• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Viable Template Suggestions

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would like to know how feasible template this would be for solo 6 and 7.

100 carto
100 mining
100 magery 110 with gear
100 lp
110 music
110 disco
100 med - for now want to swap to Mysticism.

I would rely on suit for mana regeneration but dont know how much problem it would be, will raise disco to 120 with music and use gear to offset the skill points.

Thoughts?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Going without med isn't much as a problem, as long as you combine MR gear with LMC. 40% LMC is the cap, and will allow you to cast Earth Eles and EVs for 30 mana instead of 50%.

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was mainly wanting the RC from Mystic to help with fights, already got 40 LMC but will work on suit to add MR which is already at 12. no imbues either just old armor sets put together and mostly artifacts

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lvl 6 and 7's have really strong guardians. If you want to use barding skills on them, you need 120's (music and discord in your case). For bringing RC's to power you need an additional skill for Myticism. (Focus under normal circumstances.)
If you want to test, how well you do against lvl6 chest guardians, go to Destard and pick a greater dragon.

Z

Zannette

If you are running as a mage for main offence skill; you may be better of going with provocation as guardians for LVL 6 & 7 dispel a lot. With legendary Provo you can keep them busy while you cast your summons.

Also note that you can drop your mining down to about 66 add Jacob's pickaxe and +5 gloves to go to 81. This is personal preference of course but it does free up some of your skills so that you can raise your bard skills.

Z

T

Tovladian Soltyr

My Template is as such:

Cart: 100 (Obvious Reasons)

Focus: 120 (For Increasing Effects/Dmg of Myst and SW spells)

LP: 100 (Obvious again)

Mage: 95 (110 with +15 Tome of Knowledge, for getting around and disarming traps)

Mine: 95 (100 With Mining Gloves, for Tile Bonus on digging up maps)

Myst: 90 (120 with a +30 Jewel Set, For Many reasons, RC's/Healing Stone/Healing/Etc...)

Spellweaving: 120 (For Self Rez spell, Making my RC's stronger, WoD, and Invulnerable Travel Form :D )

I have a decent Imbued suit/jewelry set that I made myself, if you don't have an imbuer it could be rather expensive putting a suit together like I have but I can for sure solo level 6's but haven't tried any level 7's by myself yet always done a friends map haven't gotten any of my own yet.

E

elspeth

Focus: 120 (For Increasing Effects/Dmg of Myst and SW spells)
I've seen others make this mistake so I wanted to point it out. Focus skill has nothing to do with spellweaving. The "focus" that is spoken of in spellweaving spells is an arcane focus. This is a crystal that shows up in your backpack when you stand on a pentagram or a spellweaving circle with other spellweavers around your same level (within 20 points) and then cast the spell "Arcane Focus". You will get a crystal focus with a time limit and a given strength based on the number of spellweavers who stand on the circle with you for a max up to 5 people. If you use the circle at Brit bank then you will get an additional bonus strength and so can have a level 6 focus crystal but you still must have 5 people (4 others besides yourself) and you cannot cast it without at least 1 other person.

M

macnasty

So would it still be viable to run spellweaving? I was thinking about making that template above...

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So would it still be viable to run spellweaving? I was thinking about making that template above...
Tovladian's template is viable. Even though the focus skill is not needed for spellweaving, it is needed for mysticism. Belshazzar's template does not have focus though. It's possible to still make it work by keeping cartography and mining on soulstones and swapping them out as needed.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have Solo'ed many 6 and 7s

Provo is my freidn not disco but to each their own

Mysticism need focus!

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would like to know how feasible template this would be for solo 6 and 7.

100 carto
100 mining
100 magery 110 with gear
100 lp
110 music
110 disco
100 med - for now want to swap to Mysticism.

I would rely on suit for mana regeneration but dont know how much problem it would be, will raise disco to 120 with music and use gear to offset the skill points.

Thoughts?
Save yourself 30+ mining points by using +5 mining gloves and doing the mining quest south on Haven to get Jacob's pickaxe which gives you +10 mining. My mining is 66 with the +15 gives me 81 - four tile radius - more than enough to find chests easily.

More points for Disco and music

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mining is 66 with the +15 gives me 81 - four tile radius - more than enough to find chests easily.
81 is actually three tile radius, if you don't count the tile the treasure chest is under, but other than that, you're absolutely right, items that give mining skill bonus can be used.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm I solo a lot of level 6 maps with 120 music/peace/provo and with that reptile slayer harp I still fail on the Ancient Wyrms so much I most often log on my Archer to kill them, just get tired of running and failing provo, and any in Illsheanr or Malas is super easy to solo due to a lack of AW and GD.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I ran into a "The gods must hate me" map in Tokuno - My melee T-hunter and a Disco Tamer friend died many horrible screaming deaths before vanquishing the guardian spawn.

It was along the coast of NW Isamu-jima due west of the Fan Dancers - in other words, right in the middle of the massive rune beetle/evil mage spawn.

I guess in the time it took to DIG the map, we killed 2 dozen Rune Beetles that kept respawning in the chest area and disrupting the dig, And probably another 2 dozen while killing the initial (Guardian) spawn (which included a couple ladies of the snow, two MORE rune beetles, a couple of Yomutsu elders, a hiryu and an oni).

If I ever get another map in that area, I'm not gonna hold it to reset, I'm just going to donate it and be done with it.

(and the next two Trammel level 6s I did had 3 and 4 AW respectively as guardians)