page? I couldn't find a setting for that.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
How do you increase the number of posts per page? I couldn't find a setting for that.
Sadly, there's not an option to adjust this right now, but keep in mind that XenForo is very new. XenForo 1.0.0 was released less than a year ago, on 8 March 2011. We're running XF 1.1.2. It wasn't until 1.1.0 that they had a warning system. Each release offers us a range of new features, mostly based on feedback from users. I'll check to see if this has been suggested yet. If not, I'll suggest it!

Maybe we can open a poll to see how many posts most folks like to see.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info. Some forums have a bunch of stickies which really reduces the amount of new posts seen per screen. I'd like to see at least 100 per page maybe?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly, there's not an option to adjust this right now, but keep in mind that XenForo is very new. XenForo 1.0.0 was released less than a year ago, on 8 March 2011. We're running XF 1.1.2. It wasn't until 1.1.0 that they had a warning system. Each release offers us a range of new features, mostly based on feedback from users. I'll check to see if this has been suggested yet. If not, I'll suggest it!

Maybe we can open a poll to see how many posts most folks like to see.
I love running new and featureless software to replace the old software that the new crew can't run after booting out the guy who maintained it!

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I love running new and featureless software to replace the old software that the new crew can't run after booting out the guy who maintained it!
100% of existing senior staff were vocally opposed to the whole fiasco (let's not rehash). Now that it's happened, beyond our control, we're trying our best to muddle through.

Fortunately, now that Stephen is working more closely with us, we're doing ok. Stephen seems to know everything.

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow!! What a shock. First step seems to be ok with logging in. Now to see if my vet status is still here and my sig. But so far so good. HUGE patch in uo. Its been a couple weeks since I logged in last so signing in today is very scary for me.

Now to get used to the boards. It kind of hurts my eyes.. not by design but just the colors hurt my eyes for some reason. I find myself squinting ALOT. But other than that it look good. Wish me luck in migrateing the rest of my board stuff if it's not here already.

Ahh kk I see my avator and sig are not here yet.. thats the next thing then.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Wow!! What a shock. First step seems to be ok with logging in. Now to see if my vet status is still here and my sig. But so far so good. HUGE patch in uo. Its been a couple weeks since I logged in last so signing in today is very scary for me.

Now to get used to the boards. It kind of hurts my eyes.. not by design but just the colors hurt my eyes for some reason. I find myself squinting ALOT. But other than that it look good. Wish me luck in migrateing the rest of my board stuff if it's not here already.

Ahh kk I see my avator and sig are not here yet.. thats the next thing then.
Here are some guides you might find useful: http://community.stratics.com/index.php?forums/suggestions-and-bug-reports.692/. There are guides on how to move your sig from vBulletin and how to change the theme to something more familiar.

Welcome. :)

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are some guides you might find useful: http://community.stratics.com/index.php?forums/suggestions-and-bug-reports.692/. There are guides on how to move your sig from vBulletin and how to change the theme to something more familiar.

Welcome. :)
Working like a charm. So far the smoothest transfer that I have encountered over the years of playing. First the orriginal OSI forums, then to the stratics old old forums.. then the transfer to the 2001 (i think) loss of the files in those forums.. now this one. And so far this one by FAR is the easiest. As I get older, my brain farts ALOT more so it's harder for me to comply to changes.. LOL Thumbs up here so far.. now to read up on all the stuff thats been happeneing...

Ahh just noticed one thing.. its says im a visitor.. is this correct?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
A few months of QA goes a long way. :)

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, this went smoother than I thought it would, lol.

You've made a good choice migrating away from vBulletin to XenForo, tbh. vB was genuinely starting to show its age and XenForo is looking like a very promising project moving forward. I think you've made the right call here.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to thank you again for makeing so easy to migrate to these forums. Like I mentioned before, I don't take to change that easy but this was a breeze. Thank you so much for keeping folks like me in mind for the migration.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm glad they're working out ok. We're still actively working to make them even better. :)